Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Can users submit articles for the front page? If not I think you should implement a sytem like that, where people can write articles then submit them to someone for moderation and the better ones get put up.

When you say this, do you mean like news or do you mean features?

This doesn't really work like a blog. When I make a news post, it doesn't really just work by typing like this. You have to use coding, line breaks, that sorta stuff. Very, very boring stuff. :heh:

So, a 10 second job like copying and pasting a list of releases can turn into a very tedious process. :(

Oh right. Then how about the N-Europe news forum changes to one for user articles? Saying that though if you're going to do it in the forum then you might as well just make a thread in the forum it relates to. So err... pointless.

I've always liked the idea of user reviews. So, maybe there is some to your idea after all. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon someone should make a Quote of the Day thread, because its nice to point out some of the better, funnier quotes from this forum, and the recent arguing needs to be shut out (me included) by viewing the funnier posts that makes this place great. However, i dont really feel like making it. people will probably say 'thats ironic that youve created this thread'. which is true to some extent.

And also maybe a stickied thread to advertise non-members to join the forum, saying things like its really easy to join, all you need to do is to punch in your email address and put in your desired user-name and then you can post all you like! at the moment threads get many views but the majority are by non-members. all they need to do is sign up and then they can share their opinions, instead of getting frustrated about the discussions. thats what i felt like when i used to be a non-member, and by signing up everything is so much better because you can get a response to your thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

I propose an amendment to the rules, following Saturday night, and the thread started by Motion that started it all:

No one is allowed to make a thread about another member, especially if it is taking the piss, being mean, (directly) insulting, ganging up or slagging off that person.

However, people should be allowed to make a thread to compliment another member, such as when Mr Odwin had a baby (well, he didn't have the baby himself, but you see what I mean...).

I propose an amendment to the rules, following Saturday night, and the thread started by Motion that started it all:

No one is allowed to make a thread about another member, especially if it is taking the piss, being mean, (directly) insulting, ganging up or slagging off that person.

That already is against the rules... Flaming/Insulting other members. Your sig falls foul of it too.

Or you could have the forum banner as the main site one and instead just keep changing the main site banner with each great game (sort like what is being done anyway). I like the Sonic banner :D

[edit] Oh I see, it's cycling through them (main site) that's cool.

Can you please get rid of the adverts for emoticons that shout "say something" etc at you when you hover over them? I find them intrusive and they detract from my enjoyment of the site. By being (needlessly) intrusive they also encourage people to download adblocker programs, which hurts both your site and the internet as a whole.

Thanks!

I suggest we ship Fields to Abu Dhabi with a notice for a vasectomy to be carried out immediately, without anaesthesia. Signed by Fiercey, so they know we mean business :heh:

Sounds like fun! :D

But seriously, we can say fuck, shit, arse, wank, piss... but not **** or ****? Why not?

Sounds like fun! :D

But seriously, we can say fuck, shit, arse, wank, piss... but not **** or ****? Why not?

I should really put these questions, the ones I end up answering every other month, in the FAQ I suppose but instead I'll just repeat myself;

Those particular words are often (and you'll have to take my word because I can't be arsed to find the research) agreed to be the most vulgar of swearing words. It is in our rules that you're not really supposed to swear and we're aware people do, but at least we can lay off the 'high end' swearing.

Be creative you lazy cumf or I'll kick you in the crunch.