N-Europe

Ace Attorney: The Turnabout Mafia

Jonnas

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My meagre findings out are that Cube falsifies evidence and that "this seems important." I thought the fact his dishonesty is "important" would mean he is evil. The use of the word corrupt is my own doing, so apologies for opening that can of worms. :p I was just drawing what I think is the obvious conclusion.

Falsifying evidence doesn't sit well in my books... Surely if you were good and influential, your double vote would be through legitimate means rather than forgery to lynch who you believe to be guilty?

That's exactly my thinking and why I'm not removing my vote. If you stood for justice you would have no need to forge or perhaps bribe your way to the 'truth'.

It's not uncommon for the Mafia to receive an example of a townie PM either.

Interesting! So people don't die, they just get framed...I dig it.

Anyone got any good info they're willing to part with?

bubble-gotcha.gif

He wasn't framed, he was forced to leave by (a forged) order of the Supreme Court.

Also, how about you give us some information?

Falsifying evidence doesn't sit well in my books... Surely if you were good and influential, your double vote would be through legitimate means rather than forgery to lynch who you believe to be guilty?

These are basically my thoughts as well. Then again, his character is known for "ruthless tactics" ... but I keep coming back to the fact that the mafia's entire shtick in this game is manipulating evidence. It just seems to fit too well. Plus, the mafia could technically have received a townie PM template ... however, I find that unlikely, so that really leaves me in doubt.

Basically I'm not sure what we should do. If there are any other leads we can pursue today, I think we should do so, and if the general consensus is to lynch Cube by the end of the day, I'll have no qualms about joining in.

Rummy and Nintendohnut are suspects for me. Dannyboy is trustworthy as he clearly understands - as does diageo.

Diageo -- consider not how the others 'may' know the same thing, instead look specifically at how certain members have clearly not recognised it, and try to see how that's dodgy. I think it's far more dodgy that they fail in this respect than it is dodgy that cube presents it.

So you're saying either Cube is town and Rummy, Nintendohnut (and ReZourceman since he also didn't understand) are all mafia because they fail to see what we see, or what Cube said means nothing and he's mafia, and Rummy, Nintendohnut and ReZourceman are just not paying hard enough attention.

Now I know that they are good players and would normally notice something like this, but the same holds true if they were mafia as they would pretend to know what we were talking about.

Either way. I would rather go with the evidence (of which Cube has confessed) than with this metagame analysis of what is probably mafia knowledge and behaviour related to such knowledge.

Cube, you targeted Tales last night but you haven't said what you do. You said the forging evidence thing only relates to your day power, i.e. it explains why you have a double vote. This seems like kind of convoluted logic to me. But am I right with what you've said so far?

Currently sitting on the fence about this one. We're basically relying on the word "corrupt" to mean evil.

Currently sitting on the fence about this one. We're basically relying on the word "corrupt" to mean evil.

Not actually. The word "corrupt" was darksnowman's doing. What he did find out is what Cube has confessed to, namely that he forges evidence, which darksnowman's investigation claimed was "important".

Cube, what is your night power?

If you ignore corrupt you still have the fact that Cube has a double vote by means of forging evidence - the very thing we're working against. It does seem odd that this information would be so freely available but it does happen a lot in mafia games where investigators will catch a mafia on the very first night. It's just good/bad luck.

We don't know your night power Cube, please enlighten us. You're saying we're only focussing on one part of your power but your night power clearly isn't that redeeming or you would've claimed it in defence by now.

Rummy and Nintendohnut are suspects for me. Dannyboy is trustworthy as he clearly understands - as does diageo.

Diageo -- consider not how the others 'may' know the same thing, instead look specifically at how certain members have clearly not recognised it, and try to see how that's dodgy. I think it's far more dodgy that they fail in this respect than it is dodgy that cube presents it.

On what grounds? Because I'm busy and reluctant to idle on voting? I'm tired of playing it safe all the time, idling away as the mafia kills us all off.

On top of this, I have NO idea what these riddles people are talking in are about! Is it something obvious I can glean from the writeup and what's been said? I still don't like Tales, but he's just not a viable lynch hence I went with Cube. On top of that, he DOES forge evidence and heroic said the evidence was forged on his way out, did he not?

Whats the deal with Peeps being attacked last night as well, is there anything you can't do today/roleblocked last night?

Btw @Jonnas will you be doing writeup links in the first post?

So you're saying either Cube is town and Rummy, Nintendohnut (and ReZourceman since he also didn't understand) are all mafia because they fail to see what we see, or what Cube said means nothing and he's mafia, and Rummy, Nintendohnut and ReZourceman are just not paying hard enough attention.

Now I know that they are good players and would normally notice something like this, but the same holds true if they were mafia as they would pretend to know what we were talking about.

Either way. I would rather go with the evidence (of which Cube has confessed) than with this metagame analysis of what is probably mafia knowledge and behaviour related to such knowledge.

On what grounds? Because I'm busy and reluctant to idle on voting? I'm tired of playing it safe all the time, idling away as the mafia kills us all off.

On top of this, I have NO idea what these riddles people are talking in are about! Is it something obvious I can glean from the writeup and what's been said? I still don't like Tales, but he's just not a viable lynch hence I went with Cube. On top of that, he DOES forge evidence and heroic said the evidence was forged on his way out, did he not?

Whats the deal with Peeps being attacked last night as well, is there anything you can't do today/roleblocked last night?

Btw @Jonnas will you be doing writeup links in the first post?

To clarify; I am vocalising my suspects, not saying that everyone I've mentioned is mafia, just that they've ignored something which I think is proof of innocence.

It's nothing to do with not wanting to be idle, rummy, it's to do with Cube's post where he explains himself. There are plenty of other explanations - perhaps cube is mafia, but he'd have to have contact with someone completely innocent in order to provide the proof he did, and if that's the case then someone here will know of that link and they should be suspicious of Cube.

I know I'm not explaining it perfectly, but frankly the whole point of this is that the innocent will know what I'm talking about if they read cube's post, and the mafia will not :P if I clarify any further then it defeats the whole point.

It may indeed be that people are not paying hard enough attention - but I can't spell it out.

On top of this, I have NO idea what these riddles people are talking in are about!

I haven't a baldy either. :(

I still don't like Tales, but he's just not a viable lynch hence I went with Cube. On top of that, he DOES forge evidence and heroic said the evidence was forged on his way out, did he not?

Yeah, I'd be suspicious of everyone who backed Tales up at the start of this day until they are proven innocent, tbh. I didn't notice that potential link with heroicjanitor being "killed" through forged evidence, good spot.

Cube, what is your night power?

I can get a copy of people's PMs.

Yeah, I'd be suspicious of everyone who backed Tales up at the start of this day until they are proven innocent, tbh. I didn't notice that potential link with heroicjanitor being "killed" through forged evidence, good spot.

And that clearly can't have been me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!