NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

I really hate the pink puzzle pieces. In Belgium it's almost impossible to find people with a 3DS, and I'm happy if I get more than 1 streetpass hit in a month...

Most of the time the people I pass don't even have any new pieces, so yeah I don't think I'll ever be able to complete the puzzles with the pink pieces :(

If only there was an option to buy them for a higher price (like 20 coins or something for one pink piece)

I've cleared all rooms and 4 pieces away from completing every puzzle. The quest bored me senseless quite quickly, no idea why i kept completing it for so long, and due to the "accomplishments" not being a part of any over riding system I don't care to solve them either!

The puzzles are pretty fun though. Iwata chatted about creating more reasons for people to streetpass. Well please don't do a third quest, the puzzles are good, but I think more creative appraoch would be better, that and games use it in more meaningful ways.

I'm down to my last 90 or so puzzle pieces, most of them are pink. Using them play coins to clear the non-pink pieces certainly helps me.

And i'm on my 5th play of Streetpass Quest.

I got 3 streetpasses at Meadowhall in Sheffield on Saturday.

First one has no puzzle pieces or data for any games, second person I've now streetpassed 5 times and had a few pink puzzle pieces and quite a lot of streetpass data.

The last streetpass, she had all the puzzle panels completed and over 2000 streetpasses.

Fingers crossed I streetpass her again.

That was me at Meadowhall with the pink pieces (3DS name V), although I am actually missing two from the latest Kirby puzzle. A lot of the streetpasses are from 3DS owning family members so its not as impressive as it sounds. There were three of us there on Saturday so you could potentially have had a couple more pink pieces, but we must have passed too quickly to all register. Might be a while before I'm at Meadowhall again though as I was only there for the AFOL(lego) event.

Oh, and in case Dazzybee was wondering, it is the same V :-)

That was me at Meadowhall with the pink pieces (3DS name V), although I am actually missing two from the latest Kirby puzzle. A lot of the streetpasses are from 3DS owning family members so its not as impressive as it sounds. There were three of us there on Saturday so you could potentially have had a couple more pink pieces, but we must have passed too quickly to all register. Might be a while before I'm at Meadowhall again though as I was only there for the AFOL(lego) event.

Oh, and in case Dazzybee was wondering, it is the same V :-)

Did my streetpass message bring you here by any chance?

I saw all the people with lego bags, wondered what was going off.

Interested in joining the Mario Kart League that I organise, I noticed you had Mario Kart data.

Got 2 new Streetpasses yesterday, none with puzzle pieces and none who were the right colour to clear the next room (at the right level). Damn

Did my streetpass message bring you here by any chance?

Well, I've been following the forums since the cube-europe days, but I don't normally post on forums. Couldn't resist when I saw myself mentioned though.

Well, I've been following the forums since the cube-europe days, but I don't normally post on forums.

2UGW

I was practically in the same position. Joined recently myself.

Welcome!

So yesterday I spent 200+ of my 300 coins and now have ALL the blue pieces in all the puzzles.... the bitchy part though.... NONE of them are complete :mad:

Damned pink pieces have killed the Puzzle Swap for me :(

There are a few where I am lucky and only need 1 more pink piece (OOT, DK) but most of them I have ZERO of the pink pieces :mad:

COME ON NINTENDO, send out Iwata-Mii again or someone else with all the pieces and do it more regular gods damnit

Not to show off...oh alright maybe a little...but I have all the pieces to date ( I believe ) so if anyone in the London or Oxfordshire area is desperate for pieces am happy to sort something out like sitting down and continually street passing for an hour, cheat the system! Or alternatively you will find me on the central line most days :)

Not to show off...oh alright maybe a little...but I have all the pieces to date ( I believe ) so if anyone in the London or Oxfordshire area is desperate for pieces am happy to sort something out like sitting down and continually street passing for an hour, cheat the system! Or alternatively you will find me on the central line most days :)

I believe it resets itself every night at midnight... meaning you can only pass each Mii once per day. Unless you can modify the times to make the 3DS think it's midnight... I haven't tried that though ::shrug:

Plus I've noticed a lot of people here are from Bristol, UK. Is there any Streetpass meetups like they have in London and Cardiff? Maybe someone should organise one, like someone who works at Game or something... :idea:

I believe it resets itself every night at midnight... meaning you can only pass each Mii once per day. Unless you can modify the times to make the 3DS think it's midnight... I haven't tried that though ::shrug:

You can actually have multiple streetpasses with the same person on 1 day! I believe there needs to be around 8 hours between the two encounters though. (My brother has a 3DS too and we are able to streetpass twice a day, in the morning and in the evening)

Plus I've noticed a lot of people here are from Bristol, UK. Is there any Streetpass meetups like they have in London and Cardiff? Maybe someone should organise one, like someone who works at Game or something... :idea:

It's possible to get 3 StreetPasses off 1 person in a day.

As for meetups in Bristol, there is a very small group on meetup.com, but it looks pretty dead. And someone created a Bristol StreetPass group on Facebook and invited a few people, but then quit the group shortly after. ::shrug:

The interest is there, we just need someone to step up with good organisation/leadership skills to make it happen.

Ohh, exciting, I got five StreetPass hits today! I went to the cinema this morning and a load of kids walked past, then I popped into GAME later on so I assume that's where I picked them up.

Well if you want great organisational skills, then that'll be me! As for leadership skills forget it, I'll send us all off to different gameshops and quest around the city but we'll end up in a nursing home somewhere learning how to knit scarfs before we realised where we were!

Got the last two pink pieces I needed on Friday, so now have all the puzzles complete. From past experience this probably means we're due a new puzzle, as usually whenever I finally manage to track down all the pink pieces they put up a new one the next week. Would be nice to see some new hats too so that I had a reason to start playing the quest again.

Also noticed that there's a new streetpass group for Newcastle on twitter (@StreetpassNCL) which might be useful for some of the people looking for passes.

So what's the deal with pink miis who appear by invitation. I have two random people.

These should be Mii's of strangers that have been in online games you've played.

These should be Mii's of strangers that have been in online games you've played.

But I've not played any games online...

So what's the deal with pink miis who appear by invitation. I have two random people.

This happens when people use a different mii to play a game with streetpass features than they use for the streetpass quest. So, for example, if you collect a pass for Mario Kart and the mii that appears in the Mario Kart channel isn't set up for streetpass quest, then when you go into the plaza the mii appears by invitation.

Successful trip for the Manchester Streetpass meet today.

Got all the pink pieces on the newest Kirby puzzle, and only need 15 more pieces to fully complete every puzzle.

:)

I got one streetpass yesterday, which is a crazy number for Taiwan, only to find out it was probably the demo model in an electronics shop I passed and no puzzle pieces or anything :confused:

Well, at long last the Taiwanese can now buy Chinese 3DS' from retailers here, maybe now I'll start to get those long sought after Streetpasses.