Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Am I the only person who hasn't played ANY of the mafia games? :blank:

I don't play them because I don't find them enjoyable. Sorry. ::shrug:

Me neither.

Not really, because we don't have sub-forums for every popular forum game. iSketch - 1 topic, the picture game thing - 1 topic, Xpert Eleven - 1 topic.

You're not alone, it would appear I missed the fad, and now the wheels are falling off the wagon.

A sub-forum for all forum games would be the best idea, that way its not just mafia games.

Here's one - no sub-forums, no scrapping all the mafia, just a cap - one thread (Esquiel's) for general mafia stuff, including who wants to host a game and links to past ones. Allow two to be running at one time, and two to have sign-up threads.

Once a game has ended, one of the sign-up threads stops and it's host starts the game. Once this is done, the next person to have offered to host a game opens a sign-up thread.

Here's one - no sub-forums, no scrapping all the mafia, just a cap - one thread (Esquiel's) for general mafia stuff, including who wants to host a game and links to past ones. Allow two to be running at one time, and two to have sign-up threads.

Once a game has ended, one of the sign-up threads stops and it's host starts the game. Once this is done, the next person to have offered to host a game opens a sign-up thread.

Or here's a better idea, someone go set up a pro board of thier own to mafia games on..

If only one is in progress, close and/or delete the others. Doing my nut in going on General Chat and theres Mafia upon Mafia topic.

I don't begrudge anyone fun, but the clone topics are slightly irritating.

The people who like Mafia want its own board....and the people who don't like the mafia don't want them on Gen Pop.....Soooo....

Well the thing now is that alot of people enjoy the mafia games. The mods wouldnt sticky my thread because it wasnt everyones taste and if it were popular enough it would stay bumped up anyway.

People have to get there sign ups started early or people will get in before them as i found out. The sign up threads will die down, and the progession thread will stay bumped up giving easy access to all mafia games.

I agree there is alot of Mafia games floating on the Gen boards atm... If there were a sub forum or something that would clear it up, but as the mods say if its not popular they would dissapear. Surely having half the board filled with mafia shows how popular it really is?

It would take effort to make sure this was enforced, and who wouldtake priority?

The people who like Mafia want its own board....and the people who don't like the mafia don't want them on Gen Pop.....Soooo....
I dont like the Mafia Games, i like some forum games though. The mafia games get on my nervous sometimes, so they need their own place as not to annoy other people.

It would take effort to make sure this was enforced, and who wouldtake priority?

It's not hard to lock a thread and say "go to Esquiel's thread", and priority is simple: in said thread, a list of who is to host games is kept up to date, in order. Next in line is, well, the next in line...

The admins/mods don't seem keen on a new sub forum. My idea is a total of 5 threads at once, 2 of which would be posted in infrequently. That's not really that much.

It's not hard to lock a thread and say "go to Esquiel's thread", and priority is simple: in said thread, a list of who is to host games is kept up to date, in order. Next in line is, well, the next in line...

The admins/mods don't seem keen on a new sub forum. My idea is a total of 5 threads at once, 2 of which would be posted in infrequently. That's not really that much.

If current staff dont really want the job of managing a new sub-forum, i think it would be a good idea to appoint some new moderators who the current staff trust.

Suggestion - Remove mafia games, getting beyond a joke now. How many topics, 5 or 6..

Why the hell should they be deleted when about forty people actively enjoy and take part in the mafia games?

I just think all the sign up threads should stop. Can we just wait until the initial 10 waiting games are done with before everyone goes ME TOO!

Why don't they put their name on the list but don't have a sign up thread until later? It's becoming annoying having to sign up to a game 2 months in the future.

That's what I'm suggesting!

Great minds, and all that jazz! :awesome:

Am I the only person who hasn't played ANY of the mafia games? :blank:

I don't play them because I don't find them enjoyable. Sorry. ::shrug:

Can we get them out of general chat for the people that do like them? God there's such a simple solution, I do not understand why there isn't a subforum or something similar to solve all these problems.

I played one and didn't enjoy it. Didn't know what I was doing and no one seemed to want to tell me.

We are talking about what we want to do about all the Mafia games, so bear with us.

Can we get rid of the auotmerged double post bull shit please. Or at at least limit it so it only does it to posts say less than an hour apart. There are several ocassions when a topic deserves a legitimate bump but because you are the last person to post in the thread you cant bump it.

Can we get rid of the auotmerged double post bull shit please. Or at at least limit it so it only does it to posts say less than an hour apart. There are several ocassions when a topic deserves a legitimate bump but because you are the last person to post in the thread you cant bump it.

I was going to say the exact same thing! I agree that it should be time limited. I believe it is a good idea, but definitely needs a time limit thing.

The automerge function isn't set for the sake of preventing people bumping their own post, it was just so people don't double post and waste space, so if that can be sorted I will.

Can people who have never actually taken part in a mafia game just stfu about them? Seriously? It's ok to say there's a lot (there is) or complain that there are unecessary threads made (there have been) but don't tell us to stop doing them, or to delete all the threads. Grow up. They're fun, and 30-40 forum members tend to take part in a decent one. Why don't you consider the phrase "don't knock it 'til you know it"?

We'll put something in place to organise things a bit better as soon as we come to an agreement, no need to argue about it here.

Edit: Double posts are set to automerge if two posts are done within the same 24 hours, otherwise they apparently will not merge. I can't think of a 'legitimate reason' why you would have to post again straight after yourself to bump a thread within 24 hours.