NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

I cancelled my ShopTo-order because I'm too afraid they won't deliver internationally on release day. So I'd rather pay ~£7 extra to get the game in time. I'll try out ShopTo for a less important game later. Perhaps with Rayman Origins.

But damn, four days to go! I have to work Friday for a couple of hours but after that it's Zelda-loving until Sunday only to be paused for Crossfit and eating! It's gonna be a great weekend!

QUOTE DELETED AS IT HAD SPOILERS

So, they want it to meet standards and do what others do, but then say to wait for the Wii U one and wait for it to innovate?

They're just bitching for the sake of bitching, to try and get hits/viewers

Edited by Serebii

So, they want it to meet standards and do what others do, but then say to wait for the Wii U one and wait for it to innovate?

They're just bitching for the sake of bitching, to try and get hits/viewers

Your first statement makes no sense. The Wii U one will be the one for potential innovation in the general gaming sense. Yeah, Skyward innovates Zelda past where it's been before but of course it's going to be severely hardware limited so how can it meet the standards of what's been coming out over the last 3 or 4 years? :/

I think EVERYONE is excited to see what they can do with bigger worlds and more processing power. We've had 3 Zelda games with the same hardware after all.

Stop attacking every slight anti-Nintendo dig for no reason :)

Your first statement makes no sense. The Wii U one will be the one for potential innovation in the general gaming sense. Yeah, Skyward innovates Zelda past where it's been before but of course it's going to be severely hardware limited so how can it meet the standards of what's been coming out over the last 3 or 4 years? :/

I think EVERYONE is excited to see what they can do with bigger worlds and more processing power. We've had 3 Zelda games with the same hardware after all.

Stop attacking every slight anti-Nintendo dig for no reason :)

No no...I was noticing their lack of logic. I apologise if my sentence made little sense, my point is that they were saying that Skyward Sword should just do things like the competition but then says to wait for the Wii U one which would innovate. It's just contradictory...that was what I was getting at

Edited by Serebii

Dante are you totally incapable of putting up a post on this thread without f-ing spoilers?

I'm with you there. It's really fucking annoying.

We have two Zelda threads. Both clearly marked. Judging by some of the spoilers in here, I imagine it's a landmine in there.

No no...I was noticing their lack of logic. I apologise if my sentence made little sense, my point is that they were saying that Skyward Sword should just do things like the competition but then says to wait for the Wii U one which would innovate. It's just contradictory...that was what I was getting at

...But that's not contradictory surely? They are saying they've had to play it conservatively (hence the overworld just being empty space which you fly between and the underworld being seperate areas and not a whole world) due to a lack of horsepower and that a Wii U Zelda wouldn't have those issues as they can do more.

It's not really contradictory. Unless you're saying that the terms 'just like the competition' and 'Wii U one would innovate' are contradictory, which is right, but I think they are referring to the fact that whereas Zelda used to be the pinnacle of evolution and game design, this game is showing us game design which in general is a bit old.

Not that I care. It's going to be awesome, I've already cancelled my night out on friday to play this and I can't wait!

I've blocked Dante from using this thread.

Thanks, appreciate that : D

Jesus, I've just realised it's been 5 years since the last console zelda release?! How crazy is that? Hell, I was studying for my As levels back then. It's so weird how time flies. I'm guessing that the gap between OoT and MM is still the shortest time between zelda releases? The idea of having a job and adult responsibilities by the time the next one may come along is worrying :heh:

Jesus, I've just realised it's been 5 years since the last console zelda release?! How crazy is that? Hell, I was studying for my As levels back then. It's so weird how time flies. I'm guessing that the gap between OoT and MM is still the shortest time between zelda releases? The idea of having a job and adult responsibilities by the time the next one may come along is worrying :heh:

I hear you, bro. I was in the second year of Uni when that came out.

Since then, I have changed City/Towb twice, traded in the girlfriend for a European model (:heh:), graduated and got a job.

When the next Zelda arrives, I may have kids. :blank:

Me? I'll get into trouble again if I answer that! ;)

But what the heck... No, I highly, highly doubt that this will be up there with what I consider the best Zeldas (OOT, MM, WW), although I do expect it to be the equivalent of Twilight Princess.

The game seems so unconventional. I suspect they've listened to the fans who wanted innovation too much, which to me was not the problem with Twilight Princess. Put it this way: the way they've structured Skyward Sword doesn't seem like the natural way I'd want to improve the series.

BUT I think this could be just as enjoyable as Spirit Tracks. I wasn't very excited about that game, but when I played it, I couldn't really fault it. Nintendo's designers are on good form, I wouldn't argue with that.

Lol, i get it =). But i really think this game can surpass Twilight Princess. I don't think the game was bad or anything like it... i just think it was too much linear. It didn't surprised me at no way at all. I know almost nothing about this game, expecting that it will make the surprise factor even better. I know that the franchise need to evolve in some way. Perphaps Skyward Sword isn't the right answer yet, but if it returns the feeling that i had playing OoT and WW... all good for me =). That's all i need right know =). AND FAST! XD

Lol, i get it =). But i really think this game can surpass Twilight Princess. I don't think the game was bad or anything like it... i just think it was too much linear. It didn't surprised me at no way at all.

You know, games can be extremely linear in progression and surprise you at every turn despite the linearity. See the Mario Galaxy games. Hardly one level is anything like the last.

Given what Grazza has been clamoring for in Zelda games, there is a reason he is rather sceptical about Skyward Sword. ;)

Got Thursday and Friday off. New Zelda and new Mario = best. 4-day-weekend. Ever!

I've blocked Dante from using this thread.

Yay! Tho Serebii appears to have quoted his post which sort of defeats the object.

Anyhow I'm more and more excited, though the ShopTo guarantee isn't worth much to me atm, what am I gonna do with £3 and no skyward sword! FOUR DAYS!! :bouncy::bouncy:

Haven't checked my e-mail in a few days. Looks like my copy was dispatched yesterday along with a few other new releases. excited martins is excited

my order from shopto is yet to be sent, do you have a tracking number?/ confirm email with photo

Shopto aren't shipping until tomorrow:

***PRE-ORDER SHIPPING INFORMATION***

- Saints Row The Third -

- Zelda Skyward Sword -

- Super Mario 3D Land -

- Need For Speed: The Run -

We can advise that pre-orders for these tiles will be processing from Tuesday November 15th and dispatching Wednesday November 16th by Royal Mail.

Both of mine are processing. Think GAME are processing my guide order as well, although their email confuses me.

Edit: Just check my orders and noticed my Zelda has a tracking code and Mario Land has the package image.

Edited by Ike

Shopto aren't shipping until tomorrow:

Both of mine are processing. Think GAME are processing my guide order as well, although their email confuses me.

Edit: Just check my orders and noticed my Zelda has a tracking code and Mario Land has the package image.

I can confirm mine says the same, i cannot wait any longer

@Patch. Really?

Yep, really. How this post managed to quote your post and have a reply from me is a complete mystery, since I'm not reading this thread any more.

traded in the girlfriend for a European model (:heh:)

And seems I traded my American model for an Asian one... and we all know how some of those can be crappily and cheaply made!

I am so excited about Zeldaaaaa! I'm constantly checking my order status, but I imagine Amazon won't send it out until the day before or the day itself... which means I'll be waiting until the next week, boooh!

But still, excited! New Zeldaaaa! =D

Well ShopTo have sent me an email with a receipt(which is strange as I swear they took payment when I paid) but yeah no word of actual dispatch yet. Though the earlier post may explain it! Hopefully this might arrive by thursday and I'll take a half day off work!

*sigh* My country is going through austerity measures, me and my family need to cut costs and spend as little as possible in videogames, and what do I do, not too long after buying a 20€ used DS game?

I spend 60€ (an amount I haven't payed for a game since the old GC days back when I didn't shop online yet) on pre-ordering a game for the first time ever. A game that I will most likely not touch until I'm done with some other shit I have yet to do (which includes other games).

And for what? A golden Wiimote+ and a CD with orchestral music that I should be able to listen to anyway.

Do I regret this?

Not in the slightest :grin: I'll be looking forward to receiving this a week or so from now, just don't expect me to play it at the same pace as you guys.