NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Good news, one of my players has been named best player of the series. You may know him as my bargain of a century back a few seasons ago, where i bought him for 3 million econ and he became worth over 9 million econ.

6 increases in form, only 3 decreases overall. Not a bad season overall. Now then, need to invest in the youth or put an offer in the transfers for some new players.

And, @Cube. You'll just have to wait and see what i got in store.

Well, if that occurs then fair enough you were the better side that day. You may have a good chance, one of my best players retired and i got another retiring at the end of the season as well.

I'm quite miffed about my change report....

3 players who raised last season got 16 dv or above this season and didn't visibly change. Another who raised last season was on 13 this season but no visible change and one of my forwards was on 13 last season with no change and 11 this season with still no change :(

Worst of all, Horace Biggins (goalkeeper) raised last season on 15 dv and I got him to 10 dv this season and he visibly decreased in skill. It says in the xpert rules or wherever that 10 or above will raise your player's skill. So how did he decrease!!?

On the other end of the scale, Ernst Heinzmann was only on 10 but he raised +1

change.png

Only 3 players went down but I was expecting them to. Only one visible decrease and it's on a player I'm going to sack anyway :p It's annoying I didn't get as many visible changes as I think I should have but I need to remember that they still raised in skill and are near enough one skill point up as makes no difference.

Wow, just checked the stats and it says I'm the fourth strongest of all 30 teams. If that's true, that's a big jump. Started this season as 9th weakest in the upper league. Also number 1 most valuable team, but I think that updates later so it doesn't reflect the change report yet.

Edited by Tales

Hzpbb.jpg

My change report. Not so bad, most of the important youths went up, and the best defender stayed constant. The bottom two youths there are getting fired, however.

Tales, who is recorded as strongest in our league? Haden?

You are 2nd and will be first soon as I am selling one of my best players I think. Oddy is 3rd.

You are 2nd and will be first soon as I am selling one of my best players I think. Oddy is 3rd.

Fancy pasting the list here?

--

My first ever change report!!

n4fujr.png

Oops... bit too preoccupied with getting promoted I reckon.. should probably have done a Dud / flink and stayed in the lowers for another season.

Pretty annoyed none of my central 3 midfielders jumped, considering they played every game and were all on about 13 or something. Urgh. Still, couple of jumps where I wanted them, defence is okayish...

Don't reckon I've too much hope of staying up next season now, ah well, live and learn...

Also, keeper and defender out for tomorrow, will be very lucky if I escape without losing in double figures!

Fancy pasting the list here?

--

My first ever change report!!

n4fujr.png

Oops... bit too preoccupied with getting promoted I reckon.. should probably have done a Dud / flink and stayed in the lowers for another season.

Pretty annoyed none of my central 3 midfielders jumped, considering they played every game and were all on about 13 or something. Urgh. Still, couple of jumps where I wanted them, defence is okayish...

Don't reckon I've too much hope of staying up next season now, ah well, live and learn...

Also, keeper and defender out for tomorrow, will be very lucky if I escape without losing in double figures!

You've got a decent squad report for a first season, apart from your striker. Get a new youth striker I think.

You know you can choose what youth you want coming through right? (Go to youth academy and select).

Most teams get one the day after a change report.

Can somebody awesome post up the strongest team list for us who don't have VIP. :)

Top 20 Strongest Teams...

1 Haden United

2 Essex Elites

3 Battlestar Odwinica

4 Eights United

5 Dysonian Wanderers, Madpool

7 Silverdale Hotpot

8 Mcoys Sons

9 Bayern Bru

10 Roostophe Rovers

11 Happenstance FC

12 The Sixty-Fourthers

13 Rising Phoenix, Cubic County

15 Emo Blades

16 AFC ReZs Rabies

17 Intergalactico Stars

18 Leeds.M.O.T

19 Seahawks FC, Recall United

Top 20 Best Coaches

1 Essex Elites (Ellmeister)

2 Intergalactico Stars (Nikos9)

3 Madpool (MadDog91UK)

4 DuDs Baggies (DuuD)

5 Aqui1a All Stars (Aqui1a)

6 Eights United (Tales)

7 Real Peeps (The_Peeps)

8 Haden United (Haden)

9 Mcoys Sons (BrianMcoy)

10 Leeds.M.O.T (Lucas3693)

11 Roostophe Rovers (Roostophe)

12 Bubbles FC (Heroicjanitor)

13 Silverdale Hotpot (Rowan146)

14 Dragooooo (Fierce_LiNk)

15 Seahawks FC (Matt_pullen)

16 The Comerade Co-op (Grantspinks)

17 Rising Phoenix (Chris33553)

18 Battlestar Odwinica (PikePikePikePike)

19 The Sixty-Fourthers (Gaggle64)

20 Winston Gardens FC (Danlikestrees)

Thought my change report was ok. I had two players who lost visible skill, which are two duff players that I don't play and am looking to offload. One is a goalkeeper which I have never played, and don't really want to blood a new keeper at the moment.

Annoyingly, it says that my best defender has a minus sign, yet he had 10 DV. The one I was worried about losing. Annoyed at that.

Aside from that, the rest of the team had a plus sign. Skill increase of 11, think 8 or so are visible changes. Gutted that my 18-4 (19-4) defender didn't get an increase when he has something like 14 or 15 dv. Aw well. Should go up next season.

Second and first place. Rooster was right, I'm clearly not deserving of those awards :blank:

I know this is a bit rude asking but if anyone has the time, could they do one of those epic write-ups about teams in the cup and their odds. Like what Peeps, Haden and Madpool have done before for leagues? I think it would be pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't have the time!

Just a little suggestion :)

I don't think any of us could match Peep's epic writeups. I think someone is doing a writeup for the cup, don't quote me on that though.

I am going to do match reports. I could try and fit in a epic write up before noon today as I have been struck down by a sickness bug and wont be going in to uni.

As long as looking at Brus squad page doesn't cause me to be sick.

Oh btw guys check out my new goalie. Hell yeh! In all my years (5 years) of playing I honestly don't think I have ever had a goalie with any goalie skills. Loving it.

I am going to do match reports. I could try and fit in a epic write up before noon today as I have been struck down by a sickness bug and wont be going in to uni.

As long as looking at Brus squad page doesn't cause me to be sick.

Oh btw guys check out my new goalie. Hell yeh! In all my years (5 years) of playing I honestly don't think I have ever had a goalie with any goalie skills. Loving it.

Awesome one to come through the youth system...i'd have had to work on mine for three seasons before he gets to Rosa's level and there you go getting one like that instantly, lol! On the plus side, i've made a bit of a steal in the transfer market last night by buying a 17-4 youth defender with speed for 1,000,000 econ cheaper than his estimated value! Love a bit of wealin' & dealin'! :P

Round 1

Cup Report Preview

The Comerade Co-op

The Co-op had a superb season, winning the lower league by a clear 4 points and helping Legacy pick up the Alliance trophy. They are still a side that are growing, with lots of veteran talent supplementing their youth. Bazhenov is their rock at the back in goal and is a clear leader in their team. They have a vast number of free kick specalists and are a side that should not be taken lightly. A last 8 finish is well within their capabilities. (14/1)

vs

Aqui1a All Stars

The All Stars got promoted this season and will be looking to build on this with a solid cup run. They enjoy a good defense with a midfield that are one of the more creative in the lower league. Their talisman Marino is retiring at the end of this season, Page and Fogden will look to fill his very big shoes. All Stars attack does not seem quite as full of talent but if they win some midfield battles they may be a dark horse in this tournament. (22/1)

The money is on Co-op in this one, they have the talent to edge All Stars out. However All Stars have beaten Co-op 2 times drawn once and lost once. It is significant to note that All Stars have never won a game at Co-ops home stadium.

Bubbles FC

Bubbles are a team with middle league experience, who many tipped to go straight back up to the middle league this season. They seem to be playing a more long term game, finishing 5th this season but having some very promising youth. Azizpoot and Sundholm keep things safe at the back while 7 star youth provide pace in multiple areas. A better team than you would assume from their standing. (15/1)

vs

Yellow Submarine

Yellow Submarine are a new team managed by Zell, they have started with a talented pool of players who will be raring to show their new manager what they are made of. Beasley and Ling look to be a great pair up front and Lilywhite is a player who is capable of controlling a midfield battle. Minnows yes, but strange things happen in cups. (30/1)

The obvious money is on Bubbles, they have the experience and are at home. They have however finished a long season and Yellow Submarine will be very excited to debut. An interesting one to watch.

Recall United

A side that has rediscovered their form in recent seasons staying in the middle league this season, however they also lost their hero Hollingdale. However with the manager emphasizing a youth drive maybe a new era in Uniteds history could be upon us? Their strength is clearly in defense with Whiteside heading a good collection of defenders. However their midfield is now quite vulnerable and could be exposed. The manager will need to be tactically astute to advance.(14-1)

vs

Cubic County

Endured a horrible season where they failed to win a game and finished dead last in the middle league. They have quite a large squad whose talent lies in their midfield with a large collection of players who are ready to fill Maupas's shoes when he retires at the end of this season. A win psychologically would be great for them next season. Do the players have the belief? (19-1)

The obvious choice is Recall, however looking at things closer it is not so clear cut. The last game they played was at home for Recall and was a 1-1 draw. Two games before that Cube won (albeit at home), the departure of Hollingdale shows a clear tactical advantage in the midfield battle for Cube. This one is to close to call.

Seahawks FC

Seahakws stabilized their position in the middle league after another close finish that nearly saw relegation. They have talent in all areas but a very oddly balanced squad. With 6 forwards and 4 midfielders (one of whom is retiring) Seahawks laughs in the face of managerial traditions. Their manager has talent and in a cup environment may thrive. (14-1)

vs

Real Peeps

Peeps fans have no nails left after another reprieve from relegation to the lower league this season. A team that has an eye on the future has showed they can also scrap it out when they need to. Heinzmann their cool and collected midfielder provides leadership and class in midfield, while Biggins has proved to be a safe pair of hands at the back. They would love to have a cup run to show their critics that they have what it takes to make it in the middle league. (14-1)

It is the battle of the teams whose fans have no hair left through worry! Recent form would suggest Seahawks will edge this one, Peeps have never scored against Seahakws and have lost both away games to them. Both teams will want to prove something but I see Seahawks winning this unless Peeps can overwhelm them in midfield.

Bayern Bru

Bru finished 7th in the top league this season but don't let that fool you, their manager contracted malaria for half the season and was not able to manage his team for some of the season. He is also undertaking a youth project to rejuvenate his side. A youthful midfield led by Helder is the managers pride and joy. They are superb in defense and threatening up front, a clear contender. (5-1)

vs

Winston Gardens FC

Gardens are a new side that leapt to 2nd place in their first season gaining automatic promotion to the middle league! Stuart secures their defensive lines while Rosebotham provides them with ideas and goals in midfield. They are a side that can soak up pressure and hit teams on the break with a quick attack. Progressing past the first round may be mission impossible but they will be competitive.

Obviously Bru are going to go into this game as dead favorites. Gardens need a break to get anywhere in this game, a red card, penalty, injury something to turn the game in their favor. Without that this is Bru's to lose.

Mcoys Sons

Mcoy are back after being screwed out of promotion last season, they won the league this time around to ensure they would go up. Nearly going unbeaten all season was a great achievement. They have a sqaud that has big name veterans as well as youths in it. Heckingbottom, Gaye and Rufus are terrifying names for any other manager to see playing them. A cup win would be a statement of intent as they entered the top league. (5-1)

vs

Happenstance FC

Happenstance enjoyed a renaissance this season with their team gaining 2nd place in the middle league and once again coming to the top league. They have an aging squad that has huge star potential such as Pascoe and Carling. However new super talents such as Dibbler will want to make their mark. They might not quite have the depth of the top tier teams but they are a powerhouse none the less. A 2nd tier favorite for the league. (7-1)

While only one position separates them Happenstance have an awful record against Mcoy. The last 4 times Mcoy hosted Happenstance they beat them 5-0,2-0,2-0,5-0. Happenstance have not beaten Mcoy in over a year. However Happenstance will want to prove with them both being promoted that they are Mcoys equal if not superior. An exciting match between the two promotees.

Eights United

Progress is the word that springs to mind when you think of Eights United. A small squad run under the careful watch of their manager they have solidified themselves as a top tier squad. They have youth talents in every department and stars like Fjellbekk to provide a cutting edge. A surprising depth for such a small squad, this could be their moment. (5-1)

vs

Rising Phoenix

Finished last after their first foray into the top league, they caused a few upsets but lacked the talent to keep in the top league. Their main strength is their talented defense and goalkeeper Jerimo, they are often able to grind away at a team and keep them at bay. However even with veteran striker Bolam their forwards need more development. They should be watched with interest to make an appearance in the last 8 if they can get past this first game. (11-1)

This may be a case of Rising Phoenix retreating into their bunker and hitting on the counter attack. Eights should be able ease through although it is interesting to note Eights have failed to beat Phoenix at home in their last two attempts their may be more to this tie than meets the eye.

Coloccini FC

Another new side! Coloccini FC are raring to start their season with a win in the cup as their new set of players get ready for their first outing. Wheatman and Rowley are good central defenders and Arkwright has the legs to help in midfield for the whole game. They are at home and their fans can't wait to show support for their new team! (30-1)

vs

Intergalactico Stars

Inter are a side that many thought would return to the top league but stayed in the middle league much to the upset of other middle league sides. They have a stellar selection of players, Fu a true leader in defense, Zidane a legend in midfield, Hogan a multitalented attacker. Attack is the one area where the Stars fail to shine maybe quite as brightly. But their manager is one of the best in any league and depending on the draw Inter may be a safe bet to make it to the semis or beyond. (8-1)

This should be Stars to lose, they have an advantage in every area of the pitch and a manager who knows how to get the job done. Coloccini FC are at home however and will be well up for this game. A cup upset may not be the most unlikely scenario!

The other teams will be done when the next draw is made.

Good luck everyone!

Awesome one to come through the youth system...i'd have had to work on mine for three seasons before he gets to Rosa's level and there you go getting one like that instantly, lol! On the plus side, i've made a bit of a steal in the transfer market last night by buying a 17-4 youth defender with speed for 1,000,000 econ cheaper than his estimated value! Love a bit of wealin' & dealin'! :P

lol yeh was well pleased. I tried to get a 17 4 but got outbidded last night. Settled for a 19 5 mf instead.

Talking of 17 4s Leeds got one for under 200k, wtf...

Yeah, you are correct with my weaker midfield. I have replaced the legendary Hollingdale with a 20-5 midfielder i snagged for 47,000 econ last night, hopefully he'll show the potential and help us with todays game.

Nice match analysis :)

Bought myself a 17-4 for 200k myself too a long time ago. He was advertised as 17-3. I didn't evaluate him so it was a nice surprise.

The best youth experience wasn't the transfer market though, but the YA that gave me two 17-4 and a 20-6 in 8 days :p They are still on my team, more awesome than ever.

As for bidding, I want to switch out my oldie defender, as I want him to be on level with the younger ones(so 10) otherwise I will never use him and that cuts the average age. If I can get him cheap and I still have money left, I'll see if I can get a 17-4 defender, assuming the transfer market doesn't give me one. Got one last season, but it was too late in the season so I sold him. The oldie got seriously injured too so it was hard too use him without seriously lowering the average age.

Next season I might get a new youth for the strikers, and selling Hilmo. 4 increases in 9 years ain't good enough...

Nice victory for me today, 3-1 at home against Winston Gardens.

Should've been 4 if it wasn't a goal chopped off for a 'doubtful offside'!

Won 3-2 against Cube today, my new midfielder scored on his debut as well and assisted the 2nd goal as well. I think i got a bargain here, like Whiteside before.

Still looking at youthing the midfield more, got 1 more midfielder leaving at the end of the season.