Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurovision Dusseldorf 2011

Beast

esc2011.jpg

Does anybody here still watch Eurovision? I've watched it all the way in the past but in later years, I stopped watching it fully and just watch the few songs and the UK's entry. I did think we deserved to win when Jade Ewen was in it though, she had a great voice. I don't know a lot of people who do but still, I thought I'd make the thread anyway...

So this year for the UK, Ireland and Scotland are...

United Kingdom: Blue- I Can (Not a bad song but it's instantly forgettable. One of them sounds very off though...makes a bloody change from seriously cheesy songs like Scooch- Flying the Flag...that was a travesty...)

Ireland: Jedward- Lipstick (I hate myself for saying this but I think this is actually the only song I've listened to from these pair of prats that I kind of like. That's possibly because it sounds seriously close to Britney Spears' Womanizer. I find it a little catchy though.)

So do you guys like it and will you be watching?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedward are just very disturbing. I'm not sure if that song was meant to assert their masculinity or what...the fact they keep being placed face to face in those cgi hearts is just creepy.

Twin incest.

I don't like it.

I do kinda watch it for the laughs at how shit it is. I went to Dusseldorf two weeks ago and they are already buzzing about it coming to the city, quite a few of the locals chatted to me about it. Trying to explain to my canadian girlfriend that it was this tacky pop shit storm of a show was slightly harder for her to comprehend though.

I love Eurovision. Hightlight of the year.

My favourite entry is yet again Germany but appearently it's not one of the favourites to win.

As for UK, better than usual, but not my kind of song.

This year's zero pointer: Portugal

Also, Italy is weird. Haven't participated for 14 years, pays big money to get directly to the final(I assume) and then send a song like this. It's not bad, but it's not eactly something that will be a hit in Europe.

If (popular/well knowns) are (allowed) to do the Eurovision, then why have we not used (popular/well knowns) for (decades)

I've always said this, I suppose Blue does have a lot of fans though, even when they split up (did they split up?). As I said, we seem to be better when we do more serious songs instead of shitty, camp songs. I highly doubt we'll win this year and I doubt we'll ever win again but I think we'll be pretty high. However, Jedward seem to be perfect candidates for Eurovision. It's tacky, it's cheesy, it's pop.

Jedward are just very disturbing. I'm not sure if that song was meant to assert their masculinity or what...the fact they keep being placed face to face in those cgi hearts is just creepy.

Twin incest.

I don't like it.

I know right! The video is very creepy. Half of the photos in the video seemed to scream "INCEST!", especially the ones with the kisses on their cheeks and the CGI hearts, as you mentioned.

Am I really the only one who can hear Britney Spears' Womanizer buried in that track though?

Twin incest.

I don't like it.

I know right! The video is very creepy. Half of the photos in the video seemed to scream "INCEST!",

I'm dubbing this 'Twincest' though it doesn't make it any better, just even creepier... :blank:

As for the actual song, if it's anything like Womanizer as Dazz suggested then that just guarantees its shiteness. :p

I don't understand why they don't just...put good people with good songs on it. If they made the decision to have one person represent the country in terms of quality or whatever.

I could imagine Adele being chosen for the Uk or something. She seems quintessentially british but really beloved/popular.

I don't understand why they don't just...put good people with good songs on it. If they made the decision to have one person represent the country in terms of quality or whatever.

I could imagine Adele being chosen for the Uk or something. She seems quintessentially british but really beloved/popular.

I don't think somebody with that much current chart credibility would want to be seen dead doing eurovision.

Eurovision is amazing. I think I watched it with Ine last year, or the year before? Hilarious. We had a great time.

I'm glad the songs aren't great, and that it isn't a serious competition. Its a farce. But, I love it because of that. The more ridiculous the performance, the dodgy singing and the sarcastic comments from the presenters, the better the show.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!