NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

Also, the segrated areas can act as safe zones when you're really getting your ass handed to you; just move to a neighbouring area and recover your health, sharpen the weapon and so on.

I think it's exactly that. It has always been that way in the MH games and I don't think it would work otherwise. You need that bit of respite when fighting the beasties, especially when you do so for the first time, while learning its attack patterns.

I think it's because good streaming engines are a lot harder to program and Capcom wants to put as little time and effort into its games as possible.

Damn it gets worse!...

Were people aware downed enemies disintegrate into magical pixie dust?!! The Fuck!

That fight scene is so rediculous in terms of the number of enemies shooting at you and nothing happening!... oh and the Human Stag Beetles! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Well, after a few battles I realised that it wasn't my kind of game anyway. It's just that big disappointment that sticks in my mind.

:o:o:o:o You are now a disappointment to me Cube :cry:

Damn it gets worse!...

Were people aware downed enemies disintegrate into magical pixie dust?!! The Fuck!

That fight scene is so rediculous in terms of the number of enemies shooting at you and nothing happening!... oh and the Human Stag Beetles! :p

Oh holy god.... really hope this game sells poorly now :nono::nono:

That Ada video from before made the game look like Devil May Cry, this video makes it look like Uncharted.... I just want to see a video that makes it look like Resident Evil :cry: :cry: :cry:

The disntegrating enemies were like when Buffy stakes a Vampire in heart :heh:

Though the Stag Beetle things are ok, can be explained by some other Las Plagas type Parasite.... least it's better than the bloody skeletons :nono:

I'm gonna start annoying Capcom_UK on twitter :p

Edited by Mokong

:laughing:

Yeah, but I'm sure the story is good...

:nono:

lol yeah I know right! :p

The story probably will be utter bollocks, tbh the only character I'm really interested in anymore is Leon.

But I am actually starting to think I might not bother with the game and just watch it on Youtube or something!

Though the Stag Beetle things are ok, can be explained by some other Las Plagas type Parasite.... least it's better than the bloody skeletons :nono:
Yeah but they're just getting more and more stupid!

Here's a bunch of stuff that most people won't care about.

Last week we announced Resident Evil.Net, the free online service that will enhance the Resident Evil 6 experience for players across the globe and today sees the official release of a video showcasing all of this service’s features:

· Comprehensive stat tracking

o Enemies killed

o Weapons used

o Medals earned

o And more

· Compare your game with those of friends and other Resident Evil 6 players around the world

· Link your status with Twitter & Facebook

o Share your latest achievements with friends

o Receive alerts when your high score has been beaten

· Free Smartphone App to launch alongside the service

o Will support iOS, Android and Windows devices

· Earn RE.Net points just by connecting to the service or entering events

o Exchange points for cool items including additional Mercenaries costumes or figures to place in your very own Resident Evil diorama

· Compete in regular organised events such as:

o Join fellow gamers to defeat a set number of enemies

o Aim for a high score in Mercenaries Mode

· Champion Belt events

o Compete in these special events to win the ultimate accolade, the Champion’s Belt

o Can only be held by one player at any time

o Players will need to defend their title or watch it fall to another player

I wonder what kind of review scores this game will bring home?

The story probably will be utter bollocks, tbh the only character I'm really interested in anymore is Leon.

For me it's all about where Sherry has been all these years.

For me it's all about where Sherry has been all these years.

That's all I care about too.... bet they come up with some stupid filler backstory for her.

Wish they'd address the whereabouts of Rebecca and Billy too :heh:

Even if this does get a WiiU port, short of loads of surprisingly good reviews I'll prolly just watch some walkthrough vids on YT like I did RE5 :heh:

EDIT:

WTF:

Exchange (Residentevil.net) points for cool items including additional Mercenaries costumes or figures to place in your very own Resident Evil diorama

That's worse than making maps/outfits pre-order or console exclusive

How is it worse? They're available to everyone, unlocked using points rather than money.

I'm expecting this game to be a lot of dumb fun, just like RE5. Looking forward to it.

From what I've seen, this game seems to incorporate all the different styles of RE gameplay, masses of characters, and all the different types of enemies plus new ones. Plus what, isn't there 4 campaign scenarios? It seems to appeal to all RE fans. I can't help but feel those hating on the game would hate no matter what.

From what I've seen, this game seems to incorporate all the different styles of RE gameplay, masses of characters, and all the different types of enemies plus new ones. Plus what, isn't there 4 campaign scenarios? It seems to appeal to all RE fans. I can't help but feel those hating on the game would hate no matter what.
How long have you been playing the series for?

How is it worse? They're available to everyone, unlocked using points rather than money.

I'm expecting this game to be a lot of dumb fun, just like RE5. Looking forward to it.

Ah my initial thought was, having to unlock new outfits via something that is not on the disc seem wrong. But now that I think of it more it's actually more like free DLC so I take back what I said in previous post.

With a complete lack of any sense of horror, tension and atmosphere that the series started with all in favour of ramping up the action :(

That RE.net features would be awesome if they were incorporated into Monster Hunter. In fact, if it had those features, I would probably still be playing the wii version. Goddamnit Capcom.

Are you kidding me?! Resi 0 Resi 1 REmake whatever its called, 2, 3 and 4 had me crapping my pants. Yes resi 4, those damn regenerators scared the bejesus out of me, especially as first time round I didn't have the infra red scope so battles became really tense when the ammo got low. RE 5 had me cracking jokes with my mate and lamenting how bad his shot could be :blank: Totally killed the tension. Twas a fun co-op game, but not Resident Evil.

Are you kidding me?! Resi 0 Resi 1 REmake whatever its called, 2, 3 and 4 had me crapping my pants. Yes resi 4, those damn regenerators scared the bejesus out of me, especially as first time round I didn't have the infra red scope so battles became really tense when the ammo got low. RE 5 had me cracking jokes with my mate and lamenting how bad his shot could be :blank: Totally killed the tension. Twas a fun co-op game, but not Resident Evil.

This was how it was for me. I played through the game once in single player and then played through it numerous times with my mates. It was such a laugh, especially when both of us had unlocked the rocket launcher with infinite ammo.

Resident Evil 5 gets a lot of hate but I really enjoyed it, more so than 4 as well. This was because of the co-op experience and I found the story to tie into the Resident Evil series a lot more than 4 ever did. As good as 4 is, it always felt like a side story to me.

I've come to peace with the fact that the series is more about action than horror now, but I still don't agree with some of the choices made for Resident Evil 6. However, i'm eager to see how the story plays out, especially with Sherry kicking around again.

I watched a trailer for that ResidentEvil.Net thing on Live yesterday and to be honest it doesn't look that bad at all. It could actually add a lot of replay value to the game if you're into getting high scores or beating a friends times.

I'm personally not, but there are a hell of a lot of people who are.

Story. That's it.

youtube is pretty awesome site to see how games turn out without putting up with crap gameplay (Hi MGS4 and FFXIII)

Or their wikia page which the moment the game comes out the news on all the little details of the game will be put up within seconds.

Resident Evil 5 gets a lot of hate but I really enjoyed it, more so than 4 as well. This was because of the co-op experience and I found the story to tie into the Resident Evil series a lot more than 4 ever did. As good as 4 is, it always felt like a side story to me.

I look at Resident Evil 4 as somewhat as a Side Story too; it was very much a solo character game getting us caught up to speed on what Leon's been doing all these years. However I like to think of it like that, in the same way I view Code Veronica as somewhat of a side story.

But I think that's why I like Leon and Claire so much; they're somewhat set apart from the storyline of the STARS characters, but also just as much a part of the overall story.

I think the only thing that could have made Resident Evil 5 feel like it was more a part of the main story was the presence of more 'big time' characters, in Chris, Jill and Wesker (although technically RE4 had 3 as well in Leon, Ada and Wesker... but yeah, hardly). Because it purely is just a straight up a continuation of the the RE4 story. I really hated that they turned Jill into Weskers play-thing.

I still can't get over how they just butchered the Umbrella storyline. Sure they wanted to reinvent the gameplay, but this didn't have to mean just axing 10 years of games through a 30 second cutscene! If they wanted faster enemies that mutated during fights, why not just introduce this/the Las Plagas Project; as a development of Umbrella's work!

Edited by Retro_Link

I agree. I get bored of the Resident Evil storyline any time after the fall of Umbrella.

I was reading the 'Xbox Live Is Down' thread over on Gaf and someone mentioned that a new demo for this is being released this week. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Wouldn't be surprised as the dragons dogma code for the ps3 version of the demo is finally valid sometime this month.

EDIT: After a quick check, it seems the code is valid tomorrow.