NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Tennis Open

Pretty good, was just me and Aneres11 in the end though.

Good games, Aneres11. :)

I've got a room open now (singles) if anyone's up for a game.

: peace:

Weird, I couldn't see you online at all!

What does press A do at the start of a rally? Before the AI serves I was hitting A and my Mii did a little stretch and had a red aura around him for a brief second.

Doing a complete taunt without interruption makes your next shot slightly stronger.

EDIT: What he said.

How about some doubles tonight? I can only do it after the MK League, around 9:30pm is that too late?

WHITE YOSHI GET! (hold up on the d-pad and press start when selecting your save file to access the QR reader - Just wouldn't be a console style Mario Tennis without a secret menu! :D)

x2_c82a85d.jpg

The Black Yoshi is the one currently being distributed by Asda staff. Still need someone to capture that for us...

This one below supposedly unlocks the Yoshi costume, but I can't seem to get it to work (probably because the magazine was bent when the picture was taken). Let me know if you manage to get it working!

2s139mb.jpg

How about some doubles tonight? I can only do it after the MK League, around 9:30pm is that too late?

I get back from work at around 22:30. If you're still there by then, I'll have a few games with you!

Edited by Dcubed

Your doubles partner in doubles seems a bit dumb sometimes, they let the ball pass them without even trying to hit it :P

It's probably deliberate as to not make doubles too easy but it's a bit annoying when you it makes you lose :cry:

The Galaxy based mini game is probably my favourite one so far.

That minigame is really fun! my fav has to be super mario tennis, absolute blast!

I've yet to try the ink game though.

The Galaxy based mini game is probably my favourite one so far.

I wasn't keen on that one as I had trouble seeing the ball. :(

I take it the only way to earn coins is through the mini games then?
Yep.

I wish it was possible to earn coins online too. :hmm: Considering the amount of coins needed to buy every item, it's strange that they're only obtainable from the mini-games. I get the feeling those will get boring long before having collected enough coins to buy everything in the shop. :blank:

Weird, I couldn't see you online at all!

That's odd. :woops:

Anyway, should be able to get a few games in after MK tonight. :)

This one below supposedly unlocks the Yoshi costume, but I can't seem to get it to work (probably because the magazine was bent when the picture was taken). Let me know if you manage to get it working!

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2s139mb.jpg

Not tried scanning any codes yet, but just by looking at it, that one in the magazine looks identical to the one for white Yoshi. :heh:

Your doubles partner in doubles seems a bit dumb sometimes, they let the ball pass them without even trying to hit it :P
They can be a bit random, yeah. :D One cool feature though is being able to tap on the L Button and call for a shot, so that they don't go for it. Gives you a bit more control in doubles, which is nice. :cool:

Is it possible to turn off the gyro controls permanently?
It is, yeah. In the options menu in the clubhouse section.

First thing I did when I started playing. :grin:

They can be a bit random, yeah. :D One cool feature though is being able to tap on the L Button and call for a shot, so that they don't go for it. Gives you a bit more control in doubles, which is nice. :cool:

Oh, so that's what that does. Thought it was for communicating in multiplayer or something :laughing:.

Is it possible to turn off the gyro controls permanently?

Do note that if you want to turn it off permanently, you have to do it via the Clubhouse option. Doing it via the pause menu will only deactivate it for that match only.

Do note that if you want to turn it off permanently, you have to do it via the Clubhouse option. Doing it via the pause menu will only deactivate it for that match only.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing. I was wondering why it wouldn't stay off. ::shrug:

WHITE YOSHI GET! (hold up on the d-pad and press start when selecting your save file to access the QR reader - Just wouldn't be a console style Mario Tennis without a secret menu! :D)

http://hard-reset.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/x2_c82a85d.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2s139mb.jpg

Both of these codes look exactly the same to me. That might be why you can't get the second one to work. :heh:

I just know I'm gonna start feeling interested in this game when Wimbledon starts.. :eek:

Tried the second QR first, couldn't get it to work either. First one worked straight away.

Yeah, first QR code worked, second didn't. The question is how do you select it? (yoshi costume)

EDIT: Anyone up for some games?

I'll join you. easy wins? doubt it.

EDIT: I've opened a singles game, welsh joined. we had two games, if you want to join you can @Ike.

Edited by -Dem0-

no problem, gimme a minute.

hmmm another com error.

EDIT: let's go! ready when you are.

Edited by -Dem0-

Argg, sorry. Someone used the microwave ¬_¬. One more try?

See? Easy wins :laughing: Liked our second match when we kept getting a duece for ages. Good games.

Edited by Ike
Automerged Doublepost

Got the game yesterday. In my opinion the reviews were mostly spot on about the chance shots, they do dominate the game and not for the better. However I'm still enjoying playing it. Graphically it's really nice. I've seen some people saying the 3D effect is really lazy, I didn't really notice though.

Also the minigames are by far the best of any Mario Tennis so far. Super Mario Tennis is such a cool idea, it's just begging for them to release new levels as DLC. If anyone is interested in high score charts for the minigames, click the rank button in my signature. My scores aren't that great, they need some competition. :heh: