NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Is it actually? It had a terrible first 5 minutes so me and my woman turned it off after that.

It's too self important and the film thinks it's being "quirkier/clever" than it actually is but it's by no means a terrible film. Emma Stone is always a fun watch. :smile:

Young Adult

young-adult-poster.jpg

Reitman's weakest film but the characterisation remains solid. The narrative is what lets it down it was a bit too simplistic and lacked any real spark for the "emotional" parts of the film to hit home. :)

Mighty Joe Young

mighty_joe_young_ver1.jpg

APES RAWK. :heart:

The films not that good but man gorillas are awesome. :D

I think the fact that you referred to your girlfriend as "my woman" shows your views are to be ignored :p

Also the first five minutes are just the opening credits.

Is it actually? It had a terrible first 5 minutes so me and my woman turned it off after that.

This is a terrible post for me to read.

Go and watch it now.

You are aware that the only 'teen school in america based around girls' films worth watching are Clueless, Mean Girls and now Easy A? A vital addition to the canon. It's fantastic.

(Bring It On has it's say, but is way below the others mentioned)

Watched Cowboys and Aliens. A lot of fun, and great acting from Craig and Ford.

Came across this site to find out that Frank Welker is no1 in All Time Top 100 Stars at the Box Office. Megatron the king of Hollywood. I do seem to recall in a movie comentary when discussing animal/monster voice effects that Welker is king and probably the busiest person in TV and Film.

http://www.the-numbers.com/people/records/

Go and watch it now.

You are aware that the only 'teen school in america based around girls' films worth watching are Clueless, Mean Girls and now Easy A? A vital addition to the canon. It's fantastic.

This is a terrible post for me to read, solely for the fact that if I was aware Easy A was worth watching, we would have watched it obviously.

I know the stuff about being kind of animal noises was mentioned in Futurama commentary.

Go and watch it now.

Heathers.jpg

Go hang your head in shame.

Heathers.jpg

Go hang your head in shame.

Bitch plz I run the Heathers fan club round here. But Heathers is removed as it has a different feel/tone/it tells me different things. But yes I suppose one could group it with the others. It feels like it has more things to say though, as a film.

On a related note, I watched this last night:

220px-10_Things_I_Hate_About_You_film.jpg

I bloody love that film.

Julia Stiles face + Deep voice combo is one of my favourite indescribable things in the world.

Julia Stiles face + Deep voice combo is one of my favourite indescribable things in the world.

And yet you just managed to describe it. Well done!

Bitch plz I run the Heathers fan club round here. But Heathers is removed as it has a different feel/tone/it tells me different things. But yes I suppose one could group it with the others. It feels like it has more things to say though, as a film.

It started it all. Things got generally lighter but still had dark tones. Regina getting run over by a bus, Olive being attacked by the guy who also played JD in Veronica Mars etc. Dark moments. The later ones just inverted the pyramid.

'Bill & Ted 3' script is finished, say Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter

Keanu Reeves has revealed that the first script for the upcoming Bill & Ted sequel has been completed.

The Matrix actor - who played Ted Theodore Logan in the first two instalments - said that he is pleased with the first draft.

"Yeah, we have a script," he told The Independent. "We're trying to put it together. It's a good script too."

Co-star Alex Winter later confirmed Reeves's comments, tweeting: "Script done? Check. We love it? Check. Green light? Working on it!"

Keanu Reeves has previously revealed that the third movie will revolve around Bill & Ted aiming to fulfil their supposed destiny of composing a song that saves the world.

1989's Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure helped launch the career of Keanu Reeves, and later spawned the 1991 sequel Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, two animated series and a live-action TV production with a different cast.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a369498/bill--ted-3-script-is-finished-say-keanu-reeves-and-alex-winter.html

Watched 'Warrior' again last night.

Man Tom Hardy is a dick in that film, so good though, and he's such a beast in it, bodes well for DKR.

I'm craving a film to watch. I did see 'The Muppets' today with my sister! It was so lovely :] I just feel nice watching them, they're my definition of pleasant.

Ms. Piggy & the pair of old men are clearly the best.

I really liked the self-awareness in the film. How they know that the world has moved on, how they're not afraid to show the decay of their own creation. I really enjoyed that. It made me laugh a lot and it seems that's their first goal. So they achieved :]

I really liked the self-awareness in the film. How they know that the world has moved on, how they're not afraid to show the decay of their own creation. I really enjoyed that. It made me laugh a lot and it seems that's their first goal. So they achieved :]

Laughter is the 3rd greatest gift. :heh:

Black Rain (1989, Ridley Scott.)

Runtime: 125 minutes

10213.jpg

American ignorance aside this is still a well directed action/thriller that just seems a bit dated now.

Network (1976, Sidney Lumet.)

Runtime: 121 minutes.

network-movie-poster.jpg

It has the greatest dialogue, superbly satirical which remains relevant today. It has a good ending if a little haphazard compared to the rest of the film. Definitely made me want to shout out of the window.

Marie Antoinette (2006, Sophia Coppola)

Runtime: 123 minutes.

marie-antoinette-movie-poster.jpg

Empty but strangely beautiful at the same time. Compelling nothingness. Modern.

Edited by Coolness Bears

New Prometheus trailer -

More Ridley Scott sci-fi? More Ridley Scott sci-fi.

I cannot bloody wait.

I seem to remember there being some Easy A loving in here not so long ago...

I watched it for the first time with my gf the other day as it was £5 in ASDA on DVD.

I thought it was great! Emma Stone was really funny in it! :D

I watched my 1000th movie the other day. :grin:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre:

The_Treasure_of_the_Sierra_Madre-240833935-large.jpg

Perfectly executed, instantly into my favourites. :)

I watched my 1000th movie the other day. :grin:

Congrats, how do you know?

I watched Sonny yesterday. My official review is as follows:

James Franco plays a prostitute that likes to smash things up; directed by Nicholas Cage.

Stellar.

WROTE A GIANT POST AND WAS DELETED.

Saw Burlesque. Iconic, stunning, bad, but not laughably. The brainchild of someone who loves Chicago, Cabaret, Cher and Christina Aguilera. Love it.

Aguilera's acting was actually perfectly fine! Didn't expect that - she did well.

Cher's tranny air was everything. Voice, face, height. Love.

I want to spin around a pole to the latter.

Kristen Bell and Cher's scene in the carpark was life.

I loved how every scene was lit in orange half-light.

cher-burlesque-hairstyle.jpg

I aspire to this.

I was made to watch that a while ago. It was okay in the sense it was what it is, i.e. a sing and dance, and didn't try to be more. The plot was hilariously bad and obvious. Kristen Bell helped a little.

I can remember actually ages ago drifting through Leicester Square when the premiere was taking place. I heard "and now Cher is going to sing" and got the hell out of there :heh: