N-Europe

DIY Video Game Mafia

MadDog

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My interpretation of the write up;

The special agent went about his business as normal, he found the pilot and did his thing Investigation/Roleblock/Or something. The pilot was out looking when a white coated character came to talk. The pilot then found the engineer, which confused the pilot Redirection. The flexible character was also hovering around, they then waited. Reverse tracker/Protector

The hat wearing character was on the look out Tracker/reverse tracker, until a Jamaican man changed the hat wearing characters plans Redirection. The hat wearing character then found the flexible character. The green character also found the hat wearing character. Track/Reverse track/protect/NOT roleblock.

The engineer tried to complete their task, but things were missing. ???

The green wearing woman found the suited men, by the time they said goodbye, it was already morning Jailkeep. The green wearing woman kept looking over her shoulder and seeing the blue eyed young woman there.

The wolf was racing around, trying to complete their actions for the night. By the end of the night, they came to a conclusion and returned home. Investigator of some kind...maybe power investigator.

The ash-white character wouldn’t stop until the desired target was found. The ash-white character found the armoured mans house, and just walked in. Ignores other peoples powers? Relentless? No idea.

The orange haired character was small, and on another day she might of **have escaped the computer. The trapdoor to a fiery death was ready and waiting, the orange haired character stepped on it and fell to her death.Computer is some kind of something that does not appear in the write up. Yvonne has eluded to being the computer thing from Portal. Portal has trap door type things?

Not a chance unless maddog neglected to inform me.

So you're an information gatherer. Shame you forgot to send in a target. :(

Jesus Christ, it's a crime to forget to send a target in is it? I even sent maddog a PM saying sorry for not sending a target and that I won't be inactive, I am looking forward to this game immensely now but being labelled from day 1 when their is nothing I can do about it is annoying!

I second this. I thought I had sent in in Pokemafia, but I didn't. Shit happens. Although I favour lynching Esequiel on principle alone.

Hmm, 6 people unaccounted for by my count.

I didn’t get any PM’s. But from the looks of it, there’s bound to be people roleblocked or redirected. Did anyone get a PM?

Hmm, I’ll go over the write-up more thoroughly later.

Mafia got lucky. Luck's a classic mafia tactic.

(ok i'll stop now)

[..]

Making good points? Classic townie tactic.

[..]

Sorry, couldn't resist, one last twist. Haven't actually read much of the thread.

Here's how it is Ese, ok, you may not be evil but we wanna lynch you/suspect you. Sure, you may NOT be mafia, and I understand not wanting to share too much too soon, but the pressure vote encourages the tit for tat 'ok, i'll give you SOMETHING' if not the counter to the point made against you.

However, given your point blank refusal/reaction, I'm more than happy to keep my vote on you/lynch you and pay that price if you're town, cos to be so anti/obstructive is hardly going to work in our favour.

So yeah, totally keeping my vote on Ese after all tbh.

The special agent went about his business as normal, he found the pilot and did his thing Investigation/Roleblock/Or something. The pilot was out looking when a white coated character came to talk. The pilot then found the engineer, which confused the pilot Redirection. The flexible character was also hovering around, they then waited. Reverse tracker/Protector

The hat wearing character was on the look out Tracker/reverse tracker, until a Jamaican man changed the hat wearing characters plans Redirection. The hat wearing character then found the flexible character. The green character also found the hat wearing character. Track/Reverse track/protect/NOT roleblock.

The green wearing woman found the suited men, by the time they said goodbye, it was already morning Jailkeep. The green wearing woman kept looking over her shoulder and seeing the blue eyed young woman there.

The wolf was racing around, trying to complete their actions for the night. By the end of the night, they came to a conclusion and returned home. Investigator of some kind...maybe power investigator.

The ash-white character wouldn’t stop until the desired target was found. The ash-white character found the armoured mans house, and just walked in. Ignores other peoples powers? Relentless? No idea.

The orange haired character was small, and on another day she might of **have escaped the computer. The trapdoor to a fiery death was ready and waiting, the orange haired character stepped on it and fell to her death.Computer is some kind of something that does not appear in the write up. Yvonne has eluded to being the computer thing from Portal. Portal has trap door type things?

You forgot the blue eyed woman. Seems to follow the green wearing woman. Tracker or protector are the only ones that I would think of that follow a person around I guess.

Yeah I think I read that wrong. Not sure how to see that whole situation.

---------

I have just received a text message from Dannyboy-the-Dane stating that against his expectations, the internet access at his hotel - he is having trouble with. He suggested replacement, but...if this phase is long anyway, maybe we'll see what happens.

I'm sorry guys, I don't have anything to add for the moment because I didn't send in a target. I just posted to show I'm not being inactive or anything.

Also, I'm not in the write-up either from what I can see and I'm not going to give any information about me either because it's the first day.

So, of Esequiel is maff, it's safe to say that Dazz is too. Nice backing up there! :p

(in case people didn't get, that was a joke as Dazz pops into the thread he has nothing to add but did exactly the same as Esequiel, helping to prove his point. Then he says immediately that he won't answer any questions or tell anyone about himself. I just thought it was funny/extremely interesting)

Can't tell if serious or tactic to draw out mafia.

To me Esequiel has done nothing. I agree that it's easy to forget that you didn't send a target etc.

He didn't do anything, that is true. That led to questioning why, and him getting overly defensive, which is something he did do, and so I feel not too bad lynching him on that. Don't forget we're on time limited phases this game.

So, of Esequiel is maff, it's safe to say that Dazz is too. Nice backing up there! :p

(in case people didn't get, that was a joke as Dazz pops into the thread he has nothing to add but did exactly the same as Esequiel, helping to prove his point. Then he says immediately that he won't answer any questions or tell anyone about himself. I just thought it was funny/extremely interesting)

I'll be honest, I hadn't read anything when I posted that because me and my friends were going to go out to the cinemas to see the obvious but had a change of plan/friends can suck! :p

I've read it and I must admit though, I can't see how Esequiel is Mafia just because he says he didn't target anybody. I rarely target people on the first night, it doesn't mean jack shit. I just think it's extremely unfair for you to call him that with no proof.

Also, it's the first bloody night, how can you honestly trust anybody in this game yet? I don't trust nobody but I'm not going to go pointing fingers either.

Nintendohnut, right now, you're on my suspect list purely because the Nintendohnut I've observed in these games wouldn't blatantly come out saying Esequiel is Mafia without anything solid. Saying something like "He's mafia because he forgot to target someone!" is a bit weak, dude. Unless you were totally joking about that part to which I doubt you are because I'm sure you voted for him on that reason.

Vote: Nintendohnut

Also, it's the first bloody night, how can you honestly trust anybody in this game yet? I don't trust nobody but I'm not going to go pointing fingers either.

Nintendohnut, right now, you're on my suspect list purely because the Nintendohnut I've observed in these games wouldn't blatantly come out saying Esequiel is Mafia without anything solid. Saying something like "He's mafia because he forgot to target someone!" is a bit weak, dude. Unless you were totally joking about that part to which I doubt you are because I'm sure you voted for him on that reason.

o rly.

I would like to know who redirected me and to whom - if that is indeed what happened.

I haven't actually seen that many people vote yet.

However, this is a time limited day phase game, if we dawdle on voting etc, all the mafia have to do is the (lol) actual classic mafia tactic of just laying low/not doing or saying much and killing, waiting things out.

No Diageo, i think he was just probing. I targetted no one, i wasnt sent anywhere and nothing happened. The cake is a lie.

Being the Cake would have been a fantastic idea for a character lol. Seriously though, do you still absolutely insist on giving nothing at all about yourself?

So that is....about three people who claim to not be in the write up. Do you other people who state you are not in the write up know why you might not be? Is there a game reason? Because with the high amount of people who ARE in it....it would appear everyone gets a mention unless there is a game specific reason. i.e. someone blatantly has a "don't appear in write up" power.

And Esequiel, what would you do if someone said that they reverse tracked someone and got told that that player was targeted by you?

So ReZ got that Esequiel targeted someone through reverse tracking. If he didn't send a target, could Esequiel really be redirected?

Are you or are you not one of those trackers ReZ? Cos if you are then surely you got something? Though I guess at early days like this the information is still shallow, just want to confirm what you're saying.

The special agent went about his business as normal, he found the pilot and did his thing Investigation/Roleblock/Or something. The pilot was out looking when a white coated character came to talk(another character/power??). The pilot then found the engineer, which confused the pilot Redirection. The flexible character was also hovering around, they then waited. Reverse tracker/Protector

The engineer/white coated character and the pilot(was that The Peeps?) thing confuses me, I'm not sure it's as straightforward as you've made it, it seems we've got too many people with the same character and didn't Peeps say he's officially confused? If he is, then I doubt it's just a re-director and more of an effect. That white coated character has sought The Peeps out, and the engineer could just have some sort of defense OR the white coated character could be a target swapper/re-director whilst the special agent is something else.

Being the Cake would have been a fantastic idea for a character lol. Seriously though, do you still absolutely insist on giving nothing at all about yourself?

I see no reason to share any information about myself, there is nothing that will benefit the town.

I'll be honest, I hadn't read anything when I posted that because me and my friends were going to go out to the cinemas to see the obvious but had a change of plan/friends can suck! :p

I've read it and I must admit though, I can't see how Esequiel is Mafia just because he says he didn't target anybody. I rarely target people on the first night, it doesn't mean jack shit. I just think it's extremely unfair for you to call him that with no proof.

1) I haven't voted for him

2) I never said he was mafia. I said I found the whole thing highly suspicious and gave several reasons, but I never said he was a mafioso.

3) Why do you 'rarely' target people on the first night? That's ridiculous! What if you were an investigator, protector, a Roleblocker, anything?! You should always use your power - simply not using it because you don't know who people are is silly as there is absolutely not chance of you getting any information. Even if you target the wrong person you still gain something from it.

4) I wanted to point out the lolworthyness of you saying you aren't pointing fingers in one paragraph and then accusing and voting for me in the next, but The Peeps already got there.

5) I would hasten to point out the recent discussion that was had in the general mafia thread about behavior and what people expect. If my behavior is different in this game, perhaps its because I've decided to change it in order to be unpredictable? :p

1) I haven't voted for him

2) I never said he was mafia. I said I found the whole thing highly suspicious and gave several reasons, but I never said he was a mafioso.

3) Why do you 'rarely' target people on the first night? That's ridiculous! What if you were an investigator, protector, a Roleblocker, anything?! You should always use your power - simply not using it because you don't know who people are is silly as there is absolutely not chance of you getting any information. Even if you target the wrong person you still gain something from it.

4) I wanted to point out the lolworthyness of you saying you aren't pointing fingers in one paragraph and then accusing and voting for me in the next, but The Peeps already got there.

5) I would hasten to point out the recent discussion that was had in the general mafia thread about behavior and what people expect. If my behavior is different in this game, perhaps its because I've decided to change it in order to be unpredictable? :p

1) Ah, sorry about that, my bad but I do still find you suspicious because of your behaviour. Remove Vote.

2) But even saying that he is suspicious because he forgot/didn't target on the first night isn't really a valid reason for suspicion. Not in my eyes anyway.

3) I don't do it because I don't know who people are. If I were an investigator and can find people's alignments, I'd use it then but not if I was a protector or a roleblocker or anything like that. The last thing I want to do is protect a Mafia or roleblock someone who's useful to us. What would you gain useful? Somebody being roleblocked who could be of value to the town? I'm not saying they would be but there's always that risk and considering I kind of suck at Mafia games, I'm not risking it.

4) That's fine but my post is more solid than yours. I find you suspicious because you're finding someone highly suspicious for not targeting. I find you suspicious because of the way you're behaving and the way you're being towards somebody who you don't know yet and could be on our side. If it was the third night, you'd have a point but it's literally when nobody knows anything.

5) I don't think you have and I would also like to say that you may be trying something different but again, that reason was a little bit weak to me. It just seems like you'll use whatever reason, however tiny and minute, to find him suspicious. As I said, I expect something like this on the third night but it's a bit weird you doing this on the first and it's making me quite suspicious of you. :hmm:

Of course, I could be wrong and I probably am but there's just something off about it.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to make sure I answered your points. :)