N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

Gah, lost 3-2 against Sixty Fourthers today. If only i had a stronger midfield, then i reckon i may have had that. Still, did better than i initially thought.

As for the cup draw, i can't get an early finish tomorrow. I know it is short notice, but i can do a draw tonight @ 9pm or Thursday @ 9pm, Wednesday is potentially off the cards as it were. Unless, everyone presses "Pause" for 10 minutes during the friendly, then i can fit it in around 8:45pm then.

I'll let you decide, and i'll check back later.

Nikos9 "The Giant Killer" votes do the draw tonight, gives everyone more time to prepare as it got pretty tight with a few of the teams sending the invites last minute for the round just gone.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 1 vote for a draw tonight.

As for those now out of the cup, i vote friendlies for them. Send out those invites if you want a friendly with someone NOT in the cup.

Edit: Sent an invite out earlier. I also got rid of a 36-6 and replaced with an 18-3, needs developing into greatness i think.

Edited by Jimbob

We could reboot the league. Everyone could start again from the same level.

Easier said then done. Mcoy would go along with it if everyone else would. Mcoy doubts everyone is going to want to wipe and start over with 0 econ and no players. Especially after building up their squads for several seasons ;)

Mcoy thinks it could be an interesting switch up so long as our current numbers stay active, otherwise we'd just end up in the same situation after 3/5 seasons with the top league being a massive step ahead.

We could reboot the league. Everyone could start again from the same level.

I said that a while ago. The thing is, we have new players who are just getting into it aand are a few seasons old and others who have been building teams for years who wouldn't want to get rid of them.

I think it would be really interesting to do, especially if we said we'd do it in X time. Perhaps for the start of season 25.

Well done, McCoy. You won this time, but the Dragooooonians can hold their heads up high. 3-0 against a slightly better (lol) opposition is no shame.

Also, the idea of starting over from scratch...fuck that. I'm still building this squad. Spent a lot of time and effort already and have had nothing to show for it. Yet. If we're going to reset, then we need to decide soon...because I'm not going to put in the effort to develop my squad this season if we're just going to start again anyway.

Even though i've been here for a few seasons, i'm not what you call a "great" manager with a good team. I'm not really for or against starting from scratch, more against it really. I understand the concept, but some of the seasoned gamers will know what to do and will have a great team lined up before you know it. I for one do like my current team, and i'm not really for losing it and starting again.

Actually, how do you start with a new team?

I'm going to be in the lowest league anyway and feel like a fresh start. As the rest of the cup is on it seems as good a time as any to do so.

Resign from current team, think of a new name and apply to join the league i guess. Or sell all yer players and get cheap from the transfers, depends on your choice.

Edited by Jimbob

Yeah, i vote against complete reset too...i've spent too long developing a team ready to break into the top league for that to all be in vein now. If people that have been around for years want to restart their own squads cos they're getting bored/ have done it all now/ want a new challenge then that's fine, no problemo...but we shouldn't make everyone do it!

Yeah, i vote against complete reset too...i've spent too long developing a team ready to break into the top league for that to all be in vein now. If people that have been around for years want to restart their own squads cos they're getting bored/ have done it all now/ want a new challenge then that's fine, no problemo...but we shouldn't make everyone do it!

I agree, and i'm one who doesn't particulary want to start a new team from scratch either. But i'm not against other people doing this though.

I'm managing a completely different team called DuDs Baggies again, so i assume so

I like the idea of everybody starting together from scratch, but i've only put in 2 seasons work since i've been back so far and i'd be reluctant to lose even that.

If people wanted a new challenge what about a new league where everyone starts from scratch together?

Downsides i can see would be that only VIPs could take part (i think.. due to private team limits), and people could lose interest in either the original league or the new league as for many this would be their 3rd team.

Just throwing it out there as an option?