NEurope
ReZourceman

American Reunion (American Pie 4)

http://www.slashfilm.com/american-reunion/

It’s been a couple years since we first reported that Universal was eyeing another slice of American Pie (yup, I said it), and it looks like the film, titled American Reunion, is finally coming together. It was announced last week that Jason Biggs, Eugene Levy and Seann William Scott had already signed deals with Universal, and that most of the rest of the original cast were in talks. And now, a few plot details have been revealed. Check them out after the jump.

What’s Playing got the scoop on what’ll be happening in the new film. (Please note that the actor names listed below are the actors who played the characters in the first film, and are simply listed for your reference — while it looks like most of the cast will return, not all of them are confirmed at this point.)

The film will center around the gang’s ten-year high school reunion.

Oz (Chris Klein) is a big shot with a Malibu mansion and a girlfriend who seems to be a gold-digger.

Heather (Mena Suvari) is dating a middle-aged surgeon who tries to act younger than his age.

Stifler‘s (Seann William Scott) life has gone down the drain — he’s unhappily working as a temp, and isn’t getting laid much. He avoids going to the reunion. At one point, he sleeps with Laurie, a “former hottie†who’s gained weight.

Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas) is an “international traveler†and will be scoring with Trish, a bartender who used to go to band camp with Michelle.

Stifler’s Mom (Jennifer Coolidge), the original MILF, will be making an appearance.

Jim (Jason Biggs) is still married to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), but his next-door neighbor has a crush on him — and her long-term boyfriend isn’t happy about it. Meanwhile, his sex tape with Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth) has gone viral on YouTube.

What’s Playing also says that the storyline is “very funny†and “seems to embody the heart that was present in the first film but missing in the sequels.â€

Though American Reunion will be the fourth film featuring the characters from the original movie, it’ll actually be the eighth film in the overall series. After the first two sequels, American Pie 2 and American Wedding, the franchise produced four ill-received direct-to-DVD sequels featuring new characters.

The idea of a fourth American Pie struck me as totally unnecessary at first, but as we’re hearing more news I’m actually starting to look forward to seeing the gang again. Particularly if the new film can recapture what was so great about the first one — humor and raunch, but also genuine warmth and an understanding of where these characters were at this place in their lives. Based on the plot outline, it sounds like the potential is definitely there.

I basically completely echo the above. Completely unnecessary, but if we must - could be good.

An American Pie with the original cast... Does sound promising.

Although the quick change in Stifler between 3 and 4 (Band Camp) always concerns me. He went from his normal form into "love mode" due to falling for Michelles sister, that I can believe, it's like him maturing. But in band camp a postcard arrives from Stifler in normal form. Would be interesting to see them explain what happened between Cadence and Stifler.

I couldn't even stand the first movie, and I was in the intended demographic back then. :blank:

Aly Hannigan is on board. Essentially the only reason to watch the film.

I couldn't even stand the first movie, and I was in the intended demographic back then. :blank:

srsly I mean no offense by this; but I don't think 'gay' was in their checklist when they were considering their target audience!

I'm surprised Ol' Willow has signed on. And 8 movies?! Has anyone seen them all?

srsly I mean no offense by this; but I don't think 'gay' was in their checklist when they were considering their target audience!

I'm surprised Ol' Willow has signed on. And 8 movies?! Has anyone seen them all?

All except Beta House and Book of Love*, although I think I may have watched Beta House.

*Jim's Dad created The Bible, shocking.

Yup, right here! I have seen every single American Pie and the first three were definitely the best. The straight-to-DVD movies were funny too but The Book of Love is just the worst. The Stifler in the Book of Love just makes you want to punch him every time he's on-screen. It didn't make me laugh once! :(

About this news, I'm happy to hear it. It should be good considering the whole cast is on board so I look forward to seeing it, although I'm not holding my breath for it to be as good as the first three.

I'm surprised Ol' Willow has signed on.

I suppose it will be like a nice reunion for her. And some money, which never goes amiss.

Great news. The first 3 are hilarious and with the original cast this sounds promising!

Haha, fair enough. And all this time I thought I just had an unusually great taste in movies. :p

I suppose it will be like a nice reunion for her. And some money, which never goes amiss.

My first thought was "they should pay her more on How I Met Your Mother so she doesn't have to do trash like this", but I'd probably sign up too if I were her. They probably had a lot of fun making the American Pie movies all those years ago. :smile:

Haha, fair enough. And all this time I thought I just had an unusually great taste in movies. :p

My first thought was "they should pay her more on How I Met Your Mother so she doesn't have to do trash like this", but I'd probably sign up too if I were her. They probably had a lot of fun making the American Pie movies all those years ago. :smile:

She'll probably want to branch out into other things and prove to herself, and to others, that she is still capable of playing other characters now it looks like HIMYM is most likely coming to an end in the next few seasons!

She'll probably want to branch out into other things and prove to herself, and to others, that she is still capable of playing other characters now it looks like HIMYM is most likely coming to an end in the next few seasons!

By going back to play a role she's already portrayed in three movies, though? As far as branching out goes, that's pretty weak. :heh:

She's also doing a cameo in a film due out this summer. Some run of the mill rom-com but she and Alexis Denisof are playing a married couple.

I was just saying in another thread that ReZ shouldn't presume a film will be good based on its cast, and yet this is an instance where that might be ok...

American Pie is such trash.

I'll ignore this movie just like the rest of them.

I did enjoy the first three, never thought it necessary to watch the straight-to-DVD releases.

I never laughed so hard as I laughed at the "Lesbian" scene in Pie 2.

Only ever watched the original 3. Which i thought were very funny, i didn't watch the other ones coz i just presumed they would be shit.

Will wait and see on this one...

American Pie is such trash.

I'll ignore this movie just like the rest of them.

Well, thank god for that: the rest of us will be able to fit in the cinema without you and your MASSIVE EGO there.

A new American Pie movie.................. not interested.

A new American Pie movie featuring the original cast instead of a bunch of nobodies............... Interesting!!!!.

Stopped watching these movies after Band Camp, basically from what i've heard the later ones arn't great.