Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How disgraceful am I that I still haven't finished this? It's certainly not because of a lack of hours, severe case of OCD. Barring a couple of hours last August, it's over 1 1/2 years since I've played this.

13432553704_d89f915b24_z.jpg

I blocked out characters to avoid spoilers.

How goes your progress @lostmario?

I wasn't able to get on it last night due to playing Mario Kart and the previous night I only moved the story forward slightly (just after that spoiler you posted the other day) and did a few sidequests as I watched the Liverpool match.

Methinks a MASSIVE session on this over the weekend is on the cards.

Good man.

I'm actually enjoying the fact that a few of us are playing this at the same time. It's giving me the motivation I need to get my finger out and try and try and finish this.

I've had it since release! I know how shocking that I've not completed it yet.

I just stopped playing it when the Wii U came out but now that there are a few playing it I do feel motivated to finish it.

I've had it since release! I know how shocking that I've not completed it yet.

I just stopped playing it when the Wii U came out but now that there are a few playing it I do feel motivated to finish it.

So have I, mate. This is the 3rd time I've started it again and hopefully this time will be the last. :D

I'm with you guys and Wii! Only every took one run at it, but really need to finish off. I might give it a crack tonight, start off to get used to it again then jump in on my old save(don't think I can face all them hours again). We shall see!

How goes your progress @lostmario?

I wasn't able to get on it last night due to playing Mario Kart and the previous night I only moved the story forward slightly (just after that spoiler you posted the other day) and did a few sidequests as I watched the Liverpool match.

Methinks a MASSIVE session on this over the weekend is on the cards.

Just got to a spot where I have to do four quests to open the doors.

Did a load of side quests, going to leave the rest until later on.

14 hours in, level 29.

All my characters are maxed out in learning their arts so need to find some intermediate books now.

I've had a great session on this today. I made my way to the Bionis Leg, added Tits McGee to my team and have just arrived at the Ether Mines. Again, loving the fact I can play this on the Gamepad and have the footy on in the background. :D

image_zps729399eb.jpg

How can you play it on the gamepad when its so awkward?

Dedicated 2 hours this afternoon to clearing almost all my current side quests, got 6-7 to do.

Once i've done those, I'm going to concentrate on rebuilding Colony 6.

Then I'll go back to the main story.

Trying to stretch this game out as much as possible with it being a long couple of months until MK8.

@Hero\-of\-Time, put the Swimming Oil armour on your Tits McGee

So many feels in this game. Dat Reyn time.

Of course. You still need to use your Wii controls on it though. It essentially acts as another screen/monitor for you.

Nintendo are the Kings of Stupidity for not allowing you to use the GamePad's buttons/sticks when using Wii games (or at least non-Wiimote controller games). BRB, handheld Wii videogame system.

I reached Frontier Village last night. This is where I stopped playing on my second playthrough, so hopefully I can get past that. :)This is also where I started losing interest in my first playthrough but I did get a little further that time.

wat-wat-wat-wat.jpg

That village was....d'aww. All those little 'pons. I think I spent hours just going around speaking to everyone and seeing how high up that village went. It's a lovely little area. All I can say is that I found that section and the areas after it completely awesome. Stick with it, brah.

I've got that music in my head right now.

Those Nopons were thick as fuck! Annoying aswell!

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of them either. They are just the token annoying/chirpy character that is in most JRPGs and I usually despise those.

I think the reason I stopped playing the game twice at around this point is due to the amount of sidequests that appear in Frontier Village. There is an INSANE amount to do and my gaming OCD requires me to complete them. I may have to tackle it in small bursts so I don't get burnt out again.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!