NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Paj wins at life.

Both are brilliant films. I have a huge thing for The Fly. I don't mean the creature, I mean the film. Cos having a thing for that bloodsucker (aha) would be wrong.

Also, The Fifth Element is silly, but I love eet. I still think they ad-libbed the whole thing, otherwise that's some great script-writing. :heh:

We-Need-to-Talk-About-Kevin_i01.jpg

Tilda Swinton. My God. I want to live in her head.

The acting is stunning. It's beautifully shot. Can't help thinking that Kevin didn't feel real enough. But then maybe that was the point.

She was really good in the film, I felt sorry for her from the very first second.

And the boy/guy... indeed he didn't feel real, but I guess that's what they were aiming for. I kept wanting to punch him in the face though. =P

I finally got around to watching The Inbetweeners Movie. It was absolutely amazing I'm just kidding it was pretty awful. The awkward dance scene was the only funny scene in the movie.

I only watched it because my cousin loved it and I had to prove her wrong.

It's a disease. :blank:

Watching The Lion King on blu-ray.

My fav classic animated disney film. So much so that I made sure this was the first Disney film Ois?n watched... sure he was less than a year at the time so likely understood nothing but I think he did like seeing the animals and he does seem to recgonise the music now whenever I put it on again for him :D

The Ring

I thought this film was bad then I watched...

The Ring Two

Possibly the worst film I have seen this year? No wait The Adjustment Bureau still gets that crown.

Fuck Lion King.

Fuck YOU.

The Lion King was the best film I saw in the cinema last year. :)

Watched Thor finally the other day great movie definitely a good 9/10 for me. Cannot wait for the Avengers movie, do still have Captain America to watch out of them.

Possibly the worst film I have seen this year? No wait The Adjustment Bureau still gets that crown.

WHAT!? Are you kidding!?

What about the hats!? And the doors?! And the hats?!

Did i dream the hats? No, they were in there....was Matt Damon in this? I can't remember. Who was the female lead?

The doors?

Yeah you're right it was terrible.

WHAT!? Are you kidding!?

What about the hats!? And the doors?! And the hats?!

Did i dream the hats? No, they were in there....was Matt Damon in this? I can't remember. Who was the female lead?

The doors?

Yeah you're right it was terrible.

As I said before the movie is the ultimate cockblock because a company of oldmen didn't want Matt Damon to get into Emily Blunts pants. :p

I thought The Adjustment Bureau was pretty good.

Yes. This guy remembers the hats.

As I said before the movie is the ultimate cockblock because a company of oldmen didn't want Matt Damon to get into Emily Blunts pants. :p

Emily Blunt, that's it!

I thought the film was alright once you got past the ridiculousness of the plot. The ending though was terrible. I think they must have run out of money to pay the script writers ten minutes from the end and had to get a passing feral pigeon to complete it.

Fuck YOU.

The Lion King was the best film I saw in the cinema last year. :)

It would have been good if they'd just made it a 3 minute short.

tumblr_lsrgr4m8M11qh15yyo1_500.gif

The Ring

I thought this film was bad then I watched...

The Ring Two

I see your mistake here.... you watched the US "Rings" go back and look for the original Japanese Ringu that'll make things better : peace:

It would have been good if they'd just made it a 3 minute short.

We need a "you have no soul" button :heh:

:hug:

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

I saw The Muppets on Valentine's night.

I enjoyed it, it's great fun. A lot of genuinely amusing bits, and I loved how it was firmly tongue in cheek and very self-aware. Had that 'adults might actually enjoy this more than kids' feel. Adam and Segel had very little to do/weren't as engaging as the Muppets, but that was probably intentional. I loved that she was a beloved mechanics teacher. / all the musical numbers.

I loved how it just takes place in a universe where puppet people are just an accepted thing/unquestioned.

And the cameo from Feist was so random. Yet I can imagine her living in this universe.

Just watched Tron: Legacy. Very enjoyable film, and the visual effects look amazing (apart from Clu, who looks terrible in some scenes). The plot is also a bit thin at times, but it was good for it's action.

Oh, and great music.

Edit: Also, the aspect ratio changes were just...odd.

Edited by Cube

Watched Green Lantern last night (3D, theatrical version). It was delicious to look at, although some action scenes, especially in the beginning, were dark and hard to follow, probably due to the 3D glasses. The action was great and the plot solid, though the narrative felt a bit clunky at times and the climax was a bit anti-climactic. The mid/post-credits scene also felt a bit tacked on at the end, even if it was expected. Ryan Reynolds's performance was great, and I was amused by the fact that I recognised both Mark Strong and Michael Clark Duncan solely on their voices. :heh: I was a bit sad that I didn't recognise Geoffrey Rush, though.

All in all an awesome movie with mostly minor complaints. I suspect watching the extended 2D version might even solve the issues of the dark scenes and the narrative.

I saw The Muppets on Valentine's night.

I enjoyed it, it's great fun. A lot of genuinely amusing bits, and I loved how it was firmly tongue in cheek and very self-aware. Had that 'adults might actually enjoy this more than kids' feel. Adam and Segel had very little to do/weren't as engaging as the Muppets, but that was probably intentional. I loved that she was a beloved mechanics teacher. / all the musical numbers.

I loved how it just takes place in a universe where puppet people are just an accepted thing/unquestioned.

And the cameo from Feist was so random. Yet I can imagine her living in this universe.

Agreed! The cameos were one of the best bits about it i thought!

Sheldon turning up and singing a duet with Marshall was my favourite.

Yeah that was good. Selena Gomez and the boy from Modern Family felt a bit "...". Like..why?

Gaga and Katy Perry were originally in it too but were cut from the movie (it was too long, or something). They should be in the DVD version though.

I'm so in the mood for The Muppets. I need to find 50€ along the streets and go see it. I just find them really comforting & nice to watch, even if the movie itself is shite.