NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

The opinion is split. A lot of people are hating it, like myself and others are enjoying it, like bryanee.

I enjoyed it but I do see the problems the game has. It defo needs more time in dev. But the game is four months away and this is the e3 demo and god knows how old that is.

It really does look crap. I watched a video of Leon's scenario and he doesn't even have a different animation when going down stairs.

I know it's only a demo, and the main game will improve a little, but still - as HoT says, it's sad to see how far Resident Evil has fallen since the brilliance of 4.

direct feed footage from comic con, leon campaign. The game looks much improved, screen tearing has gone. They got the screen tearing and aiming complaints at e3 and have sorted them out. You can turn off the reticule and use only laser sight much like RE4/5 and you can turn off all the HUD stuff including the waypoint.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/324784321

direct feed footage from comic con, leon campaign. The game looks much improved, screen tearing has gone. They got the screen tearing and aiming complaints at e3 and have sorted them out. You can turn off the reticule and use only laser sight much like RE4/5 and you can turn off all the HUD stuff including the waypoint.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/324784321

Too bad they haven't turned it into a good game ;)

Yeah, the environment and mood of Leon's campaign (/Resident Evil as a franchise) should be far more gripping than that.

New trailer for the now confirmed fourth campaign that isnt dlc, woo.

OK I've wanted to keep relatively spoiler free from this game should I get it; however I've become more and more concerned about how this game will turn out, so decided to watch the latest Ada trailer.

I'm worried now. The game is out in 6 weeks time and to me it does not look good! Why have they seemingly rushed this game out when it still looks like it needs so much work doing to it. Just watching that trailer, shadows are irratic, character animations like crawling forward/backwards look clunky, textures (like on the chest lock) could do with improving, and overall the engine is just looking a little tired I'd say. Compare it to the likes of Tomb Raider etc... and it's night and day. Why didn't they just wait with the game.

Also Ada's acrobatic/grapple gun animations are SO disorientating, no?

Also those skeleton enemies just feel wrong for a Resident Evil game.

The game just doesn't feel right.

Damn you Capcom!

On one hand I want to know how the Resident Evil story and characters are progressing having been a real fan of the series. But I don't want to be forced to buy and play through a bad game just to find out! And constantly thinking about how this isn't really Resi anymore.

Damn you Capcom!

On one hand I want to know how the Resident Evil story and characters are progressing having been a real fan of the series. But I don't want to be forced to buy a bad game (and one that let's face it, doesn't seem to even be Resident Evil anymore) just to find out!

I will end up buying it purely because i'm a fan of the series. Now, I bought and enjoyed Resident Evil: ORC but even this looks a bit meh to me. It seems they have just thrown a load of ideas at the wall and seen what sticks.

I'm just hoping those terrible screen tearing problems from the demo have been sorted.

I think I'll end up buying it too, but thats's what's so annoying. Maybe after a price drop though.

It's also annoying to see them just rehashing so many ideas over and over... yet another 'defend the lift' section!

They've also shamelessly ripped off the ending of National Treasure for that level design aswell!

Might buy this when it inevitably ends up in bargain bins a few months after its release, but it might not even be worth it then. It looks completely diabolical and it's killed the Resident Evil series for me. In my opinion, the series ended with 4.

Is it me or is the camera WAAAAAAAY too close. Feels like one wouldn't be able to see anything and actually gives me a bit of a headache. Annoying thing is, as a fan of the series too, I will probably buy it. But again, when I am playing it with a friend, I expect to be saying "Resi 4 did this better, Remember how this was done in Resi 4, OMG this reminds me so much of that moment in Resi 4...." etc.

If you guys don't like the look of the game, why buy it? If the sales numbers for this are positive, it will just convince Capcom even more that this is the direction the series should be taking. Which it shouldn't be.

I've watched the video and just feel nothing.

But again, when I am playing it with a friend, I expect to be saying "Resi 4 did this better, Remember how this was done in Resi 4, OMG this reminds me so much of that moment in Resi 4...." etc.
I know right. There's a 'defend the lift' and there's also another 'defend the cabin'... wouldn't be surprised to see El Gigante show up too!

If you guys don't like the look of the game, why buy it? If the sales numbers for this are positive, it will just convince Capcom even more that this is the direction the series should be taking. Which it shouldn't be.

Story. That's it. I for one always enjoyed them (except for 5) and having played all the major entries in the series, except for 1, am probably likely to continue until they do a DmC :nono:

Because despite not liking the gameplay I kinda still want to know where the story/characters are headed. It's frustrating! Especially when so much of the gameplay looks SO bad!

Resident Evil 5 was by far the biggest selling Resident Evil yet. I doubt the true fans of the series make up much of that percentage anyway, so us buying it or not really makes little difference. It's the people who didn't grow up playing Resident Evil that are buying these new games in the millions now.

*sigh*

Well lucky for me I won't get tempted to buy this unless it gets a WiiU port... hopefully by the the that happens the game will be out long enough and I'll have read enough posts here to know it is shit and not be tempted to buy it :heh:

The skeleton enemies was just so...WTF? I look forward to seeing them explain how a virus/parasite can reanimate a skeleton which has no brain left :heh:

Also all the jumping around... too Unchartedy

This seems about as close to Resident Evil as Devil May Cry is close to Resident Evil *cough*

Story. That's it. I for one always enjoyed them (except for 5) and having played all the major entries in the series, except for 1, am probably likely to continue until they do a DmC :nono:

Dude go get REmake on the Gamecube (or the Wii port) NOW :mad:

*sigh*

Dude go get REmake on the Gamecube (or the Wii port) NOW :mad:

You are mad now, but would it make you more mad to learn that...I didn't like it? I had played it after playing resi 4 so it was like a total system shock. Aiming was painful, pace was sluggish, and the conservation of ammo was much stricter than in 4. Same with the Resi 0. Couldn't finish them :(

Either way capcom are slowly dying to me. Resi *sigh* Dmc *sigh*. Their fighters are like constant slaps in the face with their DLC practices and 'Ultimate Editions'. Their only saving graces in my eyes are Monster Hunter, which they REFUSE to develop on a machine with a proper online infrastructure (PC version doesn't count as it's japan only *sigh*) and Dragon's Dogma (nothing bad to say about this game I loved it so much).

Edited by Deathjam

All these different campaigns are getting a bit rediculous now as well. Three gameplay styles always seemed a bit much anyway, but now they've thrown in a 4th, plus you probably play as the main characters partners at times too!

Should have just kept it much more focused.

You are mad now, but would it make you more mad to learn that...I didn't like it? I had played it after playing resi 4 so it was like a total system shock. Aiming was painful, pace was sluggish, and the conservation of ammo was much stricter than in 4. Same with the Resi 0. Couldn't finish them :(
Did you play 2, 3 and Code Veronica before Resi 4 and then find it difficult going back to 1 and 0?

Did you play 2, 3 and Code Veronica before Resi 4 and then find it difficult going back to 1 and 0?

Yup that's it in a nutshell.

Their only saving graces in my eyes are Monster Hunter, which they REFUSE to develop on a machine with a proper online infrastructure (PC version doesn't count as it's japan only *sigh*)

Or a console powerful enough to let you explore the landscape. When I played 3 Tri, I got out of the fist village, looked at the landscape and was wowed. I then went to explore.

And then got a massive shock as I was simply warped to the next area. The biggest buzzkill ever. I then took the disc out and sent it back to Lovefilm.

Or a console powerful enough to let you explore the landscape. When I played 3 Tri, I got out of the fist village, looked at the landscape and was wowed. I then went to explore.

And then got a massive shock as I was simply warped to the next area. The biggest buzzkill ever. I then took the disc out and sent it back to Lovefilm.

Wow, you gave up early. I don't know what Capcom's own explanation behind the segregated areas is, but they do work surprisingly well. The game is not about exploration per se, but intense fights against huge monsters (in a group). For this purpose, the "quick travel" between areas probably makes the experience much faster, because you don't have to wade through so much terrain but can skip from one battle field to another in the pursuit of a moving monster. Also, the segrated areas can act as safe zones when you're really getting your ass handed to you; just move to a neighbouring area and recover your health, sharpen the weapon and so on.

Well, after a few battles I realised that it wasn't my kind of game anyway. It's just that big disappointment that sticks in my mind.