Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

A friend admitted feelings for me. I had to turn down due to the one thing that could destroy any relationship, complete opposite desires in what you want in life. It'd be doomed for failure if we went for it. We both know it :/

I know, you guys will tell me to suck it up and have some fun, but I really don't think it's right to do it when there's zero chance of a long term future.

I miss the times when I was striking out. Things weren't as complicated haha. Ah well, a couple of matches on Tinder surprisingly came yesterday. Time to strike out on those :p #MissionSerebii

Edited by Serebii

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

A friend admitted feelings for me. I had to turn down due to the one thing that could destroy any relationship, complete opposite desires in what you want in life. It'd be doomed for failure if we went for it. We both know it :/

I know, you guys will tell me to suck it up and have some fun, but I really don't think it's right to do it when there's zero chance of a long term future.

I miss the times when I was striking out. Things weren't as complicated haha. Ah well, a couple of matches on Tinder surprisingly came yesterday. Time to strike out on those :p #MissionSerebii

How opposite? are you sure you couldn't find a happy compromise or make it work? I know of relationships where they live very different lives but keep together

Made out with my hot 18 year old friend again last night. While I don't mind that the couple of times we've hooked up have been completely casual, it's kind of frustrating in a way that we're at completely different stages of life/live miles and miles apart, if things were a bit different maybe there could be something there because we're really great friends and have really good chemistry with each other, but as it is, I don't think there is any way either of us would consider a relationship, it wouldn't work at all.

I'll just enjoy it for what it was, never thought I'd be in this kind of situation, or was that kind of to have someone who is turning out to be a sort of friend with benefits! Who knows, nothing may ever happen between us again but it's a nice feeling to know there's the potential there!

It's all about the kids. I want them, she's vehemently against them. Doomed to failure. That's like the one difference that can break any relationship

Ahh yeah that would do it, My Girlfriend is indifferent to them and i want them and that is causing me enough friction, so if she's already dead set against them i'd say don't

That said i've known people split up over such issues and then the one who didn't want kids had them.....

Ahh yeah that would do it, My Girlfriend is indifferent to them and i want them and that is causing me enough friction, so if she's already dead set against them i'd say don't

That said i've known people split up over such issues and then the one who didn't want kids had them.....

I've known people like that too, but not going to risk it. There are other factors too, but I could get past them. I can't get past that.

Just staying friends.

Yeah I know what you mean, you cant really forfeit that.

There is a possibility she may change her mind later on down the line, especially into their 30s as female hormones kick in and they get the whole biological clock ticking thing. You're kinda having to bank on something that may never happen though.

Well you'll know her best in that sense so maybe its the right decision, but is it worth talking to her just to be certain? if its a no with the clause of not for 5 years it worth it? if its absolutely never then it could only ever be a fling and then you've the will you stay friends after thing to worry about