N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got through to the next round :) Tough luck to Zell, and to Peeps with the last minute winner, and I thought Haden was knocked out there... Would've been an upset.

Well, at least it was a close match.

As for youth players, I think I should reduce my spending. Having 5 stars seems to make no difference.

Yeah I recently cut all youth spending. Makes no difference whatsoever, worse youths than I was getting previously actually. Gonna hope for a decent youth and if not, use the millions I was spending on youth for buying new players.

Some good games there, no real big shocks although I thought Inter was in trouble for a while!

Took the time to watch the games live which was fun. I think my fave was Recall-Cube that was insane to watch with all the disallowed goals.

Although Seahawks Peeps was also ridiculous, Peeps was so close to going through.

Did anyone want to share the Cup reports with me? 4 each?

As for youth players, I think I should reduce my spending. Having 5 stars seems to make no difference.

Agreed. I'm on 4 stars and still getting the same sort of youths as I was before the change. It just seems that some teams get good youths far more regularly than other.

Round 2: The Last 16 Survivors!

The Comerade Co-op

Bubbles FC

Recall United

Seahawks FC

Bayern Bru

Mcoys Sons

Eights United

Intergalactico Stars

Leeds.M.O.T

Silverdale Hotpot

The Sixty-Fourthers

Dragooooo

Madpool

Essex Elites

DuDs Baggies

Haden United

Draw for this round is at 7pm Sunday 26th February hosted by Jimbob, so join us in the NE chatroom and in the livestream for the excitement! Even if you got knocked out come in and back your new fave team! do you have a perma link for your stream Jimbob or is it created when you start the stream?

Edited by Haden

Nice victory for me today, 3-1 at home against Winston Gardens.

Should've been 4 if it wasn't a goal chopped off for a 'doubtful offside'!

Caught by my fiendish offside trap.

Was pretty pleased with my performance, away against a monster like the Bru it was nice to nab a goal and keep down the chances - especially given my keeper was lightly injured and on 2 bars of form... don't think a single save was made, i was anticipating a horrific scoreline.. anyway. Good game!

Shame to bow out so early but positives to be taken! Hopeful for next season, shame it's a while away now...

Dan I'd suggest play a couple of friendlies against similarly levelled opponents to increase your player teamwork ratings a bit. Don't play bully teams like Bruce. Ill handle them.

Narrowingly lost to pool with a weak team fielded so if it came down to a real match I feel I can win. I fear Haden's squad though :(

Some good games there, no real big shocks although I thought Inter was in trouble for a while!

Took the time to watch the games live which was fun. I think my fave was Recall-Cube that was insane to watch with all the disallowed goals.

Although Seahawks Peeps was also ridiculous, Peeps was so close to going through.

Did anyone want to share the Cup reports with me? 4 each?

I will share the reports with you, unless you wanted to take them on yourself :p

I'm surprised with my result today. I wasn't expecting much in the first place as I was away to Seahawks and I don't tend to do very well when I'm away from home. On top of that my player's form levels were shocking after the change report but my team actually played amazingly well and I took advantage of Seahawk's weakened midfield. Unfortunately it's becoming standard for me to concede goals in the final minutes of the game... so close! We both had 3 chances in the first half and 4 in the second too!

So yeah I'm disappointed with the loss but I'm very proud of my team and if they can do this well on poor form, I can't wait to see them at their best.

Edited by The Peeps

N-Euro Middle League Round Eighteen

Six teams fight it out in the middle while the remaining four?s fates are already sealed.

****Real Peeps 0-1 Recall United***

It was a tense first half as neither team gave way to the other. The second half began and after 11 minutes, Rex Hollingdale is forced to leave the pitch due to injuries in what was his last official game for Recall United. In the 66th minute, Daniil Koval of Recall United was also stretchered off and just 2 minutes later, Cal Dewell of Real Peeps had to be replaced as well. Up to this point there had been no goals but Recall were creating more chances and in the 71st minute, Wesley Kay scores for Recall United!

****Leeds M.O.T 6-1 Emo Blades**

Leeds? offence was ridiculous in this game. The crowd could barely keep up as their players were firing shot after shot at Emo Blades? keeper. The first goal came in the 19th minute when Viquardinho Berger scored from a shot in the penalty area. In the 24th minute Berger scored again, followed by a goal from Ionut Codrin 10 minutes later. The first half was nearly over but not before Berger managed to get a third goal at 41 minutes and just 10 seconds before the whistle blew, Jonny Howson scores from a long range shot. The second half was more tame as Leeds had easily assured themselves the final promotion spot but in the 79th minute, Dylan Haag scores Leeds? last goal of the season. In the 81st minute, Gavin Murty gets the only shot on goal all game for Emo Blades and easily scores from a header while the keeper was eating cake, waving a Leeds M.O.T flag and singing ?We Are The Champions? by Queen.

****Happenstance FC 5-0 Dysonian Wanderers**

With four points separating them from their closest opponents, Happenstance FC were already guaranteed 2nd place but they still put everything they had into their last game of the season. Happenstance had the most chances of anyone in this round (Leeds were second with 10) but still weren?t the highest scorers even with 5 goals against Wanderers. Unlike Leeds, most of Happenstance?s goals came in the second half but Maurice Melton was first to score with a shot in the penalty area in the 34th minute. The next goal came at 52 minutes in from another shot in the penalty area, this time from Godfrey Pascoe. Pascoe then set up the next two goals, one for Dean Gregor in the 56th minute and another for Miodrag Panic in the 74th. Finally Pascoe ended the game with a final goal, a header from a cross in the 89th minute.

***Mcoys Sons 3-3 Cubic County***

The final game of the season and it was County?s last chance to win a game. Unfortunately for them, they were up against Mcoys Sons. Somewhat surprisingly, Cubic County had the best track record against Mcoy this season as they drew both games against each other. Mcoys Sons took an early lead in this game as Niles Alvarado scores from a header after a corner in the 8th minute. County were unphased by this and in the 23rd minute got their own back as Lee Patton also scores from a header after a corner. Not to be outdone, Vince Rawle gets another goal for Mcoys Sons in the 29th minute but Cubic County were first to score in the second half as Paddy Gould equalises in the 53rd minute. In the 78th minute Nicholas McGuire puts Mcoys Sons back in the lead and the crowd watched with baited breath as the final minutes counted down. In the 89th minute ?mile Maupas takes a corner for Cubic County and the ball flies high into the air. A mass of players jumped for it but it reached the golden locks of Theo Woozley who headed it into the goal for Cubic County. They may be going down, but they went in style.

****Intergalactico Stars 2-1 Seahawks FC*****

Seahawks had the tactical edge in this game but their players just weren?t up to the challenge. Seahawks were playing to their usual ferocious standard in the first half and created more chances than Intergalactico. In the 34th minute, Seahawks were the first to score from a header by Cappi Lucci. Towards the end of the first half, Seahawks? players were beginning to show signs of fatigue and Intergalactico were showing no signs of slowing down. Intergalactico kept up their offence in the second half of the game, getting 4 more attempts on goal whereas Seahawks could only muster one. In the 66th minute Eddie Guerrero equalises by scoring from a freekick and it looked like Seahawks would at least manage a draw as their keeper, Uwe Schober continued to make great saves. However, in the 83rd minute, Sergio Ramos crosses the ball to Mark Undertaker who headed it straight into the net to put Intergalactico ahead.

Most Important Result: Leeds M.O.T 6-1 Emo Blades, if this result had gone the other way it would have been Real Peeps going down and Intergalactico going up.

Stylish Play: Happenstance FC, they may not have had the most goals this round but they created the most chances and had the best result by not conceding any goals or even allowing their opponents to create a single opportunity to score. Their team ratings and teamwork values were very nearly maxed out in their game against Dysonian Wanderers.

Best Player: Marvin Townshend, Leeds M.O.T, Viquardinho Berger may well have scored a hat trick as well as assisting in another goal in their game against Emo Blades but Marvin Townshend set up four goals for his team mates rather than try to score on his own. This 18-6 striker has proven to be a real team player and a valuable asset for Leeds M.O.T.

x11d18.png

(Cubic County and Dysonian Wanderers are not featured but have been in 9th and 10th for the last 10 rounds)

Somewhat anticlimactically, the three teams vying for third place all won their games and the three teams trying to escape relegation all lost. So there was absolutely no change across the table for the first time this season.

x11r18.png

So the Middle League says goodbye to:

Mcoys Sons:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 20 (before that, season 13).

-Most time spent in: Elite League (6 seasons ? consecutive)

Happenstance FC:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 20 (fell from the elite league at the end of season 17)

-Most time spent in: Elite League (10 seasons ? accumulative)

Leeds M.O.T:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 19 (promoted to the elite league and returned in season 21)

-Most time spent in: Middle league (3 seasons ? accumulative)

Emo Blades:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 19 (relegated to the lower league and returned in season 21)

-Most time spent in: Middle league (13 seasons ? accumulative)

Dysonian Wanderers:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 12 (fell from the elite league and returned there for season 13)

-Most time spent in: Elite League (17 seasons ? accumulative)

-Has never set foot in the lower league before

Cubic County:

-Last seen in the middle league: Season 19 (relegated to lower league and returned in season 21)

-Most time spent in: Middle league (12 seasons ? accumulative)

Returning next season:

Intergalactico Stars, Recall United, Real Peeps and Seahawks.

Relegated from the elite league:

Roostophe Rovers, The Sixty-Fourthers and Rising Phoenix.

Promoted from the lower league:

The Comerade Co-op, Winston Gardens FC and Aqui1a All Stars.

@uəʌəsʎɐɾ @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

I will share the reports with you, unless you wanted to take them on yourself :p

I'm surprised with my result today. I wasn't expecting much in the first place as I was away to Seahawks and I don't tend to do very well when I'm away from home. On top of that my player's form levels were shocking after the change report but my team actually played amazingly well and I took advantage of Seahawk's weakened midfield. Unfortunately it's becoming standard for me to concede goals in the final minutes of the game... so close! We both had 3 chances in the first half and 4 in the second too!

So yeah I'm disappointed with the loss but I'm very proud of my team and if they can do this well on poor form, I can't wait to see them at their best.

Did you want to do these guys?

The Comerade Co-op vs Aqui1a All Stars

Bubbles FC vs Yellow Submarine

Recall United vs Cubic County

Seahawks FC vs Real Peeps

And I will report on the other 4. Thanks your reports have been amazing.

Round 1 Cup reports!

Bayern Bru 3-1 Winston Gardens

Bru went into this first round cup tie as the clear favorites against up and comers Winston Gardens. Bru played a balanced 4-4-2 formation against Gardens who looked to dominate midfield with a 4-5-1 formation. Bru got off to a super start as Helder whipped in a cross for Lindpere to emphatically head home on 7 minutes. Bru were in control of the game but a Gardens attack led to a shock equalizer as Crane lobbed a ball into the box for Meena to head in. Bru fans seemed nervous as it approached half time with the game tied. Another header this time from Lafferty nodded the ball in off the post for his first ever goal. Both managers freshened their teams up with substitutions but it was super sub Rundberg who made the difference with a fine solo run ending with him beating Gardens keeper one on one. Bru were in control of the match till the end and closed out the game in style. Gardens acquitted themselves well and should be proud of this game. Bru go onto the next round and should be regarded as a top team to look for in the final stages.

Mcoys Sons 0-0 Happenstance FC

The Sons and Happenstance lined up in what has to be the most star studded of all the 1st round ties. The two promoted sides lined up with the Sons playing an aggressive 3-5-2 formation against Happenstance possession orientated 4-5-1 set up. Sadly the game failed to deliver, both teams canceled each other out in midfield creating 4 chances between them. The attack was insufficient from either side to beat well prepared defenses. In the end it will be Mcoy who goes through as his side created 3 chances against Happenstance who made 1. Expect a better rematch next season in the top league.

Coloccini FC 1-2 Intergalatico Stars

Coloccini lined up for the very first time against Inter in a game that had a great cup atmosphere. New side Coloccini had a balanced 4-4-2 line up against Inter who also went with 4-4-2. It was action a plenty in the first half as both sides had chances at goal and then with 3 minutes to go before half time Haslop rocketed home a free kick for the home side. The home fans went delirious with joy, the manager seemed calm but elated in side. The Inter manager boded his time but brought on Slick and Volkoff as Coloccini refused to be broken down in the 2nd half. On the 74th minute this paid off as Undertaker set up Volkoff for a curling shot that crept into the top right hand corner of the goal. 3 minutes later Slick lobbed a ball in for Undertaker to head home to make it 2-1. Coloccini pressed on but by this stage Inters class was showing. The final whistle blew and Collocinis fans gave their team and manager a standing ovation. Inter progress but not without a scare, they have the smarts to go far.

Eights United 3-1 Rising Phoenix

Eights United faced former top league rival Rising Phoenix in the first round of the cup. Both teams went with an attacking 3-5-2 formation but from the offset United were in control of the game. After 4 minutes Yusri had gained the lead from a blistering shot that went in off the post. Capwell made it 2-0 with a looping header and then scored another before half time to make it 3-0. Phoenix came back into it in the 2nd half but only netted a consolation goal via a grounded long range shot from Parsons. United march on and will be a team most other sides will hope to avoid in the last 16 draw.

Draw for next round is 7pm tonight!!!

Chatroom here

Video stream here

Cup table here

I'm probably gonna be missing the draw later so can you copy the transcript again Haden, was pretty hilarious last time!?

Will do it will also be recorded this time so that should be great! But try and make it people as it should be sick! :D