NEurope
Link

Change your Mind?

I just want to know if the Revolution controller has made people think twice about buying an xbox 360 or ps3. I know it has changed my views and "conventional" controllers just don't do it for me anymore...What about you?

I was thinking of getting a PS3 at it's launch, and perhaps wait a bit with the Rev, but sure, this has got me thinking otherwise. If I see some nice games etc, I'll probably wait till the PS3 sees a few pricedrops until I get it, and get the Rev ASAP.

Not really. I'm still going to get an Xbox 360 for one or two titles which tickle my fancy - Too Human being one of them. Thats probably a few years off tho - possibly on XBOX 720.

I'm not thinking of getting an Xbox 360 anymore, but just because my Xbox only got 2 games of usage.

I feel the same as before - I want everything, man! Although it had made me ponder over the usage of the controller frequently since the unveiling, so I guess the Revo is in my mind more than before.

________

Yamaha xs400 history

Edited by Johelian

Not really; I'm not a fanboy, so I don't just stick to one company; they're all after the same thing anyway, your money, and Nintendo gets more of it than any of the other big three.

I was planning on getting at least a PS3 and a Revo, and this has not changed it.

At first I was thinking Nintendo has lost it and I was gonna skip getting the Revo. Then they revealed the controller!

Revo is now my most wanted console, 360 being pushed to second and PS3 last. I'll prolly now get a PS3 a few years after it's launch when it's cheap. I'll still get a 360 after Christmas though as I first intended. After all, it is out first...

The showing of the controller has not made me "change my mind" but it sure has "solidified" my decision!

I am DEFINATELY getting Revolution, I only have one decision to make; in what colour...

i was origanally planning on getting a PS3 on launch and then slowly save up for a revo a couple of months after launch but now after seeing the revo's conroller it has completely changes my mind. I will now make sure i get a revo on launch and not bother at all with the PS3. I don't see the point anymore of paying 300 quid for a PS3 that has the same style games/input methods as current gen but with improved graphics.

How come Too Humans on xbox360? I thought it was gonna be GameCube/Nintendo exclusive? I was only ever going to get Revolution. I have never bought a sony console and never will because 99% of the games suck. The ones that dont are available on everything else anyway. I bought an xbox for Fable but Fable:Lost Chapters is coming out for PC so that was the worst decision ever. 360 and ps3 are same as predecessors but with shinyer graphics. yawn

I will still be getting a PS3 but definitly not at launch. I'll wait 2 years but I am definitly going to get the Revolution at launch lol :D

It convinced me that Nintendo are on to something and it tipped the balance to their side even more for me. But like Johelian said, I want them all :)

Donations are accepted.

At first I was thinking Nintendo has lost it and I was gonna skip getting the Revo. Then they revealed the controller!

Revo is now my most wanted console, 360 being pushed to second and PS3 last. I'll prolly now get a PS3 a few years after it's launch when it's cheap. I'll still get a 360 after Christmas though as I first intended. After all, it is out first...

yer same ere.

i thought nintendo was dead to be honest coz i thought the gamecube was wank! only coz of lack of 3rd party support.

the revolution is cool, plays dvds and probably cd mp3s, Wi-Fi, Online, wireless pads, backwards compatable with gamecube game, ability to download a back catologue of 1000s of older nintendo games...

One think that puzzles me, is were the hell does it store the games it downloads? has it got a hard drive maybe? i hope it does, even if it is small becuse like xbox, youll be able to update ur current game n stuff.

You store your downloaded games on an SD card. Then you can manage it all on your computer. This is also cool because I'm sure you'll be able to take your pictures from a digital camera (on an SD card) and put them into a game. For instance in Mario Kart, instead of seeing marios face going around the circuit map, you could replace it with your own picture....we'll see...

hasnt changed my mind! will be getting a Xbox 360 and then selling it try and make a bit of money and then awaiting the revolution release!

I'll still be getting an Xbox 360 as planned.

Yet to decide what else I might get.

Though I am tempted to buy a PSP when I'll be in the States a bit later this year.

I dont see why you are all so suprised. I always had total faith and was always planning on getting the Revolution no question.

Out of all the consoles the Revolution truely deserves the title - 'next-gen'

With or without the controller: My mind was 99% made up - Revolution for me. Maybe even on launch, if it is available here. I will only have one console this time round. That controller has re-ignited my excitement. Can't wait.

No, hasn't changed my mind. I'm getting a 360 in December at lauch, since I have the money, and I'm also getting a revolution at launch. One thing I can't afford, however is a PS3.

No. The only reason for me to get a PS3 would be FF7, and I'm not gonna spends loads of cash on it for just one game u_u;;;

I'm going with Nintendo, though expecting to have to get used to this new controller n_n;;;

I wasn't expecting too much so I'm not disappointed at all. n_n

yea, being student like i was only going to be able to get one console, and before the unveiling i hadnt much hope in the revolution and i was going to get an xbox 360. However seeing the controller the revlution is now a must buy. I'll just spend the 6-12 of waiting for it playing pc games and zelda.

Was always going to get the revolution, this justmakes me want it more. Undoubtedly Ill import as soon as the JPN or USA is chippable to play JPN AND USA games. My second console will be a PAL revolution when it comes out (exactly like I did with the N64 and Cube).

I would contemplate getting a Xbox or PS3 depending on price and games that are unavailble on rev - namely Pro Evo!!

You store your downloaded games on an SD card. Then you can manage it all on your computer. This is also cool because I'm sure you'll be able to take your pictures from a digital camera (on an SD card) and put them into a game. For instance in Mario Kart, instead of seeing marios face going around the circuit map, you could replace it with your own picture....we'll see...

The Revolution has been stated as having a 1/2 GB flash memory built-in, for your downloads/saved games, SD cards will only be needed if you wish to increase storage space and/or back-up your downloads to a PC.