NEurope
Wesley

ARE YOU AT HOME THIS NEW YEAR?

So I was wondering, who here is at home this New Year?

When midnight hits and all.

And why?

Me, I am at home.

Why?

Because New Year is fucking stupid.

I've spent a couple of New Year's in my room and just ignored the fact that a new year has rolled in.

Last year I was out with friends because it was a good chance to see some old friends, one of which was fucking off to another country for a year.

But I've never really thought celebrating a new year is that great... kinda dumb.

Also I know it's a great chance to have a night-out, because... everywhere is open and everyone is out.

BUT.

Everywhere is packed and drinks are crazy expensive.

So...

I dunno.

Ive never really cared about New Years so yeah im just at home tonight. Will probably just be watching whatever years rundown shows they've put together.

Also do you guys feel there's some kind of social stigma towards shunning New Year?

When I've been with people and said, "Fuck Christmas" and all that, no one seems to care and most people agree.

But when it comes to New Year I've often been met with much the opposite.

Most people seem to think that if you're not doing something for it then you're a social freak.

Maybe it's just that people place more value in being cool and social than being with family or whatever.

I'm home. No real reason really, just didn't fancy going out :p so I'm not.

Maybe we could hook up?

I'm home, same as every year except when I had to work. The reason being I live in the middle of nowhere (can't get anywhere without car), and I don't drink (much) anyway. Therefore I see no reason to be anywhere but home. I think my dad wants to crack open a drink at midnight though. I will provide some "the world is gonna end this year!" jokes.

I'm home. No real reason really, just didn't fancy going out :p so I'm not.

Yeah, I wasn't asked to any parties, either.

Yeah, I wasn't asked to any parties, either.

I've just been invited to a party in Wesley's pants so you're on your own ;)

I've just been invited to a party in Wesley's pants so you're on your own ;)

Now there's one party that won't be awkward at all when you're looking for someone to kiss at midnight.

I'm in too. Drinks are too expensive, pubs are too packed (major pet hate) and taxis are double fare. I can drive but I want to get stocious if im making the effort to go out lol :p

I'm happy enough inside with my ginger beers and playing aoe I :3

Currently in my room but I think I will pop out and see what is anything is going on. I'm all by myself in the house anyway and I've got a little bit of hard Christmas cash in my wallet in need of spending. Worst case scenario - not much happens and I head home for a semi-reasonable night. Or I get drunkenly assaulted. Y'know, whatever.

I'm at home because going out is so mainstream.

Srsly though, this year we're making a thing of New Years Day instead of sleeping though it and waking up feeling like the world should have ended. I actually just baked a cake for family lunch tomorrow. It smells edible.

Why would I go out in the cold and wet to get ripped off for a few pints of beer and overpriced bar snacks that I don't really want?

I'd much rather be at home in the warm drinking a triple measure of single malt whisky accompanied by some all-butter shortbread...

... which is exactly what I'm doing so I'll drink to that! :smile:

Well I went out for a pack of biscuits. Was welcomed back to the sight of a drunk pissing on my door. Happy New Year.

I'll save my celebrations for when my housemates arrive back from Christmas land.

Hogmanay/New Year's has never meant much to me so I rarely do anything other than have a few quiet drinks at home with the headphones on, as I'm doing tonight. Friends did mention going out for a drink but the hastle of getting to Edinburgh or Dundee and then trying to sort out getting home in the morning (as I sure as hell wouldn't be paying for a taxi from either place) put me off.

Not fussed really, as the person I wanted to spend New Years with isn't in the country anyway. Just blitzed my 3 and a half hour 2011 playlist of music that I've discovered/rediscovered and that's more than enough company for now, and the family are getting together for a meal tomorrow, which I prefer anyway.

I'm at home mainly because my main group of chums I would go drinking with have gone to Latvia for new year because the beer is apparently cheaper. Just cannae be bothered this year, get the missus to bring round some b33r, some family have come round, there's a general consensus that we won't be watching any Alan Carr tonight so should be a nice evening.

Kinda wish I was at home/girlfriend's tonight - middle of no where so I wouldn't be annoyed by all the noise.

Even if you don't go out you still have to put up with all the noise.

*sticks headphones on*

I'd much rather be at home in the warm drinking a triple measure of single malt whisky accompanied by some all-butter shortbread...

Oooh treats!

I'm on my way round! ... Where are you, exactly?! :laughing:

I'm home too - just watched a film with family and had a takeout. Jools Holland is about to join the fun too shortly :D

Oooh treats!

I'm on my way round! ... Where are you, exactly?! :laughing:

I'm home too - just watched a film with family and had a takeout. Jools Holland is about to join the fun too shortly :D

Cornwall... you'd be most welcome if you were in the area. :)

Also Jools Holland = Win :D that's exactly what I'm about to settle down to watch as it has got to be one of the best ways to see the New Year in with style. ;)

I played Uncharted with Daft and Kayyay, the epic American.

I am now sitting at home on bed on netbook, sippin' on Schloer and j20. Can't touch this.