NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

So I just finished Leon's campaign.

Torture is probably a good word to describe the experience.

This is not a RE game. And it's not a good game (so far).

I know most people already know it's not that great, but the reviews I have read were definitely right in saying that the game is suffering from an identity crisis.

It doesn't know what type of game to be. But it doesn't do any genre it plays with particularly well.

I found the whole story slightly cheesy but more importantly I found playing the game just a total chore.

Several annoyances include the menu at the start to see if you want players from online to join your game - no I do not want this.

Another major flaw was trying to make the game play like more of a third person action game. Leon did not handle well at all. Often his movements felt 'slippery' if that makes sense and the controls were no where near as tight as they were in 5.

The end boss - good lord it was terrible. Just FUCKIN END ALREADY. On and on and on and on and on. Torture.

You have to wonder if the developers even played the game. If they did they could not have been happy with that first campaign.

I honestly could go on about the things I didn't like but I wont.

Things I did like? Erm, not really sure. I honestly can't even be bothered starting the other 2 characters campaigns now.

So so disappointing.

I really hope Capcom get a shock with this sales wise, because it might just be the wake-up call they need to go back and re-secure themselves the Survival Horror market, leading to one of the best Resi games yet.

I agree Retro.

I played the first chapter of Chris's campaign earlier to see if it would give me a bit of hope - although after reading H-O-T's comments I was clutching at straws... :laughing: - and I was right to be...

It was as if someone had thrown Chris into a Call of Duty / Battlefield Bad Company game.

Zombies... with weapons.

Zombies that behave like humans, attacking you and shooting at you - but also with the ability to grow back arms like pincers...

I mean this is just crazy Capcom! Absolutely crazy!

I got through the chapter pretty quickly as the areas where it just kept spawning enemies I ran through. If one got in my way, hit the 'R' trigger to bash them out the way.

The only time I had to stop was when tarantula type zombies (that are also humans that shoot at you... I know right...) were carrying hostages with them that had to be saved before you could progress to the next level.

All it reminded me of is Spiderman. Those sections where hostages need rescuing and you find them and they're all 'Thanks!' - it was like that. Without the fun that Spider Man brought in comparison to this.

I just have nothing good to say about it. It is shocking how bad this is. It feels like a spin off RE game. Not a main series release. I cannot believe that after finding glory with RE4 and then successfully incorporating some modern action into 5 (obvs not to everyones tastes but definitely worked for me), they go and turn the whole thing on it's head and try to make a full blown action game.

It's really disappointing and Capcom have a lot to do to try and get this series back on track now. After Revelations on the 3DS too which I personally found to be a fantastic experience. :(

Reading this thread is like watching a train-wreck. I can't help but keep coming back to read more about how sucky the game is. If the game was a spin-off rather than a direct sequel then perhaps it could be forgiven, right? Steering clear of this one.

Just finished Jake's story and I enjoyed it, I mean REALLY enjoyed it. Sure, there were some annoying sections like the snow storm and stealth part, but it was still far superior to the other 2 campaigns. Seeing Sherry back in action, with a nice surprise no less, was great and the final chapter felt very much like it was taken out of Resident Evil 2. The final boss was much, MUCH better than the grind fest that was Leons and the scene after the credits was a cheeky nod to Wesker. Loved it.

Just the final campaign left to do now. So far it's been a roller coaster of a game, having it's highs, which there are few, and it's lows, which are in abundance.

I finished the not so secret campaign yesterday and again it was very good. Basically Jake and the secret campaign are the best, followed by Leon and then Chris.

I saved all my pennies and bought infinite ammo for the shotgun and pistol before heading out to play some co-op with my mate. Man, it was so much fun. I was doing all these John Woo style gun moves as Leon and basically just mowing down any enemy that I came across. Infinite ammo = infinite fun. :D

good lord! either you guys are atempting one hell of a trolling to the max and making half of this shit up, or this is quite simply an abomination of a game

did i read right you pilot a jet fighter? against a carrier? and a tank?

i did that last night.....on battlefield

and tarantula zombies with guns?

what the actual fuck capcom seriously? it sounds like capcom let their kids make up this game "what do you think would be cool honey?" "ow ow ow i know i want it like COD but better! with lots of guns and wierd zombies with guns, and tanks, no jets, no all of them"

Edited by Agent Gibbs
cos i'm an idiot and didn't structure this correctly

tarantula zombies with guns?

i did that last night.....on battlefield

Battlefield has change since I played it.

Battlefield has change since I played it.

Ha i should have structured that bit so it was after the battlefield bit:p

but yeah seriously are there tarantula guys with guns?

Ha i should have structured that bit so it was after the battlefield bit:p

but yeah seriously are there tarantula guys with guns?

Yup. Also people that turn into birds/lizards and ones that grow grasshopper legs and jump around you while shooting.

I honestly began to wonder were you trolling me then as it seriously can't be that bad!

so i googled it

I feel really bad now, what has happened to the resident evil that i knew and loved? i think i should just correct my memory so resident evil ended with 4, with a brief renewal on the 3DS

The new GT Invisible Walls is brilliant. It's basically just an argument over Resi 6! :p

One argument Shane kept bringing up though that annoyed me was i.e. when someone criticised the cover or camera or something... he would say 'well it was like that in Resi 5 and people didn't complain as much' etc...

... Fair enough, but Resi 5 is also came out what 4 years ago or something? You would have expected things to have moved on the gameplay to be refined. Not stay the same or get worse.

Also, whilst I thought Marcus brought up the best point in that...

Calling a game Resident Evil 6 will cause dissapointmnet because people go into a Resi game with pre-concieved ideas and expectations as to what the game should be. If Capcom want to move away from that, well then they shouldn't call the game by Resident Evil. Start a side series (i.e. carry on the Racoon City series) for the action games and keep Resident Evil as the survival horror series.

Edited by Retro_Link

Does this game have any co-operative gameplay? like RE5, where you can game with a partner be it online or locally through the campaign. Does this game have retain the mercenaries mode?

I haven't seen anything on this game since it's reveal trailer.

Does this game have any co-operative gameplay? like RE5, where you can game with a partner be it online or locally through the campaign. Does this game have retain the mercenaries mode?

I haven't seen anything on this game since it's reveal trailer.

Yeah, it has both of the things you mentioned. I've been playing it in co-op most of this week and its been a right blast.

Ah I feel more confident about the game now. I found RE5 boring to replay on my own, but had so much more fun playing co-op with my brother or a friend. Good to hear.

I liked Resident Evil 6, it's great fun especially in co-op. I can understand people who want a scary game being disappointed with RE6 but if you enjoyed RE5 then this game improves on that by a lot. If you don't like action games then try Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS instead, it's basically classic RE done in a Resident Evil 4 style.

but if you enjoyed RE5 then this game improves on that by a lot.

Nope. It doesn't at all.

It destroys the work RE5 did in trying to become a little less survival horror and more action based. They got it right in RE5 (my opinion), but with 6 it just feels like they had no idea what to do so created as big an action game as they could.

Results are terrible.

Nope. It doesn't at all.

It destroys the work RE5 did in trying to become a little less survival horror and more action based. They got it right in RE5 (my opinion), but with 6 it just feels like they had no idea what to do so created as big an action game as they could.

Results are terrible.

You say that like it's a bad thing :D

I didnt like the demo. Will I like the game?

Probably not. Leon's campaign is much better than it seems in the demo but Chris and Jake get a fair representation... Well actually Jake's demo doesn't show off the horrible driving or stealth sections in his campaign lol.

Sounds bad. got it on rental right now but Warcraft has taken my time :p

Good to see they're updating it for free but the 'No Hope' difficulty level will only be worth playing through if you actually get something extra for completing it again, be that extra achievements or some nice in-game rewards.

You probably get an unlockable title for your Dog Tag for completing it on No Hope difficulty. The titles are basically like extra achievements

@Aneres11 did you ever finish this? What were your thoughts past Leon and early Chris campaigns?

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/36325/cliff-blezinski-wants-to-fix-resident-evil

Cliff Bleszinski Wants To Fix Resident Evil

Cliff Bleszinski recently departed from Epic, the studio where he helped develop the Unreal and Gears of War franchises. Since then, a lot of speculation has flown about where he might wind up next.

If Bleszinski has his way, it'll be at Capcom, working on the next Resident Evil game.

Bleszinski tweeted out an open offer to Capcom yesterday:

Cliff Bleszinski ✔@therealcliffyb

Hey, Capcom. Call me. We can fix Resident Evil. Together. :-)

Of course, some may feel that the Resident Evil franchise doesn't need fixing, and that may include Capcom in light of the performance of Resident Evil 6. While reviews of the game were decidedly mixed, that didn't stop Capcom from shipping 4.5 million units within the first week of the game's release.

That said, it's hard to believe that the idea of the mastermind behind a beloved third-person shooter taking the reins of an equally beloved franchise doesn't have at least a little appeal. We've reached out to Capcom and will update if they offer an official response.

Yes please!

I don't think he'd 'Gears of War' it either, unlike Capcom he probably just understand (unlike Capcom) what the fans want to see (being one himself).

@Retro_Link nope lol.

I started Chris's campaign and it was absolutely dreadful. Dreadful.

So I haven't touched it since. Next time I'm near a GAME store it's being traded. Such a big big disappointment.