NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

That was brilliant...Conan, not the game. Makes me wanna try out the demo myself though but something that really bothers me is the animation of the thumbs up. It looks like Leon's arm is wooden and attached on artificially...it looks lame. Am I the only one that sees this? Camera/FOV looks alot better than before but graphics looked pretty unspectacular. Meh I will just wait till the demo before I make anymore uninformed conclusions.

I noticed that the screen tearing is still there as well. :(

I have still yet to preorder this as i'm not hyped at all.

I feel sorry for the developer dude (I presume it's one of the developers), sitting that watching this dude enjoy the game because:

- The woman doesn't react to you running into her.

- The awful, awful animation for "Good job"

- The fact that a knocked over chair will stop you.

- The food on a table.

- The monsters look like lobsters/shellfish.

the fact they've made fallen over chair into an invisible wall really annoys me no end, in real life, lift leg step over, in game the same thing becomes fort knox an impregnable fortress, gandalf with his staff! for gods sake if you want in invisible wall at least use something realistic

Plus, from the looks of things, being able to explore that room wouldn't break the game in any way.

How long have you been playing the series for?

The beginning PS1 game. Never really bothered with it much until the 3DS game.

Less horror, but what do you expect? It's Capcom. they don't appeal to their fans anymore (unless it's Streefighter), just ask any Megaman fan. It's mass appeal or nothing, all the companies are heading that way. You just got to hope they add a bit of horror here and there, and since they did in RE:R, it's not out of there to expect some added here, especially with 4 campaigns focusing on different gameplay elements. The best you can hope for is an horror/action hybrid. Don't get me wrong; I don't say you'll get what you want, all I'm saying is "you'll get some of what you want". It's better than nothing. Oh, and RE fans got it bad? THINK OF THE POOR MEGAMAN FANS!

Yep downloading now.

Though tbh if it's the same demo as the one that's been around on the internet for ages (the one that Conan was playing etc...) which I think it is, I think I've already all the stuff from the only section worth playing; the Leon section.

No, it's THE SAME ONE, it even says it when you download it.

This game looks so bad it's painfully to my memories of the series...

Oh I must have misread it then, I thought it said, 'this is a different demo to the one included with Dragons Dogma'... and therefore informing people there was reason to download it. I thought the previous Demo had been the screen tearing E3 one?

Probably won't bother playing it then.

I've just played through the demo, really enjoyed it, day 1 purchase for me.

Also, I didn't get any screen tear like on some of the footage I've seen.

I've tried the demo on 720p and 1080p and there is no tearing, looks like they've sorted it.

I thought it was abysmal. They haven't ironed out any of the clunkiness that made Resi 5 so cumbersome, everything felt like a chore.

No, it's THE SAME ONE, it even says it when you download it.

This game looks so bad it's painfully to my memories of the series...

I dunno about the PS3 version but the 360 demo seems to be different. I've only played the Leon part and apart from the opening cutscene the rest is completely different.

I'm glad to see the tearing is gone as that really killed the game for me on the other demo.

Probably the dumbest question ever but if you don't ask...

What is screen tearing and why should I care about it?

If you've ever played Mirror's Edge, you should be quite familiar with it.

I have, but can't say I've ever noticed it :blush: