N-Europe

X-Men Mafia II Game Thread

Paj!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Tide. Turned...

The group suddenly turned around, and aimed their attacks at the young man, who failed to protect himself in time. Shots to the knees crippled him before energy blasted him viciously through the wall.

Jayseven has been killed. He was Cannonball, a longstanding member of the X-Men and The New Mutants.

cannonball.jpg

photo-8.jpg

P.S HERE'S MOONSTAR

moonstar.jpg

THE DRAMATIC CONCLUSION! IF YOU ONLY READ THING THIS MONTH, MAKE IT THIS! THIS COULD BE WORTH $100,00 TO YOU!

The pretence had been dropped, and the remaining X-Men were suddenly brought to their senses. The women in front of them who'd just opened fire on a friend (and tricked one of their own to do the same) were none other than the Sisterhood of Mutants, led by the bitter ex-wife of leader Cyclops.

"Madelyne!" growled Cyclops. "This is unspeakable...what you've done, it's beyond anything in the past...nothing can justify this...whatever you felt about me and-"

"Oh shut up, you absolute idiot." retorted Madelyne, almost carefree. "Your friends are about as dead as my dear friend Chimera here is the new host of the Phoenix Force."

Chimera steps foward laughing with a voice that seemed to echo, green and orange flame dancing across her body.

"..Wait. Your tone suggests that those statements aren't true..." Chimera checks herself.

"Mm. I though I made this fucking clear. My resurrection/death/resurrection/mystical-Daemonic leanings have unravelled reality around me, turning everything within my sphere of influence absolutely fictional. We're being read, honey. Possibly even played. Who knows?" says Madelyne, chuckling.

"Ah don' know what the eff you're on about sugah but I don' believe fer a second that this giant tincan is magically going to NOT hit Earth just by wishing on a star!" yelped Rogue, one of the remaining X-Men.

"Don't question the Red Queen, Rogue!" screeched Lady Mastermind.

"Oh fuck off, Regan. Do you get off on threatening people who once almost trusted you?"

"You ne-"

"SILENCE! None of it matters as your entire history became fictional backstory the moment you arrived on this ship. Slash when I teleported you guys here." Madelyne said, gesturing at the Sisterhood.

"Oh. I wondered why I had no memory of getting here." mumbled Mastermind II.

"It's that greasy hair messing with your brainwaves." cackled Lady Mastermind.

"How is that even...an insult? Shut up." moaned Mastermind II, madonnagiffing.

Cyclops looked around as the women bickered amongst themselves. He looked to Domino, the third remaining X-Man, and she knew what she had to do. Rushing foward, she knocks the Red Queen Madelyne off her feet, before the Sisterhood descend upon her.

Cyclops and Rogue hurry to the controls of the ship, only to find they're just...fake. Like toys. The buttons merely being stickers on top of cheap plastic.

"What do we do, Saklops!?" wailed Rogue, panicked.

Silent and brooding, he turns to the women fighting behind him, Domino's luck powers causing the Sisterhood to do more damage to each other than her.

"Maddy!" he boomed, the cockpit going silent, except for the disconcerting rumblings as the ship approached Earth's atmosphere. "What was your..plan? You are aware of your powers, so what's the plan? Will this ship hit Earth or not? You were never insane, Maddy, you always had a plan."

Dusting herself off, and sweeping back her hair, she replied: "My 'plan', Scott, was to crash this ship into planet Earth to destory the menace that lies on the surface. One that arose since you left. You don't know it yet, but Earth is gone. A young boy met his/was assaulted by and fused with his Mummudrai* and his dormant mutant power to project harmless 3-D versions of his drawings manifested itself too soon and too powerfully. He reshaped reality in a matter of hours. He forgot to believe he was a boy possesed, instead now accepting he was always like this."

"...Um..ok. And you decide to DESTROY EARTH?!" Cyclops barked.

"I bargained on the boy spotting us before then and lowering us to safety to investigate what our intentions are, who these beings with schemes for his defeat are. As far as I can tell his powers don't extend outwith the planet. I think my own (fictional) sphere of (fictional) influence can counteract his, and maybe reverse all that has happened."

"How noble. Why the change of heart? You slags just killed the X-men!" growled Domino.

"Sorry, we were being written and played as typical villains. Technically the players always had the choice to reveal their roles at the start and prevent any bloodshed. How were they to know to do that though? They thought there would be winners and losers and stuff. This was probably meant to be a story. All the reality messing turned it into a mafia game. Anyway, we're realising we have a bigger cause to deal with now. Your friends will come back once the boy is defeated. It's all here in Destiny's Diaries." replied Madelyne.

"GASP! Where'd they come from! They're my mom's!" cried Rogue.

"Dunno, but I have them and that's what matters. Scott? What's your plan, leader?" Madelyne said, turning to him, a smug smile on her face.

"I..I can't think..." he groaned clutching his head in disbelief. "...Mm. Ok, we need to stop this boy...I...guess. He is only a boy with powers he doesn't understand outwith his control. If there's anyone better equipped to deal with such a child than the X-Men, I'd like to meet them. We're a team until this is over, and then we fight on equal terms Madelyne."

She smiles, and reaches out to shake his hand. Cyclops takes it, at once disgusted and reminded of the woman he once loved, the mother of his first child.

"I love the fact I never even changed my outfit once I betrayed the X-Men first time round!" laughed Lady Mastermind, pointing at her shiny red X-buckle, and giving Rogue (her former leader) a dirty look.

"To Earth, my X-Men." grinned Madelyne Pryor, the Red Queen.

-----------

The Sisterhood erased the X-Men that would oppose their takeover of the team. Were this a mafia game, they would have won.They won.

The turn is over but the game is not yet overit iswell done Sisterhood.

All drawings are courtesy of Chairdriver.

ReZourceman IS Madelyne Pryor, Red Queen!

redqueen.jpgjean.jpg

You are the leader of the Sisterhood of Mutants. Your goal is to destroy the X-Men and be the last affiliation standing. As the Leader, every night phase, you may designate one of the Sisterhood (including yourself) to carry out a night-kill. Whoever performs the night-kill sacrifices the chance to use their night power that phase in favour of carrying out the night-kill.

Puppet of the Goblyn Queen [Ability] – You have utter control over the X-Man Psylocke, though she doesn’t know this. You may designate her to perform the night-kill during the night phase as though she were affiliated with the Sisterhood.

Evil Twin [Ability] – You have psychically convinced Cyclops, your former husband, that you are in fact his great love, Jean Grey. You can speak to Cyclops outside the game thread via PM.

Psychic Ghost [Ability] – You are intangible, and as such cannot be night-killed.

Dannyboy-The-Dane IS Martinique Jason, Mastermind II!

mastermind.jpg

Deceptive Illusions [Night Power] – During the night phase you may PM me a paragraph of your own creation that will be inserted into the write-up the next day phase. You may not use bold or italics.

Rigging the Vote [Day Power] – During the day phase, after at least one vote has been cast (whether it be for a player or simply ‘No Lynch’), you may PM me indicating a vote a player has made, and you may change that vote to a different target. The change will appear in the next vote count, but your target won’t be aware of your meddling.

Diageo IS Regan Wyngarde, Lady Mastermind!

ladymastermind.jpg

Illusion of Trust [Day Power] – Choose a target. For the rest of the game, they will appear as the opposite affiliation if investigated, until you are removed from the game.

Mental Intrusion [Night Power] – Choose a target. You may choose who that player targets this night phase.

Marcamillian IS Rita Somethingorother, the deadly Spiral!

spiral.jpg

Magiques from Mojoworld [Night Power] – Choose a target. Your magical abilities silence them for the next day phase.

Speak My Name… [Ability] – Whenever your name is mentioned in the day phase, you learn a power of whoever says it.

Heroicjanitor IS Chimera (and now the new host of the all-consuming cosmic entity, The Phoenix Force!)

photo.jpg

Ectoplasmic Dragons [Night Power] – Choose a target. Your shimmering emerald energy dragons viciously attack the target, preventing them from doing anything during the night phase.

BONUS PHOENIX POWER! During the day you may post 'I burn through lies, X' in bold at any time, with X being the name of a player. PM me a post by that player and I'll tell you who they are and their power. Once per day. If you are to die, your killer becomes host to the Phoenix Force.

Lol madonnagiffing :p

Peeps felt like such an imposing force towards the end, it felt like he could bend the game to his will. If he had killed me we'd really have been screwed. But yeah, some fancy organisation skills saved the day in the end. Good game everyone, some awesome mechanics in this too. Like the first person to want to inspect the m'kraan pieces gets them, I liked that. For a more active player-base it can keep people on their toes. It was a good idea to have a townie killer the mafia can't kill, keeps people from just not doing anything to survive for the last few days since they have to plead their innocence.

@Diageo You were on a team who could do your stuff for you. But I see that as a problem with most mafia games anyway. Someone who says nothing generally survives longer than someone who is active, regardless of alignment.

So this is what it takes to win. General indifference, feigned ignorance and inactivity.

Dying is more fun.

This game made no sense, the mafia had so many stunning plans ready to set in motion - you had a potentially AMAZING power you barely used (but in complete fairness you never needed to!), but in the end the town just never got it's act together/was tricked/the info found was never from the right people. So you won without having to do much of anyone.

The mafia were barely targeted early on IIRC.

The townies were doomed by a certain behaviour I've been despising: not lynching on instinct, not being aggressive enough.

If they had, ReZ would've been lynched sooner (seriously, even an investigator finds him and you just ignore it? Urgh)

I also thought Dannyboy was clearly mafia, lately, but nobody would lynch him on no evidence. Diageo and Marcamillian I didn't suspect because they didn't speak much. Herojan came entirely from out of the blue, though (backstabbing Peeps, for once :heh:)

My power was frustrating. Simply improving powers doesn't give me much of an edge to begin with, but I had to send the PM before the day ended? That was so cringe-worthy, I failed to use my power at least 3 times.

Ugh, sorry town. I was so close to killing ReZ, especially near the end where it was just becoming more obvious. Once I'd killed Marcamillian I was about 65% sure ReZ was evil.

I damn near killed him first lol. I really need to just go with my instincts in these games! I always ignore them! He did so well to act town though, despite the incredibly damning evidence I ignored :(

I kept saying 'why is no one jumping on the vote for ReZ?' and the voice inside me was answering 'because he's mafia!'. FML :p

I also thought Dannyboy was clearly mafia, lately, but nobody would lynch him on no evidence. Diageo and Marcamillian I didn't suspect because they didn't speak much. Herojan came entirely from out of the blue, though (backstabbing Peeps, for once :heh:)

I'm really surprised I wasn't pointed out at that point in the game. I felt it was glaringly obvious by that time that I was mafia. :heh: But I guess it's easy to notice one's own mafia-like behaviour when you know you're mafia - being town really brings doubt and uncertainty into the picture.

Ugh, sorry town. I was so close to killing ReZ, especially near the end where it was just becoming more obvious. Once I'd killed Marcamillian I was about 65% sure ReZ was evil.

I damn near killed him first lol. I really need to just go with my instincts in these games! I always ignore them! He did so well to act town though, despite the incredibly damning evidence I ignored :(

I kept saying 'why is no one jumping on the vote for ReZ?' and the voice inside me was answering 'because he's mafia!'. FML :p

I'd apologise, but its nice to be on the other end of a Peeps-other-people-betrayal for once. :p

Nah, it was really good, honestly I had to think about everything I wrote in our forum and you played really well.

I enjoyed this game because it was so tense in my specific position and the roles were excellent.

(My own fake role)

Access To Cerebra [Night Power] – You have immense psychic capabilities and can operate the large machine Cerebra. Choose a target to have their mind investigated. You will discover their alignment and cannot be tracked or redirected as Cerebra ensures you reach the correct target.

Psychic Rapport [Ability] – You can communicate with your great love, Cyclops [The Peeps], out with the game thread, via PM.

Psychokinetic Barriers [Ability] – You have the ability to create psychokinetic barriers, and if you are targeted to be killed there is a 50% chance it will simply roleblock you.

Well done guys.

Loved all the story and roles etc. of this game but unfortunately, inactivity and long delays killed it.

So frustrating now knowing that I was being controlled to kill. I never thought of my character as "armoured", and by the time it came around to my lynch, there were enough mafia and enough inactives for them to have a real influence on it. First time I've ever been lynched as a townie. THANKS GUYS.

I was so sure at that point that herojan, Diageo and Dannyboy were mafia. Was unsure about ReZ/could slightly tell he was trying to win me over by saying he had a good investigation on me, and Marcamillian was so inactive it was hard to tell anything about him.

So Peeps, you were Cyclops and had ReZ talking to you the whole time?

I said ReZ wasn't an X-man so early on and no-one listened.

Can someone explain what was going on with my powers. I targeted Diageo and got that he was an X-man.

This game was so staggered and there was so much inactivity it completely ruined it for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing the roles as I'm sure their powers will be quite inventive.

the town just never got it's act together

The same could be said of the game's creator.

It was an OK mafia, maybe had potential to be better, but due to you not getting your act together (I'm not doubting there were some decent reasons), the game just went over the verge into the X-Men alternative reality of "Fucking boredomness"

Told you Diegao was mafia.

Long delays and breaks ruined this game much like it is doing to DIY mafia. I know people have RL things going on but if something comes up that can destroy a game like it has with these maybe the GMs should just call off the game even if it's half way through. This would let new people start there games.

It's one extreme to the other at the minute, pokemafia was over quicker than sex then these two have taken longer than puberty takes to come.

It's one extreme to the other at the minute, pokemafia was over quicker than sex then these two have taken longer than puberty takes to come.

How can you say the quickness of the Pokémafia was one extreme just because it actually adhered to its guidelines on how long phases last?

[plus it didn't help that the mafia was awesome]

Yeah I wasn't into by half-way through - I had stuff to do in RL, then just let them go on sometimes - sometimes people were late/never sent in actions, so it was always the maximum length at least, and then exceeded by my own lack of interest in the game (as nothing was happening when I felt it could be). It's a shame.

I'm planning my next one though, learning from what I hated in this one. I.e no info. I'd rather there was too much info and people were actually lynched.