NEurope
~LAc~BodyCount

PS3 or Xbox 360

Whilst that's true (for older chipsets), it's not the point, I was defending against the claim that you would have to "pay for multiple consoles". And shite parts be inside the PS3, too.

As someone else said, how's your PS3? ;)

No matter whether you can replace it or not, you must agree that the 360 hardware is tragic, relative to this apparent yellow light of death which just about no one I've ever head of has had. Have a launch PS3, play it a lot and even use it every day to watch TV. Whereas the RROD was pretty much known about by everyone, affecting a vast proportion of people with the original 360s.

Edited by Sheikah

(Personally I have been considering getting a PS3 for ages but... spending £250 for a console and one game is a bit... OTT for me. PS3 doesn't offer me anything besides Uncharted 2 - bearing in mind I already have a console, so PS3 having games I already have/can get means, essentially, why bother spending so much money on a second console?)

If we're really just going to talk about exclusives then... Oh man... Okay. It is difficult to ignore Uncharted 2.

Would I ignore Uncharted 2 for the superior controller, better online service/features and more user-friendly store and interface? Because I prefer achievements to trophies?

I don't know. It's crazy that Uncharted 2 is worth weighing against the other features of a console. It's like something that should be listed on the back of the PS3 box, next to "Blu-ray player". "It has Uncharted".

You have to buy both. Simple as. And just have the PS3 and Uncharted 2 and Gears of War 3. The world's most expensive two games. Fine actually, thankyouverymuch Mr. salesman. But it was one of the older, more reliable models ;) That glossy finish must've kept the hackers out.

I knew polishing it every day would come in handy :heh:

As someone else said, how's your PS3? ;)

No matter whether you can replace it or not, you must agree that the 360 hardware is tragic, relative to this apparent yellow light of death which just about no one I've ever head of has had. Have a launch PS3, play it a lot and even use it every day to watch TV. Whereas the RROD was pretty much known about by everyone, affecting a vast proportion of people with the original 360s.

You're still missing my point. I admitted that it's fatally flawed, but was only arguing that you don't have to pay, as intially claimed.

You say you don't have to pay, but when it's past the 3 year warranty you do (as happened to my friend).

I don't think anyone really believed otherwise that MS don't replace for free, he was just be deliberately OTT. And as for missing points, you still haven't said what issues you've had with your PS3 yet. ;)

Edited by Sheikah

I wasn't defending them. Y U NO LISTEN. But your friend had to replace a 360 that was out of its 3 years manufacturer's warranty? So it lasted over 3 years? There's a good chance most things will start breaking after that these days... TVs, cameras, computers, definitely mobile phones. Also...

How's your PS3 been?
Fine actually

Plus, for new buyers, the problems are much, much better.

I just think that a 3 year warranty for a manufacturing fault is unacceptable, the right call should have been to do a mass recall or at least make the warranty for that particular fault last a year or so after 360 production ceases.

And hogwash, most devices I have are over 3 years old and working fine :p. My HDTV must be nearing 4-5 years old, while my PS3 was bought at launch so I'm guessing that nearly 4 years old.

Edited by Sheikah

I am praying that you get a YLOD today.

I'll let you know if it happens tonight. ;)

My brother-in-law had a 360 that broke after warranty. He sent it off and they still fixed it for free.

He then bought another one and sold it to me when it got back.

I was gonna hold off getting a 360 but then Amazon presented me with an offer I just couldn't refuse. 360 250GB Slim, Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership for £169.99!

That's quite a delicious deal. Tempting to do it myself!

I was gonna hold off getting a 360 but then Amazon presented me with an offer I just couldn't refuse. 360 250GB Slim, Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership for £169.99!

I saw that deal last night, would have gone for it as well but there are 2 Birthdays coming up soon that I have to be able to afford presents for.

Great deal :)

Sell Fable 3 and buy Fable 2 though.

Will do, my friend said to do the same ;) I'll leave it in the seal and hopefully get more for it.

My 360 is due today, I just checked the parcel tracker! :bouncy:

well what do i do now. with the wii u announced yesterday, which looks amazing do i still go for a ps3 for modern warfare 3 or wait to see what comes out for the wii u. decisions decisions.

There must be a PS3 price cut coming up. Isn't September the usual time they do it?

There must be a PS3 price cut coming up. Isn't September the usual time they do it?

I'm quite surprised they didn't announce one at E3. TGS will probably be where they cut they price.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Give it a bit of momentum before Xmas.

I'm quite surprised they didn't announce one at E3. TGS will probably be where they cut they price.

I think its unlikely as they seem happy as the high end choice. Does not look like Wii U will do anything to change that. Sony also announced there are over 100 3D games for the PS3 and Move is pretty much the motion controller of choice for less casual games. Online streaming product of choice worldwide. etc. The only console that can provide lossless audio and everything in between. It means Wii U needs to come in under much like the PS Vita/3DS.

Kinect is hurting Nintendo somewhat though. So lets see what happens.

Does anyone else feel the desire to sell all their Sony products when reading Choze's posts? Jack Tretton himself is less of a shill.

well what do i do now. with the wii u announced yesterday, which looks amazing do i still go for a ps3 for modern warfare 3 or wait to see what comes out for the wii u. decisions decisions.

It depends on your money situation but you are going to be waiting at least a year for Wii U but i wouldn't be surprised if it wont come out till Xmas time 2012.

If you want something to use for a year before buying a WiiU then maybe an Xbox would actually be the way to go. You can grab used machines for ridiculously cheap.