NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

With any other game I'd call you out for being a drama queen, but man, I am jonesing for some Zelda :heh: so jealous that others have received theirs. If mine isn't delivered on Friday I'll go out and get it from the supermarket and return the other one!

I managed to have a 20 minute play just setting the game up and such last night, amazing watching the opening scenes and not having a clue about some of the characters in the game or the storyline :) Game is so far really colourful, bright and wonderful, no real issues with motion controls yet but at the beginning the pointer on screen (which I wasnt sure whether it was using the IR on the TV or using the motion plus controls) felt a little slow. Can't wait to have a proper session on it when I get home tonight!

I've been up since 6am this morning waiting for the mail even though i know it doesn't usually come untill 11:45am or so.

I just wanna play it!! >__<

I read Gamespot's review and it was very well-reasoned. I'm glad we've still got some honest reviewers, rather than those who pretend it's a 10 or near-10 every single time, just because it's a big-name game.

Why is someone considered more honest because they've rated a game lower than the majority of people? I don't think honesty has much to do with it. Surely each reviewer is truthfully stating their opinion about the game. Everyone has different tastes. That doesn't mean some are less honest than others. It just means that some opinions are more likely to coincide with yours than others.

Edited by Patch

If anyone else grabbed the Sainsburys deal where it was £35.99 for the limited edition with a code, they should be shipping out today :) I just got my email.

i had this pre ordered from AMAZON. but something was wrong with the payment so i had to update it, and now delivery date is 21st.. order cancelled. i will just stroll into town and pick it up in the morning, like old times.

the order wasnt even dispatched yet! yet a payment change adds 3 days to the delivery date. kind of defeats the point in preordering!

Why is someone considered more honest because they've rated a game lower than the majority of people? I don't think honesty has much to do with it. Surely each reviewer is truthfully stating their opinion about the game. Everyone has different tastes. That doesn't mean some are less honest than others. It just means that some opinions are more likely to coincide with yours than others.

I agree. I never understand that statement. It seems to just be that people feel that "negative" views tend to be the more truthful, partially because as a society, we only really make a big deal over things when they go wrong.

As a journalist, I respect other people's opinions and reviews, EXCEPT when they're poorly researched or just make stuff up and unfortunately, the Zelda one at Gamespot falls into that category

Mine just arrived! Just need to do a load of washing up and then I can play!!

(I should probably finish my essay for college as well but that can wait...)

If anyone else grabbed the Sainsburys deal where it was £35.99 for the limited edition with a code, they should be shipping out today :) I just got my email.
Yep got the email too! #Bargain!

Don't see myself firing up the game for about 6 months though!

It might get a look in at Christmas, but I don't really want to start it without being able to continue it through to the end!

See you all in the Zelda thread in May! :p

You won't be able to resist. Both you and Flink will play it with in a week, I bet :p

You won't be able to resist. Both you and Flink will play it with in a week, I bet :p
I dunno... I think I'm gonna have to be strong here like I was with the 3DS.

Me and @Fierce_LiNk will have to start our own thread! :D

*though I think he's planning on a Christmas playthrough... so just me then* :p

My copy of Zelda : Skyward Sword has arrived! :D

And now I have to go to work... :(

But at least I still get to play it a day early :) I sense an all-night play-session coming on tonight. ;)

i had this pre ordered from AMAZON. but something was wrong with the payment so i had to update it, and now delivery date is 21st.. order cancelled. i will just stroll into town and pick it up in the morning, like old times.

I had pre-ordered Professor Layton from Amazon.com. On the date of dispatch they sent an email which said something along the lines of "We didn't order enough stock. We'll dispatch your order in one or two weeks."

Any shopto/zavvi orders turn up ?

Post just arrived. No order from ShopTo.

So since September, it's now 3/4 orders not arrived early.

Edited by Cube

Well, I'm sure the winning move would be to NOT use Game if this keeps happening.

I don't use GAME. Yes, i know it sounds iffy with the fact that Skyward Sword was ordered with themselves. I had ordered a batch of games with GAME (including Skyward Sword), but they cancelled all my X-360 orders after Gears 3. Couldn't cancel any orders, so left the orders there. All cancellation emails came through as expected, except for Skyward Sword. Which came through as accepted payment.

Which caused me to go nuts and express choice words to GAME's customer service department. Who blamed my bank for the payment not being issued, and the bank blamed GAME. Because like flameboy, they said they authorised the payments but GAME decided to not take payment. I think they didn't want to sell me the game at the reduced price THEY set.

Who you bank with? I had the same problem twice with sale items getting cancelled cos of apparent payment issues....they said it was the bank my bank said they authorised the transactions. This is why I will never shop with GAME again.

I bank with HSBC. Have done for many years and had no problems with them. They've been great with service, explained everything to me and all that.

Mine has still not been dispatched... Boooh, stupid Amazon.

I would pick mine up in town tomorrow (if any store would even have it in, they're kinda slow usually), but it's just way too expensive here. =(

*plays the waiting game some more*

Also about Flink, I don't think he'll be able to wait either. I'd be surprised if he could!

(Now he's gonna prove I'm wrong and not play it of course.)

Shopto said on their website yesterday that Skyward Sword had been shipped, so really you should all be getting it today.

*obviously the collectors edition won't be in the regular post*

Postman has been and no zelda, there is a slim chance it may come in a van

if not im never using shopto again in my life.

this fail and mario not shipping until the 2nd december = fail bigtime for me :(

*obviously the collectors edition won't be in the regular post*

Mine was sent via Royal Mail...

Mine was sent via Royal Mail...
The postman never carries around large boxes though... dvd boxes yes, but not bulky ones. Royal Mail van surely.

FINALLY!!

you wait and wait and they all turn up at once ^_^

SAM_0320.jpg

That's not a guide on the right is it?

it is indeed
You wait 5 years for a Zelda game... why would you want to use a guide? :blank:

For any game in fact!