NEurope
flameboy

I'm back....if you noticed I was gone :P

After a month away and a self imposed exile from forums and the like I am happy to say I am back!!!!

I was away in Canada visiting my girlfriend for the summer. Feeling pretty down now and jetlagged but this time next year I hope to be living there and had the greatest summer ever, went to New York, Buffalo, saw the foofighters, saw Drake and Stevie Wonder! along with attending a Beer Festival that was so much fun. Toronto such a great city for anyone who is considering a trip to Canada.

Here's a pic of us at Times Square, for those interested I'll be putting more up on Facebook over the next few days!

29925110150769632450187.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by flameboy

I noticed you were gone and missed you! (in a very manly way)

Well more the facebook/skype chats rather than actually on this forum! ;)

Glad you had a great time anyway! :)

Welcome back duder.... Now you and Mike get on to the next podcast please :-)

Sounds like you had a good summer!

Your girlfriend is hot.

Yeah and welcome back and stuff.

thanks very much :blush:

Welcome back duder.... Now you and Mike get on to the next podcast please :-)

Sounds like you had a good summer!

Yes we will its happening in next couple of days!

Welcome Back!

Times Square FTW! :D

What did you get up to in New York... any shows?

(and yes, congrats on the hot girlfriend :p)

Welcome Back!

Times Square FTW! :D

What did you get up to in New York... any shows?

(and yes, congrats on the hot girlfriend :p)

No shows...we did Rockafeller Centre, Nintendo World, Times Square, Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho (girlfriend and me enjoy just wandering around cities) New York Metropolitan Museum (easily the best museum I have ever been to, beats the Louvre hands down) New York Public Library, FAO Schwarz (the toy store from Home Alone 2) Also she has cousins over there so spent tons of time walking to bizarre places that aren't really tourist hot spots and witnessing the nightlife.

Wanted to do Statue of Liberty but didn't fit it in, thing is though Toronto is so close compared to here and it won't be the last time we go to New York. Same with a show, I kind of wanted to go see Spiderman but it didn't really fit in at all timings wise.

Welcome back Flamey! :)

This is all you really missed while away...

I wish you luck in trying to acquire a copy if you so wish to do so... ;)

Edited by S.C.G

Welcome back Flamey! :)

This is all you really missed while away...

I wish you luck in trying to acquire a copy if you so wish to do so... ;)

I have to be honest other than Skyward Sword my Wii is pretty much dead to me....BUT I did read that review for Xenoblade and am considering picking it up.

Is that the first time you've been to New York?

My life has never been the same since I went there last year. I now feel every place I go to will pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is NYC, that is until I go back again :heh:

Notice you were gone? I didn't even notice you were here to begin with!

When we're all rich, we need a NE-NYC Meet! :D

(will' is of course already there waiting for us) ;)

Wanted to do Statue of Liberty but didn't fit it in

Read this as: "Wanted to do Statue of Liberty but didn't fit in it". Interpret that as ye will! :p

Anyway, welcome back from an awesome trip! :)

Is that the first time you've been to New York?

My life has never been the same since I went there last year. I now feel every place I go to will pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is NYC, that is until I go back again :heh:

It was my first time. I kind of don't feel the same. Sure no denying its a great city. I'm sure I'm biased because my girlfriends from there but I like Toronto more. It's a cleaner micro NYC thats getting bigger all the time and there's a lot of money being bumped into the city. It is often used in movies to represent New York due to Canadian tax breaks. I don't really like American's of New York either they were all soooooo rude. (also it took 7 hours of hell to get there as opposed to 55 minutes due to hell on a plane.) That's a story for another day....

I love you.

Thanks man love you too naturally.

Welcome back. Just in time for the training to begin for Extra Life.

I know can't wait, replacing my broken PS3 very soon :)

Notice you were gone? I didn't even notice you were here to begin with!

Thanks a bunch :shakehead

I didn't notice because I don't know you :p Sounds like an awesome summer! Your girlfriend is really pretty!

Welcome back mate :)

I love New York too, but I know what you mean, for many and probably myself it's just the amazement of the size of the city, the vertical scale of it all. The only cities I've been to like that are Hong Kong and NYC, and so my opinion of both is very high. But certainly cleaner cities with better reputations such as Toronto or Melbourne no doubt appeal to some much more.

I didn't notice because I don't know you :p Sounds like an awesome summer! Your girlfriend is really pretty!

pffff well I don't know either :P Thanks though!

Welcome back mate :)

I love New York too, but I know what you mean, for many and probably myself it's just the amazement of the size of the city, the vertical scale of it all. The only cities I've been to like that are Hong Kong and NYC, and so my opinion of both is very high. But certainly cleaner cities with better reputations such as Toronto or Melbourne no doubt appeal to some much more.

Yeah I think also my feelings about Toronto are slightly more biased but there is a certain feel good about the city something that there isn't in New York.

Toronto is next on my list of Cities to visit (hopefully in November), i'll report back then. Canadians are generally very nice people so I can see where you're coming from.

Toronto is next on my list of Cities to visit (hopefully in November), i'll report back then. Canadians are generally very nice people so I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah they are, its definitely an immigrants paradise and by default . They actively want people there whereas the US can't exist without all the Spaniards, Costa Rican's etc...they rely on to keep their cities going, yet there is still this mentality that they want to keep you out of their country if they can. I had a hell of an ordeal crossing the border for the first time (we flew from buffalo to new york)

I won't be there this November (was there last xmas) as she's coming here! November next year I fully expect to be living there.