Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insanely frustrating match. We dominated the whole game, start to finish. On another day the penalty wouldn't of been given and we would of had 1 certain one, and maybe a couple of others. They defended well though. I haven't got a clue how Henderson missed 3 times in 3 seconds, and Adam then did the same.

Overall we were by far the better team, which is positive, but obviously the result is disappointing.

A great result today. Not an easy place to go to at all, but what a performance. The front four of Rooney, Hernandez, Young and Nani just look so good.

The downside is that Cleverley is probably going to be out for a while. That's a big downside, considering that this is the first time I remember us having a consistent midfield four playing together. Anderson should definitely still play, but it's a case of who is going to partner him for the next game. :hmm:

It's still really early, but every team will go through a patch where their form will slightly dip. But, it should be shaping up to be a good season.

(Go Brightonooooo)

So I totally didn't swap Aguero for Dzeko on fantasy football...

Ah well. If Cabaye scores a hatrick tomorrow it'll be worth it :heh:

In more pressing news, Cleverly looks to be injured quite badly. Dam. I was starting to take quite a shine to the lad.

I'm tempted to get rid of Bent out of my team, but I'm not sure who to replace with. I've already got 3 United players, so can't think about Rooney. I'm tempted to put Suarez in there, but Kenny is seemingly alternating between him and Carroll, so not sure.

It's a shame what's happened to Tom Cleverley. But, he'll recover and come back strong. I like him a lot and he's formed a great partnership with Anderson in midfield. They both just need to sort their finishing out.

We were very fortunate yesterday, but I'll take a 1-0 win at this stage. Need to build confidence and get our new players use to the team and how we play. Incredibly lucky with the goal, but it was well struck from Arshavin from a difficult angle.

Scousers, you were robbed. Never a penalty. Who knew Stoke's hard men could pirouette with the best of them.

Suárez would be the best choice for your fantasy team, no chance of him getting dropped.

Hmm, will he be alternated with Carroll(Sp?) quite a bit?

As for the penalty, harsh but you can also see why it was given. You're really not allowed these days to put your arms/hands on an opponent in the box.

Hmm, will he be alternated with Carroll(Sp?) quite a bit?

As for the penalty, harsh but you can also see why it was given. You're really not allowed these days to put your arms/hands on an opponent in the box.

If fit Suárez will play every game without doubt, he's been immense so far this season. Carroll hasn't started brilliantly, but i think he'll start scoring eventually.

If fit Suárez will play every game without doubt, he's been immense so far this season. Carroll hasn't started brilliantly, but i think he'll start scoring eventually.

He's a good player, but I'm not sure how it'll work with both him and Carroll playing with Kenny's system. I haven't paid too much attention to Liverpool so far, but do they play with one up top?

I might just bite the bullet and add him instead of Bent. He'll probably score more and maybe get more assists, too.

Edit: Phewww! Tom Cleverley has not broken his foot, just suffered ligament damage. Maybe four weeks. Could have been a lot worse.

Thank god.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

We've been playing 4-4-2, yesterday we lined up Henderson on the right, Adam and Lucas in the middle and Downing on the left. Suárez floats everywhere, he basically gets given a free role, and Kuyt stays up top. I'd swap Kuyt for Carroll, straight switch.

Norwich vs West Brom

Fulham vs Blackburn

'Super' Sunday indeed.

Lets be fair, every team deserves to be on the box. It's not just about the big boys. Unfortunately it's Sky's shite marketing and the crap footballing culture they've created. They hype their coverage up so much, when other teams get their shout they get these reactions.

Lets be fair, every team deserves to be on the box. It's not just about the big boys. Unfortunately it's Sky's shite marketing and the crap footballing culture they've created. They hype their coverage up so much, when other teams get their shout they get these reactions.

I think you have a valid point if it's about the first game, because it's unfair on Norwich and West Brom, who both play good football.

The second game however, nooooo. Blackburn are a fucking mess and have played bad football for a good while now. I'd rather have seen Blackpool or Birmingham stay up at their expense. How Steve Kean got the job and stayed in it is beyond me, no way should he be managing a Top Flight club.

I'd say thats Liverpools title charge over then. :indeed:

Seemed a harsh pen to concede and we seemed to create numerous chances which is something you don't expect to get at the Britannia. Hopefully we can keep playing with this freedom Kenny has instilled.

Will Chelsea be able to keep pace with the two Manchester clubs?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!