N-Europe

Firefly/Serenity Fans?

Happenstance

Right I watched Serenity today, I absolutely loved it!

Was great to see some things cleared up. Even though its not doing too well at the boxoffice at the moment (although today in america sales for it did go up about 115%) its a movie for both Firefly fans and people who have only just heard about it. I heard a few people going on about how they are going to get the boxset now theyve seen the movie.

The twists in the movie are pretty big but this is definately a movie im going to go see again.

Actually HS the box office figures haven't been all too bad considering it was a small TV show that was cancelled, 2nd for Opening Weekend in US and UK. Rumours are DVD is out in America just before christmas and I think Universal may be resting sequel chances on the sales (considering Firefly did so damn well on DVD). Im remaining optimistic anyway.

The film was bloody amazing, easily Joss Whedon's best work yet! I liked the TV series too and this deffinatley surpassed my expectations. I'd say it's easily better than any of the Star Wars prequels and those should have been up to this standard.

*Hopes for no flaming. :/*

• 12 years later...

Enjoyable series, I occasionally rewatch firefly, less often Serenity (it suffers from the time gap and movie format). A further series would be fun to watch but I don’t pine for it overall I’m quite alright with what was received. No plan to read any of it though, that’s not the medium I wish to experience it.

At the same time though, fuck Fox. They needlessly killed (well I suppose it’s not truly killed anymore)  a series that had a strong start and potential. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, Happenstance said:

Thought I’d resurrect this thread as it’s been announced that Firefly will be continuing in a series of canon books overseen by Whedon.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/09/firefly-returns/

Did anyone ever read any of these books? I've got them on a wishlist waiting for a price drop for Kindle but I've been bouncing between too many books as it is lately. @Cubehow about you? You loved Firefly right?

This is one of those shows (and films I guess) where it's got a lot of fan adoration and I've seen it and it was good but I have no real desire to watch again. I don't know what it is. I'm the same with Happy Endings (hey-oh!).

It is a good watch though, hope those that are going to check it out for the first time enjoy it.