NEurope
~LAc~BodyCount

PS3 or Xbox 360

With the possibility of call of duty modern warfare coming out towards the end of 2011 and the chances of the nintendo wii getting a new call of duty game slim to none i am thinking about getting a new console. The question is which is better.

Now i know that ps network is free and that you have you pay for x-box live, i am also aware of the problems that sony are having at the moment with hackers but i am asuming that it will be sorted in the very near future.

So i was wondering if any of you guys have either ps3 or x-box 360 and would like to share your views, either good or bad.

Thanks for your time.

I'm not a big pc gamer fan, besides my pc is rubbish and it would cost a lot more to get a decent one.

Depends if you like to keep your credit card details to yourself or not.

Since you have CoD in your sig, and you don't want to have a PC, I'd go with Xbox 360. You get party chat, and map-packs before PS3 owners (if they get them at all).

You'll be paying for the online service, but for less than £3/month if you shop around, and the connections and matchmaking are good. Gears of War 3 brings back dedicated servers to console multiplayer.

Well, you've clearly signed up to advertise your clan so go with the machine that's most popular amongst them.

I don't have either an X-Box or PS3, but if PC is no option, I'd be inclined to go with the PS3. PS3 has more exclusives I like, and you get a blu-ray player.

Like you say, PS network has.. Problems, and X-Box live isn't free. All things that are better on PC, plus better controls and a cheaper game, and better looking. PC is the better investment, and you don't even need an overly expensive one for CoD.

But again, if it's no option.. Personally I'd go with the PS3. The PS network problems should likely be sorted by then, and since you'll make a new account, you're not affected by any stolen account information and such (at least, not from this incident). Overall the PS3 is a better machine, but you have to look at which other exclusives you find interesting on both machines, and you yourself only knows which controller you prefer. From what I've heard, multiplatform games tend to be better on X-Box unfortunately, despite the PS3 being better.

Well, you've clearly signed up to advertise your clan so go with the machine that's most popular amongst them.

i am only here to chat to some good people, the advertising part is just a bonus... lol

What machine would you say is the most popular then ??

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a new Nintendo console coming, one that can easily handle a new CoD. As far as I know it's slated for release end of the year, and it wouldn't surprise me if CoD is coming for that.

I don't have either an X-Box or PS3, but if PC is no option, I'd be inclined to go with the PS3. PS3 has more exclusives I like, and you get a blu-ray player.

Like you say, PS network has.. Problems, and X-Box live isn't free. All things that are better on PC, plus better controls and a cheaper game, and better looking. PC is the better investment, and you don't even need an overly expensive one for CoD.

But again, if it's no option.. Personally I'd go with the PS3. The PS network problems should likely be sorted by then, and since you'll make a new account, you're not affected by any stolen account information and such (at least, not from this incident). Overall the PS3 is a better machine, but you have to look at which other exclusives you find interesting on both machines, and you yourself only knows which controller you prefer. From what I've heard, multiplatform games tend to be better on X-Box unfortunately, despite the PS3 being better.

yep the blue ray player is a bonus, psn being free is also a bonus.

i have always been a playstation person before i got the wii ( ps1 and ps2 ) so i am more used to the ps controller, i have used a friend x-box a few times and i found the controller for that hard to use so for that it would be ps3 also.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a new Nintendo console coming, one that can easily handle a new CoD. As far as I know it's slated for release end of the year, and it wouldn't surprise me if CoD is coming for that.

from what i have heard myself the new nintendo console won't be out untill 2012, but i guess we shall have to wait for news at the E3 conference...

i am only here to chat to some good people, the advertising part is just a bonus... lol

What machine would you say is the most popular then ??

I meant amongst your clan; presumably those are the people you want to play with.

Objectively the 360 is the safer choice as a CoD machine, though. It'll receive DLC earlier for the next few years, Party Chat should be useful if you're into clan play, most people prefer the 360 controller for first-person shooters — although I don't, personally — and Treyarch's PS3 ports tend to be a bit sloppy.

Honestly the differences aren't that big a deal, hence my suggestion to turn to your clansmen: ultimately the people you play with are far more integral to your experience.

I meant amongst your clan; presumably those are the people you want to play with.

Objectively the 360 is the safer choice as a CoD machine, though. It'll receive DLC earlier for the next few years, Party Chat should be useful if you're into clan play, most people prefer the 360 controller for first-person shooters — although I don't, personally — and Treyarch's PS3 ports tend to be a bit sloppy.

Honestly the differences aren't that big a deal, hence my suggestion to turn to your clansmen: ultimately the people you play with are far more integral to your experience.

good point, i will have a chat with them all....

Haven't both MW2 and Black Ops both had serious online issues on PS3? All the PS3 CoD fans literally rioted over it.

I haven't had a lot of experience of PS3 online (I started Uncharted 2 online days before PSN went down), but I did get a big "this would be even more awesome on Xbox Live" feeling.

Haven't both MW2 and Black Ops both had serious online issues on PS3? All the PS3 CoD fans literally rioted over it.

I haven't had a lot of experience of PS3 online (I started Uncharted 2 online days before PSN went down), but I did get a big "this would be even more awesome on Xbox Live" feeling.

That's 1 game i wanted to get also... looks very good....

Ive never actually had any problems with the PS3s online (despite the current :p ). I used to prefer Xbox Live but that was mostly due to interface, not enough to make me want to pay for it though instead of just getting lag free online for free.

Ive never actually had any problems with the PS3s online (despite the current :p ).

I'm not saying that the PS3 online has problems (except recently), but I do remember lots of angry fans moaning about the "inferior" version of Black Ops and a buggy online mode.

I do think I remember some complaints when Blops launched but it was never something I noticed while I played it.

I hate it when people put a dash in Xbox.

And the answer to your question can only be answered by yourself really imo. No console is better than the other, power wise it might be. But, it comes down to what you want from your console.

I hate it when people put a dash in Xbox.

And the answer to your question can only be answered by yourself really imo. No console is better than the other, power wise it might be. But, it comes down to what you want from your console.

lol... soz bud... yeah i guess your right.... the blue ray on the ps3 is a big plus for me..