N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

darksnowman

Has that taunt become a meteor smash or is it just a well-timed picture of Kirby being smashed down by someone else who we cannot see?

My thoughts exactly.

Also unless I remember wrongly wasn't it in Brawl that they changed it and you couldn't down-smash hangers on?

I knew it!... her lure of 'Cake' was always an innuendo!!

The cake is a lie ;)

Has that taunt become a meteor smash or is it just a well-timed picture of Kirby being smashed down by someone else who we cannot see?

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Luigi's taunt becomes a meteor smash when an opponent hangs on the ledge.

EDIT: It does.

Edited by -Dem0-

Sakurai talks Smash Bros. visual design, says images of 3DS version “look fine” but don’t do the game justice.

The new Smash Bros. games are particularly noteworthy for a couple of reasons. On Wii U, this marks the first time that the series will be shown in HD. And on 3DS, Smash Bros. will be making its debut appearance on a handheld, complete with a unique style thanks to character outlines given to the playable characters.

Director Masahiro Sakurai spoke about the visual design of both versions while speaking with GamesTM this month. Regarding Wii U, Sakurai said fans can expect “more details, and bigger stages”. He also shared an interesting comment about the 3DS version, noting that screenshots “look fine” but don’t do the game justice compared to actually seeing it running in person.

Sakurai told the magazine:

“And the same thing with the Wii U screen – since we’re an HD-compatible console, we’re able to do more details, and bigger stages as seen on previous home consoles. Now of course, I want to point out that everything on 3DS is designed for that screen, and that’s where they look the best. It’s unfortunate we can’t show everyone what it looks like on 3DS, rather than screenshots, while they do look fine, do not do that justice once you see it on the system. Too bad we can’t show everybody what it looks like on the system.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-talks-smash-bros-visual-design-says-images-of-3ds-version-look-fine-but-dont-do-the-game-justice/

Wait a sec, huh? I thought that they were doing console games only on Wii U and handheld games only on 3DS?

Why are they referencing Pilotwings Resort on the Wii U version then? :confused:

I think that's more of "most levels on the console version will be from console games" rather than "no part of a level will be from handhelds".

Wait a sec, huh? I thought that they were doing console games only on Wii U and handheld games only on 3DS?

Why are they referencing Pilotwings Resort on the Wii U version then? :confused:

Technically it's two home console games in Pilotwings NES and Wii Sports Resort, even if there is Pilotwings on the 3DS, but yeah :p

Would be cool if you fought on top of floating balloons and then the plane flew threw them popping them to pick you up on its wings.