N-Europe

Black Mirror

Hamishmash

tumblr_lvt3cuHMBt1r5ejtko1_500.png

Well I was blown away.

Charlie Brooker's three twisted tales, mini-horrors of the twitter-age began on Sunday with "The National Anthem". Telling you what it is about would spoil the surprises but basically... it is a dark, sick and bizarre but utterly believable story about the Prime Minister being ransomed via YouTube.

Watch on 4oD - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror

I almost cried at the end. And as always with Brooker, there are many laughs, but the thing you think you'll laugh at ends up being genuinely depressing.

I'd been waiting for this for a good while, and it delivered. It's quite amazing how such a twisted concept that could easily be deemed a sick joke when looking at it on paper actually made for gripping drama and prompted a lot of thinking throughout the duration.

It was never outright funny, but that's exactly why it worked so well, the humour was born out of desperation rather than finger-pointing. Superb. 'A Million Merits' sounds mighty fine as well.

Edited by dwarf

This one was cool in it's own way..very different to the first, which is a good sign.

I really like the premise of this series.

Also, HEY JULIA DAVIS. I hate when she only does bit parts, as it's never representative of her comedy genius.

This one was cool in it's own way..very different to the first, which is a good sign.

I really like the premise of this series.

Also, HEY JULIA DAVIS. I hate when she only does bit parts, as it's never representative of her comedy genius.

The fact Lizzie and Sarah never got a full commission is a crime. Fantastic pilot episode... but way too ahead of its time.