N-Europe

Tales of Xillia

Emerald Emblem

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this today, will play it after I finish Dream Team Bros.

The "artbook" is a joke.

For some reason the 'full' artbook is only in the Milla Maxwell Collector's Edition.

So who did everyone start with then?

I think I'll probably go with Jude, only because people seem to think its better to start with him? I've gotta be honest though, I'm looking forward more to playing as Milla but they both look like decent characters. :)

Why is Jude better? I started with Milla.

Up to the third boss battle now(still excluding the tutorial), still on hard. It gets very, very cheap halfway through(the battle). It's so cheap I'm considering giving up on the hard playthrough. It just wasn't fun.

I think I will go from hard to normal(so hard>moderate>normal). When a random fight took 3-4 minutes I should have gotten the cue.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Brilliant! It's good to know that the humour is still there, I started playing this late last night, I was really tired but once I actually got playing I kept going for a good hour and a half. :D

I'm really liking this game a lot so far, everything just seems to 'click' so I'm very glad that we finally got this and even based on the first moments of this title I will welcome the sequel with open arms when it arrives. :)

But for now I can see myself playing this through to the end quite easily.

The Battle System is amazing. Playing on hard and the enemies are giving me a hard (heh) time.

But that makes it much more intense. You cannot just simply bash them into oblivion, you have to guard and attack at the right time, use links and Link-Artes wisely. Very enjoyable.

On my way to the first quest (sub-event). Been fighting monster to get some cash for better equipment and upgrading shops. :)

I've just finished chapter 1 and have enjoyed every minute of the game so far.

I decided to do a bit of level grinding earlier and found a great spot. I went from level 19 all the way to level 30 in half an hour. I was getting an insane amount of experience from the enemies but also because I was eating some food that gave me exp boost.

All the characters have been great, well apart from Leia. Why is it that just about every JRPG has to have some stupid, overly hyper female character in it? They always annoy the hell out if me! Needless to say she wont be getting used.

I think i'll call it a day now as i've been on it since 8 this morning!

Oh and Alvin is still THE man. :D

I've just finished chapter 1 and have enjoyed every minute of the game so far.

I decided to do a bit of level grinding earlier and found a great spot. I went from level 19 all the way to level 30 in half an hour. I was getting an insane amount of experience from the enemies but also because I was eating some food that gave me exp boost.

All the characters have been great, well apart from Leia. Why is it that just about every JRPG has to have some stupid, overly hyper female character in it? They always annoy the hell out if me! Needless to say she wont be getting used.

I think i'll call it a day now as i've been on it since 8 this morning!

Oh and Alvin is still THE man. :D

Come on, Leia is great :p

I think I found the same levelling spot as you. I was just doing a sidequest when I stumbled upon the place. Went from lv 22 to 31 with ease, although I had a few close calls with the gentlemen.

Come on, Leia is great :p

I think I found the same levelling spot as you. I was just doing a sidequest when I stumbled upon the place. Went from lv 22 to 31 with ease, although I had a few close calls with the gentlemen.

Yup, that's the place. :D I may go back there and grind a little more if possible. Although it may not be worth it at my current level.

I got my team to level 45 today, as well as getting my weapon shop to level 70. I've got some awesome weapons at my disposal now.

Another couple of skits had me in stitches today. One involved bazongas and the other stalkers. :D

The story is really starting to come together nicely, with each of the characters back stories now getting revealed and coming into play.

I've found that Milla's voice has really grown on me and I can see why they chose to play it that way. She is very focused and calculated and as such the voice is very fitting.

How far are you into the game?

I'm back at the place where it all began and at lv 42 and 30 hours played(yes I have lots of free time...). Planning on platinuming the game so each area is carefully explored and every monster seen is beaten. I change the difficulty based on how long the battles take, ideally a minute. For the most part I have stayed on Hard.

I agree about the voice, the choice does make sense.

Just had to buy the swimsuits for Leia and Milla :p

How far are you into the game?

I'm back at the place where it all began and at lv 42 and 30 hours played(yes I have lots of free time...). Planning on platinuming the game so each area is carefully explored and every monster seen is beaten. I change the difficulty based on how long the battles take, ideally a minute. For the most part I have stayed on Hard.

I agree about the voice, the choice does make sense.

Just had to buy the swimsuits for Leia and Milla :p

I'm 18 hours, level 46 and have just reached Kanbalar. I've also been doing all the sub quests and killing all new monsters. I'm aiming for the platinum as well. :D