NEurope
Goafer

Funny Stuff Thread

I thought the funniest thing about that video was how Kotaku was all, "yeah this is most likely a viral ad" and then they posted it anyway.

... It's funny if you think gaming websites playing right into the hands of publishers is funny, okay?

So is actual quantum levitation real, or is that part of the viral ad campaign too?

Quantum Levitation is real but sadly it is not advanced enough to give us Wipeout/F-Zero

Although thinking about it, we already have the bullet trains (the ones that hover), so it can't be far off.

I think the reason it hasn't been done yet is more to do with it being a silly idea rather than it not being possible. I mean a hover car would be a pain in the arse to control.

Can we actually have an interesting stuff thread?

The amount of stuff I've wanted to post but didn't want to make a thread for it.

Sometimes you can squeeze them into another thread, like with the photography thread today.

But...

I dunno, don't have another thread.

But can this thread by the, "Funny/Awesome Stuff Thread"?

Can we actually have an interesting stuff thread?

The amount of stuff I've wanted to post but didn't want to make a thread for it.

Sometimes you can squeeze them into another thread, like with the photography thread today.

But...

I dunno, don't have another thread.

But can this thread by the, "Funny/Awesome Stuff Thread"?

I think if you've got something genuinely interesting it should get it's own thread and to hell if doesn't generate much discussion - it won't get locked just because of that. Otherwise we're creeping back to the old times when people just dumped everything into a single burning Leviathan where nothing got really discussed and constricted the rest of the forum. If I was a mod I'd have probably torn out the handful of posts about quantum levitation videos into their own thread already.

Hell, anything above-average funny should probably get it's own thread, so long a people don't blatantly misuse it - I think this one should be renamed the "Mildly-Amusing Thread" or something similar.

Edited by gaggle64

Aren't we back to those days anyway?

They got rid of the "How WAS YOUR DAY YO!" thread but it was just replaced with a good/bad day thread is all.

Instead of one giant thread we got two slightly less giant threads.

Ha, also, we used to have a giant "Post your purchases thread!", which was closed.

So now we have a giant, "What have you bought?" thread!

This forum hates not having these giant threads clearly.

The current thing is indeed post any thread you like, and leave it to mods to merge if it's deemed necessary - which is rarely is. If you can post something that merits its own responses then please do post a new thread. It's far better for you to complain about your thread being merged than it is that your post is ignored altogether.

Fuck it, Ima post what I feel.

And if you don't like it?!

itsgoofytime.jpg

EXACTLY.

Anyway check out what me and Daft cooked up during our sexy weekend.

Two things today that made me laugh. Not sure if they've been posted before.

91790_700b.jpg

tumblr_lt7xdkSIWA1qewacoo1_400.png

Second one made me laugh so hard, I needed to wipe away the tears.

Eels always look like they've just told a joke and are waiting for a reaction

tumblr_lxg3xgO2mc1qd3pl9.jpg