Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

That's been our problem, the finishing of chances. We have been the better team in near enough all our matches apart from a few, yet our points tally doesn't reflect that. When we start putting them away we will be really good, and capable of beating anyone.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been our problem, the finishing of chances. We have been the better team in near enough all our matches apart from a few, yet our points tally doesn't reflect that. When we start putting them away we will be really good, and capable of beating anyone.

The thing is that you don't always need to be the best team in the league or play the best football to get into the top four. (it's even debatable what being the "best" is). The real challengers are the ones who grind out games and find ways to win.

If something were to happen to Suarez, I do think Liverpool would suffer. Players go off the boil at some point in the season, so you have to ask where the goals will come from. I think they'll just miss the top four, personally.

Unless Kenny buys in January, which he might do.

Any team would suffer without their best player. Without Suárez i would be slightly worried, then again, any team in the world would miss someone of his quality.

Our squad isn't the best in the league, but it's the 11 you put out that matters most. Take it game-by-game, and we can challenge for a top 4 spot.

We have played all the other big teams (Chelski, Arsenal, United, City, Spurs) and were the better team in all but the Spurs game. If we can start scoring goals as good as we are playing, then we will be a real force.

You played an incredibly disjointed and depleted Arsenal side (one which had yet to sell Nasri). And if my memory serves me correctly (I've tried to forget our horrendous start to the season) both Liverpool's goals had a hint of offside in them.

When we meet again it could be very different.

You played an incredibly disjointed and depleted Arsenal side (one which had yet to sell Nasri). And if my memory serves me correctly (I've tried to forget our horrendous start to the season) both Liverpool's goals had a hint of offside in them.

When we meet again it could be very different.

You can only beat the team put out in front of you. :p

Imagine if that was actually true though. Spain with Ronaldo would be amazing to watch.

It'd be interesting, but i'm not sure whether it would improve them.

He's selfish, Spanish play is the complete opposite. He would have to work hard to adjust.

Waheyyy! :)

Bellamy deserves massive credit after putting in a stunning performance like he did, top man. Coates was brilliant, really like what I've seen of him, looks a fantastic player. Maxi gets his usual goal. I was delighted when Kelly scored. He's been amazing for us in every game he has played, deserved that goal. Really hope Lucas isn't badly injured, would be a giant miss.

Really happy with the result.

@Ellmeister :p :D:heart:

Last night's game was hugely frustrating. I think Palace honestly deserved to win, just because we produced so little up front. I was literally screaming for the wingers to cross the ball towards the end because every attack ended up becoming a 'pass it across the front of the box' situation. Palace defended really well, but there was just no creativity from United at all, and they just never looked like they were going to score.

I would suggest that Palace's winning goal was just as offside as Hernandez was against Newcastle at the weekend, but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered all too much I don't think. It seems we're not getting the decisions at the moment, so we'll hopefully get a bit of luck heading our way after Christmas to balance out the Karma. Still, good luck to Palace, they must be chuffed with their draw against Cardiff as it increases their chances of getting to the final.

On a sort-of related note, the commentary team for last night's match was genuinely awful. I don't know who the Scottish guy was but we was absolutely awful.

Lucas out for the season..

That's a BIG loss :sad: He's my favourite player these days and has been for a while now.. he won't be easy to replace for the rest of the season :hmm:

You have to really admire Lucas for coming through all the abuse he recieved earlier in his Liverpool career to become a player that a lot of us now feel we may struggle without. Hopefully he'll be back to his best in time for a Champions League campaign next season..

Last night's game was hugely frustrating. I think Palace honestly deserved to win, just because we produced so little up front. I was literally screaming for the wingers to cross the ball towards the end because every attack ended up becoming a 'pass it across the front of the box' situation. Palace defended really well, but there was just no creativity from United at all, and they just never looked like they were going to score.

I would suggest that Palace's winning goal was just as offside as Hernandez was against Newcastle at the weekend, but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered all too much I don't think. It seems we're not getting the decisions at the moment, so we'll hopefully get a bit of luck heading our way after Christmas to balance out the Karma. Still, good luck to Palace, they must be chuffed with their draw against Cardiff as it increases their chances of getting to the final.

On a sort-of related note, the commentary team for last night's match was genuinely awful. I don't know who the Scottish guy was but we was absolutely awful.

The game was terrible last night. The passing and movement in midfield was bad. No other word for it. Just so, so bad.

Palace deserved the win, but there's some deadwood in the United squad. Diouf won't be here next summer, and I'll be surprised if Macheda is still here as well. Chris Smalling was clearly better than any of other players on the pitch, by quite some distance.

I have been wondering for some time if there's a coaching problem at United. We just haven't looked quite the same since Queiroz left.

Was at the Arsenal on Tuesday night and was so proud of the fight we put up against the moneybags of City. Nasri was totally outplayed by Frimpong, Coquelin and Benayoun, and it felt great to shout abuse at him all night. In contrast, Toure got a decent reception. And I can't say how much I was impressed by The Ox. Definitely going to be an integral part of our team very soon. With him, Wilshere and Theo, we will have a very strong English core.

If only Chamakh was any good, we would have won that. It felt like City only had one other chance all match other than the one they scored.

Oh, and lol at Spurs being pretty much out of Europe.

Was at the Arsenal on Tuesday night and was so proud of the fight we put up against the moneybags of City. Nasri was totally outplayed by Frimpong, Coquelin and Benayoun, and it felt great to shout abuse at him all night. In contrast, Toure got a decent reception. And I can't say how much I was impressed by The Ox. Definitely going to be an integral part of our team very soon. With him, Wilshere and Theo, we will have a very strong English core.

If only Chamakh was any good, we would have won that. It felt like City only had one other chance all match other than the one they scored.

Oh, and lol at Spurs being pretty much out of Europe.

This.

I absolutely thought Koscielny was class too, was everywhere all night, even made Squillaci look decent enough. Really can't believe how good he's been this season. If you're paring the centre halves on form, it's got to be TV and LK for me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!