N-Europe

The Wii is Dead... what are you playing on it?

darksnowman

Aside from Dark Souls, the end of your year looks pretty boring. :heh:

Aside from Skyward Sword, the rest of the Wii looks very boring.

The last month or so has been pretty awesome for PS3. Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed, and definitely Skyrim. The Wii is certainly on its way out, a good thing I think since it really is outdated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Mario Kart Wii -

Normally would go on once in a while (play for a month, pause for 2 or 3 etc). If guests (friends, family or 'other') comes around and they won't say 'no' to a nice game session then that's play time there.

Either way, me and my bro's would either do all 4 of us doing all stages with all cpu's and battles after, or we'd just go 2 on my wii and 2 on their's and jump worldwide together. Hackers kill the joy, usually. :hmm:

*Conduit 2 -

Sadly, only once in a while I'd go on for a quick blast on Hardcore FFA (love it! :love: ).

*SSBB -

Same as Mario Kart Wii to be honest (bar Wi Fi brawling :shakehead: )

*Mario Party 4 -

My most fave MP game hands-down. Although it's a cube game and we don't play it ANY where near how much we used to, we'd still every now & then insert the disc and memory card in and have a crazyfunzilywacky board game sesh! :D (always wanted one of these along with a Super Mario side-scroller to go online :yay: )

*Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Gamezez :laughing: -

Again, me and The Br0'z would sometimes challenge each other in certain events and try to make our victories memorable record-breakers :mad: (best game within its series, just needs tighter controls and lag-free online IMHO). Fun and muscle exhausting game though!

*Bit Trip Beat -

I love this right here. Usually get taken away on it before I go to bed. I've mastered all the rhythms to be honest, but it's quite an often thing for me to get cocky, make one or two slip-ups (which spoils my goal to let NOTHING passed me :D) and I curse like "Oh sh!t!" :laughing:

Brilliant stuff though, I love this game.

*F-zero Gx & Mario Kart: Double Dash -

Really, just for reminiscing sakes, we'd ONCE IN A BLUE MOON slip these momma's in and go at it. Although VERY engaging and fun we still always finish up with chatting among ourselves "This game is so dope yo, in the next iteration of both these franchises we'd defo like new & fresh but we'd dig a few gorgeous spices that these honeyz bought to the table!" : peace: (Respect to ya mootha :D )

*Super Mario Sunshine -

I rather frequently tend to dive into some random and catchy missions and get funky to some of them groovey bonus stages :bouncy: (sorry guys, as much as the Galaxies had a brainstorm of quite terrific ideas all desperately blobbed together, I just sadly didn't warm to them. So please, no more for Wiiu, just sling 'em on the 3DS if anything lol).

*Arc Rise Fantasia and Monado: Begining of World -

I wanted these so bad at a stage. There's just something in my blood that just yearns for a wild, long and rough RPG adventure. But Arc Rise Fantasia, is it out?... The exclusion of the Jap voice-overs and the inclusion of the painful English dub did put me off a little. Xenoblade I may get sometime though. Looks quite alright/interesting I suppose. Can anyone recommend to make me eagerly want it to be a get?

*The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

This is where it be at, homies! This be where it is AT. Woah sh!t yo...

So there you have it. In my spare time, gaming or, more specifically, 'Wii' is providing appreciative amounts of multiplayer experiences (same-room and/or online) and worthy, engaging and captivating single player experiences so I wouldn't consider the Wii to be concked-out just yet. :bowdown:

I'd imagine the gamers who whores out their Wii's to any and every ol' game (and casuals who love their thangs - my sis loves her some Sims, Just Dance, Guitar Heroes and Another Code R series and Mario/Zelda etc...) would have a much more youthful Wii than my own. Combine this with Mr. Fils-Aimed constantly stating the plan to shift million more units by allowing it to sell side-by-side with Wiiu then I don't think Wii'll be dead just yet. But, that's just mii. :D

I have been thinking, i can't remember if i ever completed Ocarina on the GC. I know this is the Wii topic, but i may have to check it out when i get home. It's gonna bug me until then. I can remember dribs and drabs, like the change of Mirror Shield and Fire Temple music. It was about 7 year ago i played it on the GC.

Good thing the Wii has re-invigorated my love of Zelda.

I have been thinking, i can't remember if i ever completed Ocarina on the GC. I know this is the Wii topic, but i may have to check it out when i get home. It's gonna bug me until then. I can remember dribs and drabs, like the change of Mirror Shield and Fire Temple music. It was about 7 year ago i played it on the GC.

Good thing the Wii has re-invigorated my love of Zelda.

What about on the N64?

I'm sure you remember. It's not the type of thing you'd forget. :hmm:

What about on the N64?

I can imagine it's much easier to forget whether you completed the GC version than the N64 original. After all, it was free, and you'd probably completed the original, so you may not place as much importance on doing so with the port.

Unless I've totally misunderstood. :hehe:

I can imagine it's much easier to forget whether you completed the GC version than the N64 original. After all, it was free, and you'd probably completed the original, so you may not place as much importance on doing so with the port.

I interpreted as in that he's only played the GC version (either as the disc that came with Wind Waker or Collector's Edition).

Because unless he's played Master Quest, the Cube and N64 version are the same, aren't they? So, that's how I took it.

If so, that's poor, dude. You get the Mirror Shield very late on, so you must have finished it. It seems tragic to get so far and then stop.

If so, that's poor, dude. You get the Mirror Shield very late on, so you must have finished it. It seems tragic to get so far and then stop.

Yeah, that's a good point. You only have to run up the stairs and bash Ganondorf!

Didn't know there were changes to the Mirror Shield though.

I think he meant that change in design. In the original N64, it was that Arabic Moon found on the flag of Turkey, but it was changed in later releases into the Gerudo Emblem due to controversy with real-life religious groups (basically the same thing that happened with the Fire Temple's music)

180px-Mirror_Shield_changes.jpg

Just counted my games. Skyward Sword is my 37th Wii game.

Definitely the highest number of games I've ever had for a system. Probably my favourite ever console in terms of diversity and the amount of awesome experiences I've had with it.

There's still a dozen or more other games I'm still on the lookout for, which includes Galaxy 2, Xenoblade and one of the Pro Evo games.

I couldn't agree more. I've never had this much fun with a Nintendo console and I think I'm around the 50 game mark (about 100 with VC and WiiWare) which is by far the biggest collection I've had for a console.

I'll be sad to see the little white box (and little red since last Christmas, oh yeah :santa:) go but I'm sure I'll be playing it in years to come

What about on the N64?

Oh, i most certainly beat it on the N64. Many, many times over the course of time. Took me 6 months to 100% it, but i did it.

I interpreted as in that he's only played the GC version (either as the disc that came with Wind Waker or Collector's Edition).

Because unless he's played Master Quest, the Cube and N64 version are the same, aren't they? So, that's how I took it.

Having checked upon my predicament, i have indeed completed OOT on the GC via the Collectors Edition. I didn't complete it via the OOT/MQ disk that came with Wind Waker. Not sure if thats a bad thing or not, but thats what has occured.

I did run the OOT/MQ disk to check as well. I had completed the first 3 dungeons, and just started the Adult Link. I'm outside the Forest Temple as well, heading in to get the Arrows and annialate Phantom Ganon. I'm considering playing it from here again, and potentially completing it for the 12th time before the Wii U release.

Wonder if it will appear on a Wii U VC??

Yeah, that's a good point. You only have to run up the stairs and bash Ganondorf!

Didn't know there were changes to the Mirror Shield though.

Again, I interpreted that as him obtaining the Mirror Shield. So, "changing the Hylian Shield for the Mirror Shield."

I think he meant that change in design. In the original N64, it was that Arabic Moon found on the flag of Turkey, but it was changed in later releases into the Gerudo Emblem due to controversy with real-life religious groups (basically the same thing that happened with the Fire Temple's music)

180px-Mirror_Shield_changes.jpg

I still enjoy the Fire Temple music as original, having purchased in the past the original Ocarina of Time soundtrack new. Had to import it mind.

Wonder if it will appear on a Wii U VC??

I hope so. The 3DS remake is great, but I do miss rumble, and a proper controller just fits in my hands much better. I feel I have much more control over the game with the GC pad than the 3DS.

One thing though: I sincerely hope a Wii U version is locked at 1080p and 60fps.

I hope so. The 3DS remake is great, but I do miss rumble, and a proper controller just fits in my hands much better. I feel I have much more control over the game with the GC pad than the 3DS.

And more control again with the N64 controller. :wink:

Right enough, there would be no rumble on the 3DS OoT, so how does the Stone of Agony work then?