NEurope
~LAc~BodyCount

PS3 or Xbox 360

I hate it when people put a dash in Xbox.
lol... soz bud... yeah i guess your right.... the blue ray on the ps3 is a big plus for me..

You be trollin'? :nono:

I must admit I honestly wasn't aware of the fact there's actually no dash in Xbox! Logically it seems wrong, but aesthetically it does look better. Anyway, it seems Xbox left even less of an impression than I though :rolleyes:.

Solution...

Buy both, saw them in half and fuse them together to create PSXBOX 360 then you have the best of both worlds for with two drives it can play Xbox 360 games, PS3 games and of course Blurays; youd of course benefit from being able to use the Xbox 360 dashboard while playing PS3 games - don't ask me how this works - and you'd get the added bonus of superior network security... trolololol. :p

Or... you'd just end up with two unusable consoles, still... what if eh? ;)

I've also been thinking of getting a PS3 or 360 recently and was about to create a thread similar to this. I'm getting paid in two weeks so that's when I'll be shelling out for one or the other but I keep changing my mind :P

I've heard a lot of good things about Live and it's really not that expensive, I'm also a huge Rare fanboy and even though they're nothing compared to their former selves, I'd still explode with joy playing a new Rare game. The PS3 on the other hand does have LBP (though I'm not sure I'd be that blown away by it) and a Blu-Ray player.

Either way, I mainly want one for upcoming released like Duke Nukem, Sonic Generations etc

Just judge it on the facts of the consoles. Which one has the games coming out or already released that you want and would you like a blu ray player to go with it. Both consoles are good.

Personally I prefer the PS3 because its got more exclusive games that I like and its my blu ray player. I did used to have a 360 but it red ringed.

Solution...

Buy both, saw them in half and fuse them together to create PSXBOX 360 then you have the best of both worlds for with two drives it can play Xbox 360 games, PS3 games and of course Blurays; youd of course benefit from being able to use the Xbox 360 dashboard while playing PS3 games - don't ask me how this works - and you'd get the added bonus of superior network security... trolololol. :p

Surely you mean a PS360?

PSXBOX 360... pfft. What's this fool talkin' ' bout?

Surely you mean a PS360?

PSXBOX 360... pfft. What's this fool talkin' ' bout?

I remember the days when people kept going on about 'Wii60'.

It would have been a good combination, but too bad the Wii turned out shit. And the Xbox 360

Why not get a Wii? It has COD:MW and Black Ops! It's sure to get the next MW...

Trololololol

I remember the days when people kept going on about 'Wii60'.

It would have been a good combination, but too bad the Wii turned out shit. And the Xbox 360

PSWii60!!!

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

I'm guessing from your name, that you're a Nintendo fan?

PSWii60!!!

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

1.gif

Edited by The Lillster
Automerged Doublepost

Trololololol

Because CoD is shite.:heh:

I'm guessing from your name, that you're a Nintendo fan?

Lol at missing the white text. While I'm a nintendo fan (still love n64 and a select few wii titles) I was joking, hence the white text. Also, I have a 360, not that you asked.

Because CoD is shite.:heh:

LAWL!

Opinions are fun.

PSWii60!!!

Was gonna post that but frankly we'd both be late to the party. Not fashionably either.

-1 Moog.

Was gonna post that but frankly we'd both be late to the party. Not fashionably either.

Yeah I know but the conversation thread had already been set. I was just following the path.

Lol at missing the white text. While I'm a nintendo fan (still love n64 and a select few wii titles) I was joking, hence the white text. Also, I have a 360, not that you asked.

This is a joke thread (no offence OP), hence everything I post in here isn't meant to be taken literally.

ps3 it is then....

for 3 reasons..

1 - blu ray

2 - free online

3 - prefer the controller

thanks for you help........... LMAO

I'd say it's quite close. For games I say it's pretty balanced (although for the next few years Xbox does seem like it's losing out on some big exclusives). PS3 has the Blu-Ray and lots more media options (although the iPlayer and Lovefilm could do with updates like saving the film/show to the system and HD), the Xbox has a vastly superior online more (more than worth the £32-£35 a year) and the much better controller.

Multiformat games is a bit fo a strange one as it does more often seem that the 360 gets the (very slightly) better version, although the difference seems a bit bigger in regards to CoD's online mode where the 360 is clearly the console that get's most of Activision's attention. I even tried Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma (an "expanded" version of the 360 game with more features) and even with that the PS3 version seems lazy and there's something really, really off about it. The big exception is Portal 2, so hopefully other companies will follow (I'm sure EA would be interested in linking the PS3 and PC versions of games).

Something ive heard before about the multiformat problem is something to do with the PS3 being slightly more powerful so the multiformat titles are made for the 360 in mind first and because of this will always be that bit more polished.

....or something like that anyway. The times ive read that im sure its been explained a lot better.

The ps3 architecture is more complicated, so when they make it for 360 and try to port they run into loads of memory issues. You can't just use the gpu for graphics on ps3, you have to let the very powerful cell help, which is tricky. So when they design it around using the gpu, as is traditional, the ps3 version falls on its face.

I love how the majority of people in the thread said 360, the the OP decided on PS3 anyway. Why even ask? ::shrug:

I love how the majority of people in the thread said 360, the the OP decided on PS3 anyway. Why even ask? ::shrug:

Er..... Because i was interested in other peoples thoughts....

Er..... Because i was interested in other peoples thoughts....

So many grammar mistakes O.o

Usually I'm against nitpicking when it's for just one little mistake made in a long post, but this little sentence has really irked me for some reason.

I'm sticking with my Xbox360 and although I've been get random desires to buy a PS3, there aren't any major exclusives that have meant I need to buy a PS3. If they brought out a new Kingdom Hearts or ZOE I probably would though!