Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Haden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No lower league report for a while. :(

I am saddings.

Got an away game tomorrow against Zimmertron. I guess nervous in these types of games, because I'm supposed to get a good score-line, seeing as the other player hasn't logged in for weeeeks. I only narrowly beat the Hammerboys away, despite having 9 chances, guessing their formation, etc.

DRAGOOOOO!!

I don't understand the manager rating/stars thing. Seems totally random to me, doesn't reflect skill correctly.

It's not to do with skill - if you mean player/manager skill. It's based on your decisions for that game I think? So if you do wing plays and they've defended the centre, you're likely to get a higher rating (if you also guess formation and do other stuff that gives you the tactical edge).

Oh and I'm doing the reports for last Tuesday and Friday's games :p would appreciate someone preventing automerge :p

N-Euro Middle League Round Eleven

**Bubbles FC 0-2 Mcoys Sons**

Mcoy continues his tradition of winning 2 goals to nil with no real surprises on the pitch. It was a fairly uneventful game save for a few bookings. Wyatt Rufus scored the first goal after 35 minutes and the second came at 80 minutes, scored by Niles Alvarado. Bubbles FC couldn't put a dent in Mcoy's defence and only managed one shot at the goal in the whole game.

***Aqui1a All Stars 2-0 Happenstance FC***

All Stars are clearly on top form as last week they held their own against The Sixty Fourthers and this week they trampled Happenstance FC. The first goal came at 12 minutes when Maxim Pirsa made it right into the penalty area and beat the keeper. Just 6 minutes later, Theodore Lester got a piece of the action by scoring after a corner. At half time All Stars were sitting comfortably at 2-0. Happenstance FC managed to keep All Stars from scoring again in the second half but were unable to get anywhere near their opponents goal to score a goal of their own.

****Seahawks FC 5-0 AFC ReZs Rabies***

Seahawks bounce back from their draw last round and trounce Rabies 5-0. The first goal came at 2 minutes from a freekick and Rabies now seem conditioned to stop trying as soon as their opponents score. Two more goals were scored before the ref's whistle blew for half time. The second half began and Seahawks were far from finished. Clearly they wanted to beat their record of four goals in one game and kept pushing at Rabies crumbling defence. A fourth goal came quickly after just 8 minutes of play, scored by Jeremias Ríos and at 63 minutes he scored again to make it 5-0.

***Rising Phoenix 1-0 Real Peeps****

Real Peeps were playing a defensive game today, clearly trying to repair their horrific goal difference. The defensive strategy seemed to be working in their favour as the first half went by without any goals - neither team able to get a chance at scoring. The second half continued in the same vain but Rising Phoenix were prepared for the defensive tactics now and managed to get some chances at scoring, finally putting one away at 87 minutes. Real Peeps also managed a shot on goal but it was easily caught by the keeper. Real Peeps gave them a tough game but Rising Phoenix still came away with three points.

****The Sixty-Fourthers 2-1 Intergalactico Stars****

This was the closest game of the league this round and the only game where both teams managed to score. Intergalactico broke through first going 0-1 up after 21 minutes. The first half ended before The Sixty-Fourthers could get a goal of their own. As the second half began it was clear the away side was having trouble keeping up and The Sixty-Fourthers had near complete control of the ball for the entire 45 minutes. The Sixty-Fourthers equalised at 54 minutes and scored the winning goal late in the game at 83 minutes. Intergalactico will surely be disappointed at losing out on an away draw.

Most Important Result: The Sixty-Fourthers 2-1 Intergalactico Stars, todays loss means Stars are going to have a hard time climbing back to third place as they drop to fifth. Rising Phoenix show no signs of dropping from 3rd which means Intergalactico Stars are possibly looking at repeating the Middle League next season.

Stylish Play: Seahawks FC, they were all over Rabies today and their whole midfield had a say in the score with three of them scoring their own goals and one setting up two for his teammates.

Best Player: Matt Scorpios, Seahawks FC, Scorpios scored his goal after 18 minutes and went on to set up the next goal 16 minutes later. He also assisted in the last goal of the game to see Seahawks win 5-0.

N-Euro Middle League Round Twelve

It's all change this round as the top of the table gets shuffled. Mcoy vs The Sixty-Fourthers is the big game this round and two members of The Chartreuse Trio relive some of their former glory!

***AFC ReZs Rabies 3-3 Bubbles FC***

Rabies put on a rare display of form today as they bounced back to claim a draw against Bubbles FC. Everything was going as normal, Bubbles scored early on and got a second goal in before half time... but so did Rabies! 2 minutes after Fredrik Brónach scored for Bubbles FC, Johan Fjällström tore up the pitch and scored from a shot in the penalty area! The second half began and Bubbles upped the ante with a third goal. Surely that would put a stop to any crazy ideas Rabies might have? 20 tense minutes passed before Rudolf Hallerström broke through with Rabies second goal and rather fittingly, Tomas Last scored the final goal of the game to see Rabies equalise against Bubbles FC!

****Real Peeps 2-0 Seahawks FC***

More good news for the Chartreuse Trio this round as Real Peeps somehow win another game! Tommy Frampton scored the first goal from a penalty just 11 minutes into the game and six minutes later he assisted Lois Lyall in getting another goal for Real Peeps. It could've all unravelled at 40 minutes when Seahawks took a penalty of their own but much to the delight of Real Peeps' keeper, Horace Biggins, it missed. The second half went by with no more goals scored but a few injuries. Dante Servidei of Real Peeps had to be taken off the pitch but his broken fingernail was outshadowed by Seahawk FC's Xurxo Carrascosa's broken leg. Christiano Aragón of Seahawks followed him off the pitch a couple of minutes later with his own injury.

***Mcoys Sons 3-0 The Sixty-Fourthers**

Mcoys Sons trounced the practically absent Sixty-Fourthers this round as the away team didn't manage to get anywhere near the goal for a chance to score. Arthur Rossall scored from a penalty just 8 minutes into the game but that was the only goal of the first half. Mcoy pushed harder in the second half and was rewarded with a further two goals. The Sixty-Fourthers had all the wrong tactics this game and couldn't do a thing against the oppressive force of Mcoys Sons.

****Intergalactico Stars 3-1 Happenstance FC***

The first half of the game was pretty close. Intergalactico scored first with a header from a cross but Happenstance retaliated with a freekick directly into the net and the first half ended 1-1. Everything changed in the second half however, as Happenstance were suddenly on the back-foot failing to keep Intergalactico at bay. Nikos Scabos scored in the 57th minute with a header after a corner and scored again after a freekick in the 71st minute. It had started out as a close game but the Stars shone in the second half and Happenstance were helpless.

****Aqui1a All Stars 1-2 Rising Phoenix****

Once again All Stars play a good game but fall short of gaining any points. Rising Phoenix are currently on a winning streak with this being their 6th successive victory (though four of those games were against Peeps and ReZ). All Stars had a tough first half as Maxim Pirsa is booked then Jim Hargreaves is horrifically injured and stretchered off the pitch, but things looked up when Scott Page scored the first goal of the game to put All Stars ahead. It was short-lived however as Rising Phoenix equalised soon after and took the lead with another goal before the first half was over. With no goals in the second half, Rising Phoenix win the game.

Most Important Result: Mcoys Sons 3-0 The Sixty-Fourthers, this loss takes The Sixty-Fourthers down to third place from first! There's little chance of this team losing out on promotion but it could still happen. Either way it'll be a huge blow to Gaggle to be dethroned this late in the season. Mcoy was available for comment after the game but all he said was 'I told you so'.

Stylish Play: Intergalactico Stars, the gameplay spoke for itself in this match. Intergalactico scored the first goal of the game and although they went into the first half level with Happenstance, they completely shut out their opponents whose only chance on goal was from a freekick.

Best Player: Rudolf Hallerström, AFC ReZs Rabies, Hallerström was on top form today and had a hand in every goal. He set up the first goal of Rabies' comeback and scored the second but he made sure of the third goal before the final whistle blew by crossing the ball to Tomas Last who headed it in.

@gaggle64 @heroicjanitor @ReZourceman @Nikos9 @Aqui1a @Brian Mcoy @Happenstance

It's not to do with skill - if you mean player/manager skill. It's based on your decisions for that game I think? So if you do wing plays and they've defended the centre, you're likely to get a higher rating (if you also guess formation and do other stuff that gives you the tactical edge).

Yeah that's what I mean. :)

Last game vs Recall, I basically had the perfect counter tactics.

His offence was through plays, I tightened the centre. I went wing plays, he tightened the centre. I guessed his formation, he did not. I also marked his playmaker, while he did not. I got 4 stars, but still, it doesn't seem consistent.

Four stars is pretty high ;)

It probably takes your own formation and line-up into account, as well as seeing if you played against the ref with your aggression/offside traps etc.

Mcoy would like to point out that winning away games seems to be a major boost to points as well.

Great confidence boosting win for me today got some good youth exp going as well.

I wonder where I will be when the team of the month updates tommorow hope I am in the teens rather than 20s lol.

On general terms still aiming for a top 3 finish which will be tough but should be achievable.

Much needed victory before the though times ahead.

Got two injuries and two red cards on my next match so I don't have much options there, only got one guy in reserve but I'm trying to sell him :p

Cube :( Although I'm thinking about the team points for the most part, you need to finish top 2 to get promoted, unless Haden changes his mind again. (same goes for Phoenix and the Stars)

Another win has put me above bubbles and rabies. I'm starting to think I may escape relegation but I'd need a lot of luck. I would rather go down because it would benefit my development more than another season in the middle league I think but it might be worth it if I get to screw over @Aqui1a late in the season like I did last time ;)

Edited by The Peeps

Glad that game is out of the way. It went fine and my new striker managed to get two goals. :)

I'm looking forward to this season finishing, although we still have work to do. I want to see if anyone goes up a skill level. I've also got one or two pieces of deadwood that I'm looking to shift. They're making up the numbers at the moment, but I'll be looking for a new player in area each. Bar goalkeeper, unless someone special comes along.

The game against DuD's Baggies may well decide who gets fourth place, although the games against Emo Blades (boooo) and Cubic County will be fucking hard. Very hard games to finish the season off with. Expecting to get nothing from them. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!