Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Medieval Mafia

The Peeps

I rarely understand why someone playing a mafia game holds their cards so close to their chest. It only benefits the mafia.

Not necessarily. Lots of instances where silence is a better strategy. [Possibly more so in games where all the roles are known beforehand]

---

I'm vote: Heroicjanitor

---

---

{Not thrice on purpose, my computer is just tricking me}

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[MENTION=2459]

- Aqui1a is suspicious because it has been uncovered that someone's name was hidden in the write-up, and aqui1a said it was his name. Anyone who targetted him saw he was a hideous person that stopped them from voting at all the next day. Aqui1a initially claimed his role was; if he targetted mafia, they would not be able to vote the next day, later changing this explanation when, frankly, nobody believed it. (I think that's right?)

Mostly true.. except I never changed a thing. I've been completely open and honest from the beginning, and if you honestly do think I've changed my story even once, I suggest you go back and check. :)

Also I believe I was roleblocked last night.

I'd say Jonnas is the vigilante who killed Tales.

Is this true Jonnas? And if so, why?

Also, jayseven, the rhetorical question clearly brought the point across that I did not think it was likely.

Having read the write-up, I can see what position jonnas is claiming to take.

Not sure if keeping quiet about it is going to particularly make a difference to maff, jonnas. I'm sure they'll be able to infer what I have been able to.

Diageo; the rhetorical question was indeed a rhetorical question. Congratulations. Shame it didn't actually bring any clarity to the situation whatsoever, hmm?

Chair; yeah, I do see what you are getting at, but to me diageo's form of mafia playing isn't silent, and isn't often productive - if it is it's stodged out with far too much meandering and wastefulness.

Not every sentence has to be a statement of fact. If I want to say that I don't think something is very likely by asking a rhetorical question then I will continue to do it even with your little fear of questions.

I don't know why you want me to play your apparently "efficient" way. Why don't we just play our own ways and leave each other alone.

I'm going to put it out there and say I think Jonnas is mafia purely from how he words his posts.

I agreed yesterday,

Actually, you're right, that was weird posting from me, there. And a useless question, of course Cube targeted aqui1a.

Elsewhere in the castle, another fight had taken place. Albert Fryfield was now backed up against a wall with a sword at his throat.

This was Jonnas.

Right, I was told in a PM that I was redirected to Jonnas (so heroic is speaking the truth about that at least)...

The PM also said I saw Jonnas "walking back holding a bloodied sword."

So yeah, that doesn't paint Jonnas in a good light.

Riiight, bloody sword, huh? Can't say I deny it. Indeed, my sword was stained tonight. Why? I'd rather not say, but indeed, Eenuh is correct.

Have no fear, though. I am good.

Spill da beanz.

People, remove votes from heroic, there could be shenanigans and Jonnas is a better lead right now.

Divulging the theory would, if the theory is correct, perhaps endanger jonnas in the very vein that he is seeking to avoid. While we seem to have a good roster of potential maffs, the maffs themselves may have a good idea of who to go after, too.

having weighted it up (and typed it out and deleted it twice), I figure I ought to share it. Sorry (possibly, depending on if it's true :P) Jonnas!

The write-up contains two isolated incidents. A protector saved someone from a murderer in the first one. The second we see a killer take out tales.

I believe that jonnas is insinuating he is neither killer, but instead the protector. It is the (potentially cover) story he is going for. If it's a cover, then there's an individual out there who knows he is lying (the true protector), however if it's true, then unfortunately we have two people that hte mafia may be after tonight - mr-paul and jonnas.

In this situation the mafia will have the advantage of knowing whether jonnas is telling the truth or not (unless the two-maff theory is correct, in which case it may be of the same consequence to an opposing mafia to consider jonnas a target). Murray was a protector that the maff got the first night, which means we may be low on them anyway. Mr-paul targetted himself, which suggests jonnas can too - which means we may need to rely on an as-of-yet unknown helper to ensure mr-paul sees it through the night.

So there you go. Effectively, we need to hope there's another secret protector who is able to remain anonymous for the rest of teh game, else jonnas's days are numbered.

So what was 3 potential maff is now one most-likely, one not-sure and one even-less-so. In my eyes, anyway.

Potential Doublepost: ReZ; you certain? If Jonnas really is a killer and not a protector then yea, he should come first.

That is, unless you're in cahoots with heroijan (always gotta keep those logic windows open :P)

ReZ; read my post closely again. Jonnas may be the protector in the first part of the write-up.

Just noticed - there's a new element to the write-up that I missed earlier!

The strong Knight hit him hard in the face with his shield.

You are suggesting this bloodied Jonnas's sword?

Cube your power has to be dodgy, I'm not lying about my character and you got the exact same result on two different players. I just showed you that at least half of my post is provably true(or at least not a lie), there is no way it is 80% lies. Even if, as you say, 40% of it is just speculation; then that still makes it not lies.

Jonnas killed someone, even if you don't believe me surely he's more of a threat? What is the vote count?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!