NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

Oh my god! :-)

That's a lower score than I was expecting from Gametrailers.

"No fishing" - good. Never understood the obsession.

I've got to say, the Gametrailer's review is one of the fairest reviews of a game I've seen. It's true what they say about how much video games have evolved over the last 5 years, I'm looking forward to how Zelda evolves.

Two things that reviews are mentioneing that annoys me slightly. Firstly, little sidequests, which frustrates me because WW had loads! Secondly, the fact there isn't a warp system. Now, I've just been replaying Twilight Princess and the ability to have Midna warp you places made the game a lot less frustrating!

Oh my god! :-)

That's a lower score than I was expecting from Gametrailers.

"No fishing" - good. Never understood the obsession.

SPOILER FREE THREAD :(

Just tried to log in to my shopto account and it says that I have to reset my password, and reenter my card details for security.

This is really weird, never had anything like this before and didn't even get an email about it. So am wondering if it's genuine, and if anyone else is having the same issue as I don't want to change my password or card details

ShopTo won't even let me register at all for some reason, @Dog\-amoto :hmm: I tried to sign up a couple of weeks ago and when I entered my card details, nothing happened :nono:

Ack crap I only just remembered I gotta go to Dublin for my cousins son's birthday party on Saturday and won't get back till Sunday evening likely... damn I'll have Zelda for 1 day and then be forced into a 2 day cold turkey :cry:

Damn family getting in the way of my gaming :heh:

03. The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement [10:31]

06. Twlight Princess Symphonic Movement [10:31]

Really hyped for these.

To be fair to @Dante, the things he posted were "negative spoilers", ie. certain things are not in it! I honestly think we could have just one thread if people were sensible and hid major spoilers properly (like characters etc).

I've had two amusing Wii remote related accidents in the last 24 hours playing this. First, I was using an item that sometimes requires you to make a bowling motion. I put my arm over the side of my chair, lowered the remote... and dunked it into a hot cup of tea! (And it wasn't even wearing its protective life jacket at the time...) Second, I was fighting a returning enemy who you have to jab in the eye (a very satisfying update, same as most of the returning creatures). I thrust the remote forward, and accidentally jabbed my poor cat, who was sitting on my knee, in the back, making her leap off in surprise!

Perhaps this is the reason that most Wii games have been so unadventurous in the motion control department up to now! ;)

I've had two amusing Wii remote related accidents in the last 24 hours playing this. First, I was using an item that sometimes requires you to make a bowling motion. I put my arm over the side of my chair, lowered the remote... and dunked it into a hot cup of tea! (And it wasn't even wearing its protective life jacket at the time...) Second, I was fighting a returning enemy who you have to jab in the eye (a very satisfying update, same as most of the returning creatures). I thrust the remote forward, and accidentally jabbed my poor cat, who was sitting on my knee, in the back, making her leap off in surprise!

Perhaps this is the reason that most Wii games have been so unadventurous in the motion control department up to now! ;)

:laughing: That's just great.

Not keen on the negative spoilers myself either, very annoying.

Plus....5 days! Hoping ShopTo get themselves together. Makes me very jealous seeing some of you folk already having the game in this thread! I've got meetings on thursday and friday so I probably can't even skip work! :(

Sorry guys, didn't think it was much of a spoiler, but guess I didn't think full stop.

To be fair Goron_3 put in a bigger spoiler about warping though that wasn't even in Dante's original post!

Secondly, the fact there isn't a warp system. Now, I've just been replaying Twilight Princess and the ability to have Midna warp you places made the game a lot less frustrating!

I think with flying, the whole world will be a lot easier and faster to travel across, so I don't think that'll be an issue.

I'm not missing warping really - I'm still enjoying the game's new mode of transport too much. It really doesn't take too long to get from place to place.

Typically I live in hope I get a game early in the post. Not this time, I've offered to work Wednesday night, I'll kick myself if it turns up Thursday. :blank:

Did I spoil anything? I mean... I haven't seen anything and know nothing of the game... but judging by the name and the game cover... it's kind of obvious, I think??

I know this is a spoiler-free thread but seeing as it has already been posted regarding the GT review, I have a question about the save system which I will now spoiler...

What do they mean by 'there aren't enough save ppints' e.g does the game have a Majora's Mask style save system or can you actually save anywhere except from when in a dungeon where the system perhaps changes?

Did I spoil anything? I mean... I haven't seen anything and know nothing of the game... but judging by the name and the game cover... it's kind of obvious, I think??

Maybe not you specifically, but encouraging discussion on a spoiler someone else posted also begets more spoilers. I was just posting a warning to remind people there is a proper thread for further discussion on the subject.

Man, this is totally how religious sects get born... xD "No, too many spoilers even here, we're gonna make our own thread...and call it the TRUE Spoiler-Free Zelda: Skyward Sword thread! Yes, with a hyphen!

Honestly, I'm a bit scared of reading anything in this thread anymore... o_O

Edited by Ville

There's one way to stop yourself from coming across spoilers:

Stop going on the internet.

Those who are whining about seeing spoilers have themselves to blame too.