NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bodicote near Banbury?

Haha...yes! Not a Bodicote man too are you?!

p.s taken your 3DS friend code from the AC online thread, will add you on my lunch break in a few hours :)

Haha...yes! Not a Bodicote man too are you?!

p.s taken your 3DS friend code from the AC online thread, will add you on my lunch break in a few hours :)

Lol nope not Bodicote but not too far away. Banbury is my main town, same as Goafer.

Lol nope not Bodicote but not too far away. Banbury is my main town, same as Goafer.

Ah right ok, I saw Northamptonshire on your profile, didn't realise you were that close! Next time I'm back will keep my 3DS on me incase there is some street passing to be had up The Chapel night club...;)

New Leaf is sooooooo close! :bouncy: Not sure if I can handle E3 Nintendo Direct Megatons and ACNL all in the same week! :laughing:

I'm kind of tempted to check out my town on Wild World again too before NL arrives, see just how many weeds there are... :heh:

Probably better to remember it at its best though ;):

Does anyone know how much the digital version would probably be sold for? I really would prefer to have it as a digital game, but I also don't want to spend a large amount of money if I can get it cheaper as a normal version.

Does anyone know how much the digital version would probably be sold for? I really would prefer to have it as a digital game, but I also don't want to spend a large amount of money if I can get it cheaper as a normal version.

GAME will probably offer the download code for purchase on the day of the game's release so I would guess that it would go for something between £31.99 and £34.99, likely to be cheaper than the eShop price :smile:

Anyone else think it's about time that NoE announced some sort of DLC for us? I mean, NA has had the two items announced, plus the promotional items from Best Buy. Maybe I'm just getting a bit impatient but it would be nice to know something soon.

So, what kind of online functions does this version have? I haven't been keeping up with the news about it and was wondering if I can actually visit people on my friendslist and leave them gifts without them having to be online at the same time and open the gates.

So, what kind of online functions does this version have?
The kind you won't like. "Next Gen" :heh:

I haven't been keeping up with the news about it and was wondering if I can actually visit people on my friendslist and leave them gifts without them having to be online at the same time and open the gates.

You know release is close when Red whips out his consistently great Avatar & Sig combos!

The kind you won't like. "Next Gen" :heh:

You can (eventually/potentially) visit other peoples towns even when they're offline by using Dream Walking:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Suite

Not sure if you can leave gifts or not using that method, don't think you can though. :hmm:

Other than that I believe the setup is the same as Wild World, 4 player online and you can leave your town open/online while the 3DS is in sleep mode, in which case it is possible to leave gifts. :)

You can leave it open in sleep mode?! Interesting. Does it add to your time count in sleep mode?

You can leave it open in sleep mode?! Interesting. Does it add to your time count in sleep mode?

Yeah I'd be interested in that....I left Luigi's Mansion open whilst in sleep mode and my game timer on there reads as 79 hours! However the 3DS own timer only shows up 14 and half hours.

Yeah I'd be interested in that....I left Luigi's Mansion open whilst in sleep mode and my game timer on there reads as 79 hours! However the 3DS own timer only shows up 14 and half hours.

When you say game timer do you mean the luigis mansion cart and the 3DS log said 14 odd hours?!

When you say game timer do you mean the luigis mansion cart and the 3DS log said 14 odd hours?!

Yep my Luigi's Mansion save file says 79 hours and my 3DS Software Library Log (lol) says 14 odd hours.

I think so (that was the case with Wild World on DS) not sure though.

@Mike, do you know if towns can still be online during sleep mode?

I think so (that was the case with Wild World on DS) not sure though.

@Mike, do you know if towns can still be online during sleep mode?

Huh? You could do that in Wild World?! Shut your DS but people could still enter?! I never ever knew that!

Huh? You could do that in Wild World?! Shut your DS but people could still enter?! I never ever knew that!
Yeah, your character would fall asleep too, even if you were standing up. :D

I used to like digging holes around people that were in sleep mode with the shovel to "trap" them. :heh:

I've never played Animal Crossing before. I'm tempted to give this a try.

I've never played Animal Crossing before. I'm tempted to give this a try.

Give it a try. Can you get it for free through the promotion?

Give it a try. Can you get it for free through the promotion?

No, I have none of the other games.

Apart from the Oracle games, my last purchase was Kid Icarus (although I reviewed Paper Mario).