Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Starship Troopers Remake

Retro_Link

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?

Starship Troopers Getting a Remake

Nothing is sacred.

starshiptroopersremake_1322848397.jpg

Producer Neal Moritz -- one of the Hollywood minds behind films like Stealth, The Fast and the Furious and I Am Legend -- has decided to reboot the Starship Troopers franchise for some reason.

According to The Playlist, Moritz has hired Thor and X-Men: First Class writers Edward Miller and Zack Stentz to pen a new version of Paul Verhoeven's satirical sci-fi actioner.

The original film, which barely broke even at the box office back in '97, garnered a cult following on DVD many years after its release, spawning two direct-to-video sequels.

The first film is unique and amazing for what it is!

I can only see a remake being made more serious?... and if that's what you're after... then watch Pitch Black!

Next up... Men In Black remake?... Matrix remake?... Lord of the Rings remake? :p

One part of me hates the idea, the first one had everything. Sci-fi, alien creatures, boobs, guns, space, boobs, blood, metal limbs, did I mention boobs?

And then another part of me thinks it could work, a step away from the cheesiness and serious story could be fun. But then it might as well be a different film altogether.

I really hate hollywood sometimes.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?

The first film is unique and amazing for what it is!

I can only see a remake being made more serious?... and if that's what you're after... then watch Pitch Black!

Next up... Men In Black remake?... Matrix remake?... Lord of the Rings remake? :p

Well, that depends... fans of the book always felt it deserved a remake since the movie essentially makes fun of that which the book defends.

I personally think a remake for this one makes a lot of sense... but considering the people behind it, I expect it to be much worst than the original...

Paul Verhoeven made Showgirls.

And is therefore a cinematic icon and one of the most important people in my life. No one should touch one of his masterpieces.

tumblr_lsj2ihBn8c1qar5wxo1_500.gif

iconic

showgirls.gif

vengeful

tumblr_lin3qdUsAM1qaodtzo1_500.gif

scary

all this and more

The boobs weren't big enough I think. Denise Richards needed to get hers out.

It’s really comments like these that make women insecure and to things like this:

Seriously though. Googled her because of this thread, and quickly found that video.. Didn’t know she was in Nip/Tuck. At the time of the film’s release, I more had a thing for Denise Richards, but now.. Dina all the way. Don’t care about smaller boobs, she had a much prettier face (ooh and the red hair..) ;). Anyway, as for Denise Richards’ boobs, I’m sure I don’t have to mention Wild things.

Do I want a reboot? I don’t know actually. I liked the original, never seen the sequels.. It’s a simple sci-fi action film.. It could really benefit from a reboot. Better explosions, better aliens, more recent eye-candy.. Sure why not. I mean, Batman got a reboot, nobody complaining about that.

....There's a book?

Are people not aware of this??

Yeah... it's like a fascist manifest in literary form. Which is why many of the book's fans hated the movie, since it's pretty much an allegory on fascism and it ridiculizes the whole thing.

To all people who think it's simple, you really need to think about the political subtext...

Most of Verhoeven's films are very politically charged, albeit in the background... I mean, think about it... Robocop, Total Recall, Flesh & Blood, Basic Instinct, Black Book, Turkish Delight, Soldier of Orange... the man's got a sharp tooth when it comes to politics!