NEurope
Happenstance

Borderlands 2

I'll probably get it Monday on the PC, i'll be up for playing if you don't find another by then.

I'll probably get it Monday on the PC, i'll be up for playing if you don't find another by then.

Good good the more the merrier.

I remember why the co-op was so great with the first game: I had no job. The people I was playing with also had no jobs.

It was a nice idea to have the four of us going through the game, but I think our available times clash a bit too much. I'm still keen on going through it slowly.

In the meantime, I've started a single-player one as a siren. So far I've reached Sanctuary and done the first batch of side-quests from there. It's still brilliant in single-player, and exploring at your own pace is also nice.

yeah i feel like you don't have the time really explore when you're playing it in co-op, as you're always in a rush to beat the other person/people to the next area.

Started as a siren, same as the first one, and i'm really enjoying the Phaselocking. It seems much more useful that the Phasewalking, which i mainly just used for running away like a little child, rather than actually using it to kill anyone.

yeah i feel like you don't have the time really explore when you're playing it in co-op, as you're always in a rush to beat the other person/people to the next area.

Started as a siren, same as the first one, and i'm really enjoying the Phaselocking. It seems much more useful that the Phasewalking, which i mainly just used for running away like a little child, rather than actually using it to kill anyone.

IMO the siren was borderline broken/god mode in the first game. Specced right, enemies couldn't touch you, and if they did, phasewalking was always there to save your butt, plus it had a pretty short cooldown which could also be shortened, again by speccing right. And on top of that, the melee potential in phasewalking was fantastic along with the speed of the ground that you could cover and there was also a shockwave all decimating foes.

It was pretty much the most useful and awesome skill in the game. No way the other's came even close, apart from possibly Mordecai's bloodwing.

When you consider all this, the way Lilith is portrayed and revered in the second game makes sense.

How does this game work if you do co-op at different levels and/or different places?

IMO the siren was borderline broken/god mode in the first game. Specced right, enemies couldn't touch you, and if they did, phasewalking was always there to save your butt, plus it had a pretty short cooldown which could also be shortened, again by speccing right. And on top of that, the melee potential in phasewalking was fantastic along with the speed of the ground that you could cover and there was also a shockwave all decimating foes.

It was pretty much the most useful and awesome skill in the game. No way the other's came even close, apart from possibly Mordecai's bloodwing.

When you consider all this, the way Lilith is portrayed and revered in the second game makes sense.

Maybe you're right. i specced mine out to be a fire-thingy who set everything on fire, and barely needed to use the phasewalk most of the time. I still found that the melee was rubbish though, even specced to the max. I swear the melee in 2 is much more powerful now.

How does this game work if you do co-op at different levels and/or different places?

If the lower level is host, it's fine and will be easier.

If the higher level is host, it will be harder. If the higher level player is ahead, it won't count for the other player. I'm not sure about side-quests.

If the difference is too high, I don't think it lets you join or it may be invite-only.

As for location, you'll always be transported to where the host is.

I remember why the co-op was so great with the first game: I had no job. The people I was playing with also had no jobs.

I'm the same. While playing the original game I was working with my mates, so we all played at the same time. Now it's a nightmare trying to get together and most of the time we have 1 guy who has played loads of it and he ends up being over powered for the missions, which means he's killing everything as the rest of us are just essentially walking around.

The game isn't sitting right with me for a few mores reasons though. I'm finding it far too big and repetitive. Having to keep walking around from A to B while the same enemies keep spawning over and over again is getting very tiresome. Sure, it's the same as the original but I guess my tastes have changed over the years as the whole sandbox thing just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

What glitches have you had? I've hit level 16 on one character and 8 on a second, yet to experience any problems. Although I did panic and install the game after the disk started to make loud whirring noises a few hours in :p

I've only experienced one glitch where my co-op partner got stuck behind a box for about 5 minutes. Then he got out.

Gah I hate playing this with randoms. They skip through the dialogue so a) you can't tell what people are saying to you and b) you miss crucial mission info which screws up your chances of figuring out how to complete them. Really damn annoying but its the only way I get can into four player parties.

I had one mission from Dr.Z to kill a guy and collect something from his corpse but the item spawned below ground. Spent ages trying to find it. Turns put you had to leave area and come back etc.

Another one was on your typical 3 waves to defeat mission and after killing all of them in first wave, no new enemies came. I was locked in so couldn't get put to start again. Happened twice in a row!

Ignoring that I'm really enjoying the story and the dialogue, Handsome Jack is hilarious.

Ignoring that I'm really enjoying the story and the dialogue, Handsome Jack is hilarious.

Agreed. He's one of the best antagonists in a game in a long time. His line about about wanting to play a violin cracks me up every time.

Another great character in the game is Tiny Tina. She is simply hilarious and I wish there were more missions from her.

Me and my mate finally reached level 50 last night. We were all excited and set to beat the extra boss only to get owned! Better loot is in order methinks.

Is this a game which is mainly made for co-op? Since that's all I ever hear it being mentioned about.

If you're asking if you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of playing it in co-op than on your own, then yes, definitely.

I destroyed the extra boss last night with my mate but we had a little help. I helped some random guy off 360achievements.org to get an achievement and in exchange he dropped A LOT of orange loot for me, which included guns, shields, mods and relics. After that we took down the extra boss in about 8 seconds. :D

Started playing this last night with a friend from work. I love it! We're wondering if it might be better playing 4 player co-op, anyone want to join? ^_^

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Also I enjoy it on my own just as much.

I'm starting a new game with the mechromancer now, I'll join you Nightwolf if I'm on!

Edited by Ellmeister

The Mechromancer's skill tree is immense, a lot to wrap your head around and really you need to focus on a specific tree even more than the other four to get the most out of her. Lot of fun though, powerful pet and I like that you can stack time extensions with an ability in the first tree. First time I called the pet out though, it chased a Rakk out into the sky and half way across the map.

Mannn, I can laugh at eyeball-spooning and scagface jokes but damn

Blowing off Bloodwing's head, 2 ft in front of me? I have never wanted to kill a fictional character more than I want to kill Jack right now. Bloodwing was my pet in the whole first game. I literally sat back, jaw agape. Manly tears were almost shed.

Mannn, I can laugh at eyeball-spooning and scagface jokes but damn

Blowing off Bloodwing's head, 2 ft in front of me? I have never wanted to kill a fictional character more than I want to kill Jack right now. Bloodwing was my pet in the whole first game. I literally sat back, jaw agape. Manly tears were almost shed.

I was the same. I used that character on the first game as well.

Ive just read that the new DLC will hit next week!