N-Europe

Cleaning keyboard

EEVILMURRAY

Lift all the bottom keys (CTRL to CTRL), give it a good shake out as such. If the E key is getting stuck, may be worth lifting that out and taking a look. Thats what i do when i clean out the keyboard.

Oh, and make sure a picture is taken before the key removal begins. Just so you can put the keys back in the correct order.

I personally just pop them up with a knife then punch them back in with a hard press, don't think I've ever managed to break one. You could always take the actual keyboard apart too if you're feeling really finickity, but it's a little more of a pain putting back together iirc. Also not too viable if it's a laptop(tho some keyboards can be removed with relative ease).

I personally just pop them up with a knife then punch them back in with a hard press, don't think I've ever managed to break one. You could always take the actual keyboard apart too if you're feeling really finickity, but it's a little more of a pain putting back together iirc. Also not too viable if it's a laptop(tho some keyboards can be removed with relative ease).

Pretty much what I do, works wonders.

I know this sounds a bit daft, but I found a toothbrush (an old one.) works pretty well for getting crap between the keyboard without the need to go and get compressed air if it's urgent.

:D

I think I've got some dust and crap under some of my keys, noticeable the E key, is it just a case of levering them up and just sticking them back down? I'm worried that if I do lift the key out it won't go back in.

I pulled out three keys from my laptop. Never got they back on.