NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Ah classic internet seeing sexism where sexism doesn't exist -_-

All things being equal which they're not but the probability of both girls being the first 2 eliminated is extremely low and yet it happened. It's not a big deal but it is something I noticed. :heh:

I'm just happy there's an actual UK advert!

Sick of seeing "This is for the players" every time I switch on the TV.

(It's a good slogan, but I've seen it so many times, I've gotten tired)

Kinda wish they nicked the "Settle it in Smash" from America, but eh...

(Mind you, I haven't actually heard the advert, I've only seen it. So I might be hilariously wrong)

And do the new Gamecube controllers come with extra long cords? I used extensions on the old controllers but I just see long unbroken cords.

Nintendolife had a hands on with them the other day and confirmed they are indeed longer.

The new Smash Bros.-branded GameCube controllers are the same quirky pads as they’ve always been, right down to the model number. Only now, there’s a different logo on its face and the cord length is bumped up from the original controller’s 6.5 ft to 9 ft. Nintendo refers to this as “tournament-length” on the box, and coupled with the additional 3 ft from the adapter, that’s quite a lot of slack.

So I now have a reason to hate the 1.04 update...

None of my replays (and I had a lot :hehe:) can be viewed anymore! :shakehead:mad:

That is unbelievably stupid. icon13.gif

Roll on the Wii U version, and unlimited replay saving/capturing.

None of my replays (and I had a lot :hehe:) can be viewed anymore! :shakehead:mad:

It's a shame, but considering how replays actually work in the 3DS version, it was inevitable.

(It records button inputs, not the actual match)

@Dcubed and I had a replay of 3 Wario's on Gaur Plains.

I actually hurt myself a bit from laughing so hard during it.

Constant bike riding, eating items/Warios/other bikes, farting and the odd time where Wario-Man would activate followed by constant back-air and Up-air attacks to slowly rise up in that ridiculous way he does.

All culminating in an amazing accidental meteor Smash with Wario-Man's down-air. Possibly one of the greatest Smashes I've ever had!

Trust me, if you ever play locally. Suggest an all Wario match on Gaur Plains with items on. You will not regret it!

It's a shame, but considering how replays actually work in the 3DS version, it was inevitable.

(It records button inputs, not the actual match)

@Dcubed and I had a replay of 3 Wario's on Gaur Plains.

I actually hurt myself a bit from laughing so hard during it.

Constant bike riding, eating items/Warios/other bikes, farting and the odd time where Wario-Man would activate followed by constant back-air and Up-air attacks to slowly rise up in that ridiculous way he does.

All culminating in an amazing accidental meteor Smash with Wario-Man's down-air. Possibly one of the greatest Smashes I've ever had!

Trust me, if you ever play locally. Suggest an all Wario match on Gaur Plains with items on. You will not regret it!

I still have that replay BTW... I haven't updated yet...

Nothing stopping us from recording it the old fashioned way ;) (Plus I'm gonna be archiving it along with the version 1.03 patch in a few days - I mean, I have to do it anyway for when my New3DS arrives and I go to copy everything over :p )

I see this is getting great reviews, as expected. Some reviews are being held back or are in progress as they waiting to test the online component of the game.

All things being equal which they're not but the probability of both girls being the first 2 eliminated is extremely low and yet it happened. It's not a big deal but it is something I noticed. :heh:

If you noticed it that says more about your own sexism.

Yep 13 reviews and an average of 94% so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u

Some places likeNintendolife are holding back on giving it a final score until they can review the online portion.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/super_smash_bros_for_wii_u

When you've nothing to fear there's no need for release day embargoes. *cough*...Sonic Boom...*cough*...Watch Dogs. The later of which released a week before Smash Wii U and we're still waiting for the first review.

When you've nothing to fear there's no need for release day embargoes. *cough*...Sonic Boom...*cough*...Watch Dogs. The later of which released a week before Smash Wii U and we're still waiting for the first review.

I don't think it's a case of embargoes, but rather a case of no review copies.

Which is strange, as some companies send out review copies of dreadful games. The worst game I've ever played was a review copy.

I don't think it's a case of embargoes, but rather a case of no review copies.

Which is strange, as some companies send out review copies of dreadful games. The worst game I've ever played was a review copy.

Possibly, I know the game was released only yesterday officially but some people got early copies and there's still no reviews up on Metacritic. There was one and it was given 50%, can't remember who it was but it's since been removed.

I've read that they changed the physics for when you send someone flying which is why replays no longer work in the new patch when they did work in the last 2 patches.

NINTENDO SAYS IT ISN’T WORKING ON PREMIUM DLC FOR SMASH BROS ON NINTENDO 3DS AND WII U

Super Smash Bros creator Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed to Video Gamer that the Kyoto based company has no plans to release premium downloadable content for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions. Sakurai says the reason behind this is that he wants fans to feel*content that they’ve got the full version of each game.

“I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros.,” Sakurai said, “and I appreciate that a major part of the excitement for these games come from which characters will appear in the roster, so I think fans could really enjoy DLC that could keep this excitement going. However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.”

“Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we’ve already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game and, I think it’s an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough by just looking at DLC itself.

“In light of this, we always need to weigh up both sides of this topic and carefully consider whether it really is best to have DLC or not.”

“However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren’t working on anything at the moment,” he continued. “We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can’t yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/19/nintendo-says-it-isnt-working-on-premium-dlc-for-smash-bros-on-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u/

I've read that they changed the physics for when you send someone flying which is why replays no longer work in the new patch when they did work in the last 2 patches.
Interesting.

Surely they could've had older replays use the original physics data, I mean it's all still there on the cart, right? ::shrug: Making every single pre-1.04 replay unwatchable just seems like such a quick-and-dirty "fix". :nono:

zlCfzSq0jr4zoBnyxq

Pic of the day. You'll need to link the 3DS version to the Wii U version to get them to work together. Luckily, this is easy. On the 3DS version, you simply select the Wii U option, and select the 3DS option on the Wii U version.

zlCfzSq0j2YBWsLO9C

This is what the screen looks like on the 3DS version when you link it with the Wii U version. We included this hoping that it might work as a remedy when you don't have enough controllers.

WHY RIDLEY ISN’T PLAYABLE IN SMASH BROS.

Size is only part of the problem.

Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai explained why he chose not to make Ridley, the space pirate villain from the Metroid series, a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

Sakurai instead opted to include Ridley as a stage boss for Pyrosphere, a new arena debuting in Smash Wii U. “Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence,” Sakurai explained. “There are other icons, too, like Metal Face and the Yellow Devil, which help effectively portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with.”

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros

Basically, Ridley being a boss is as close as it's ever going to get?

Any sensible person could have guessed that.

No shit, Sherlock.

(expected, but nice to see confirmed, super exclusive items are annoying)

Japanese Smash Bros. Wii U commercials

See now, these put the U.S. and UK copycat ad to shame. It's all about the game. There's no comparison. Why couldn't they do this?

Life After Smash Bros.: Ice Climbers

I've been reading some impressions on Gaf and everything sounds great. The preloading worked spot on and most importantly the online looks to be really stable!

It will be interesting to see how the servers handle it once more people have picked it up but so far it's looking good.

1 week to go!!

zlCfzSq-SvgUiSkVfl

Pic of the day. The day has finally arrived. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now available in the Americas!! I hope you'll enjoy this game's many modes and play it as you see fit.

zlCfzSq-S2MXQG2yD4

Here's a look at the controls screen for the Wii U Pro Controller. We needed to match the default settings for all controllers for buttons such as L and R, but there must be players out there that want to use the ZL and ZR Buttons for shielding. You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves. Set up your controls however you like in Controls.