N-Europe

Steve Jobs Dies. For Real.

jayseven

Quite shocked to be honest. I'm not a fan of Apple products, never used one and probably don't intend to use one. But, he was great when it came to showing off the latest products. Always selling us items we didn't want or need, which is basically what was said earlier.

I did watch the latest Apple conference, not a patch on one of Steves to be fair.

56 is young to die these days, R.I.P indeed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think if he was this close to death, with the amount of money he had he would have gone out and done so many amazing things, enjoyed life to the full. I think he was a little obsessed with work which I don't necessarily find a good thing. Good for everyone else but not for him.

I guess if it made him really happy working like that, then I guess it's the same thing.

If you watch that video you find out that he essentially lived his life to what he thought was the best and fullest, doing something he loved everyday.

Also as for the Apple press event not being up to scratch, I think there's a couple of things to note.

First of all it seems Apple are repositioning themselves in the mobile market slightly.

Also I'm guessing that Tim and Steve were great friends; doing a product presentation so close (the day before) Steve dying probably had a impact personally.

There's always a chance that he had already died when they made the keynote. They weren't exactly going to announce it before the reveal of a new iPhone, were they? It may help to explain Tim Cook nature during the keynote. I suppose we shall see from the next one. Just a theory, but it's entirely possible.

There's always a chance that he had already died when they made the keynote. They weren't exactly going to announce it before the reveal of a new iPhone, were they? It may help to explain Tim Cook nature during the keynote. I suppose we shall see from the next one. Just a theory, but it's entirely possible.

Mad Monkey? Is that you?

I'd imagine it had a deep impact on Tim. From a lot of the material i've read, they were very good friends and Jobs from early on had him earmarked for a big future with the company. I don't think for a second Apple waited to announce his death but they obviously knew it was very imminent. Let's face it, if they had come out all rosy and filled with laughter, everyone would have slaughtered them for it when they found out Steve Jobs had died.

It's easy to say he's obsessed with work but it's not exactly shelve stacking work is it. The everyday life he lived is a pipe dream for everyone else. What's to say he didn't enjoy life to the full towards the end? he's always been an insanely private man, I fail to see why he'd change that as he got closer to death.

Edited by Jon
Automerged Doublepost