NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Has anyone figured out what the max distance/raidus is for a SP to be able to happen?

I was in the city today, had a check up test for my eyes/contact lens. Specsavers is opposite the GameStop. I did not go into the Gamestop at any point. Just went into Specsavers then home. Didn't even walk past he halfway point between the two stores.

Yet somehow managed to get SP hits from both the demo units in GameStop. Based on the times I got the hits the first was while I was sitting down waiting for my turn and the other was after my check up and while paying.

I'm not good with visually judging distace but I'd say for the first one I was at least the distance of a "goal line to the halfway line" on a standard football pitch from the demo unit. And closer by about the "small keepers box to the halfway line" for the 2nd.

YET, on any other day I have to walk actually into the GameStop in order to get the SP hit

Yeah maybe, but hired heroes are normally level 1 and they don't even scratch this guy! I often waste my coins on puzzle pieces as well, but that's not going so well these days either! :weep:

The best strategy for that (weak warriors against strong enemies) is probably to use a dark green (strengthens the next hero) or pink (critical hits) Mii first. Of course, you have to be lucky enough to get one.

[EDIT] Don't use pink!!!

I totally agree with you though. Not being able to hire previous warriors is the original StreetPass Quest's biggest weakness. What are the chances of passing a "real" Mii more than once? It hasn't happened to me yet. I have got one Level 7 warrior from a GAME demo unit, but they reset that and it's hardly ever on nowadays anyway.

Edited by Grazza

The best strategy for that (weak warriors against strong enemies) is probably to use a dark green (strengthens the next hero) or pink (critical hits) Mii first. Of course, you have to be lucky enough to get one.

I totally agree with you though. Not being able to hire previous warriors is the original StreetPass Quest's biggest weakness. What are the chances of passing a "real" Mii more than once? It hasn't happened to me yet. I have got one Level 7 warrior from a GAME demo unit, but they reset that and it's hardly ever on nowadays anyway.

I've met the same Mii 3 times, on all occasions around the GAME store. It does suck not being able to use the same Mii's twice, wish there was a way around that to be honest.

Argh!! I take it back. Whatever you do, don't use pink.

I've just been into town and got 5 Miis, 2 of which were genuine, 3 of which were demo units (so quite strong by now). Like an idiot, I decided to use pink magic (not a euphemism). Well, I then watched my Level 3, 4 and 5 Miis miss every time. What a waste! So, never use pink if you have strong warriors. I suppose it's not a bad tactic if you only have Level 1 warriors though.

I know it's pathetic, but it has ruined my day a bit, especially as I was lucky enough to get a white warrior, but because of my stupid tactics, I wasted him before the room he's needed in!!

On the plus side, I got my first piece of "new" jigsaw today.

Ocarina of Time 3D!

I've got a fully level'd level Mii since we get the same train in the morning. Got a couple of mid level Street Passed Miis as well. Unfortunately haven't got one my new regulars in a while which is a shame.

I avoid using the pink magic, didn't seem worth the risk.

Stuck on the poison room, any idea what colour I need to get passed this room?

Yellow. Sand beats poison, apparently!

Argh, it's pathetic but StreetPass Quest has really annoyed me today. I did that thing with the pink magic, when, if I think about it, I should have just kept clicking "Send to Back" until it wore off. This led me to waste my strong Miis and my white-shirted warrior. Nonetheless, I got into the penultimate room and (here's where it gets even worse), realised I no longer had the white warrior. I then proceeded to waste 60+ coins trying and failing to get a warrior with a white shirt. I could have spent those coins on Puzzle Pieces.

I haven't felt this bad about a game since the 1980s! It's not like a difficult challenge (say, Metroid Prime 2), which you can keep trying to do. The problem is that it's so random. If you're not lucky enough to get the colour you need, that's literally weeks of walking wasted (because of the 10 coin daily limit). To make matters worse, I'm not sure I want to bother trying to get real Miis tomorrow, as I need to build up coins first and try to get a white one. Very irritating.

Had my first Streetpasses in quite some time over the last 48 hours - 5 in total - and also unlocked two achivements as it had been some time. :grin:

Which games have others shared the most data from via Streetpass then? Dead or Alive Dimensions and LEGO Pirates of the Carribean have been most popular for data when I get lucky, while Ridge Racer 3D (not counting games I've not recived any data for) has been the one I've recived the fewest for, which suprises me as it's a good game that's been out since launch and can be found very cheap nowadays.

Welsh did you go to the zelda concert?!

I have your ridge racer times from there but I'm sure you said you didn't go. I wonder if you get friends of friends... weird!

Wow, really? How? What? Why? Perhaps it's an imposter, or Ridge Racer 3D has been secretly updated to include online leaderboards :indeed:

EDIT : Just checked my game and you're not anywhere there. My name is WELSHGMR on it btw.

Edited by welsh_gamer

I may not have many street passes, but I've been lucky enough to have them all be different coloured shirts so I can rent them for 3 coins each. Black, white and Red. The black/white makes the shadow light shield easy, especially with the amount of times you have to face it in Quest 2. Also, lucky enough to be able to street pass my bro everyday at level 7 and get him to change his shirt to any colour I need! The only annoying thing is it always goes first, and those ghouls mostly always auto scare your first away. God I hate the ghouls/zombie things.

Completed the Twilight princess puzzle... It looks really good on the 3DS!

Made it to the poison room but I don't even have 2 yellow Miis to rehire :( Might spend my coins on other stuff for a bit instead of Street Quest.

StreetPassed a real, genuine, keen gamer today - always a good feeling. He had been playing Tales of the Abyss!

Snagged 2 Streepasses from Japan and Norway the other day, and an achievement.

Wahey, i completed my first Quest! :heh:

I had no opion to start Quest 2 though. Guess i have to do Quest 1 again.... meh.

I got my first personal Mii greeting the other day :D

It was from one of the GameStop Mii's ... it simply said "Yo"

I also got my first double hit on a Mii from a real random (ie: not a store unit or family members) :D

And last wednesday morning when I picked the wife and son up at the airport I brought my 3DS with me just in case... while waiting for them I spotted one kid playing a 3DS, sitting on his mothers suitcases on a trolley.... I walked past a twice but got nothing ... guess he didn't have the Wifi on :heh:

That's funny, I had a personal greeting today and replied to it with "Yo!" (not very original, but I didn't know what else to say.) The Achievement system said it was my first personal greeting, but it wasn't - it was just the first since the update.

One of the GAME shops doesn't seem to check their demo units very often, as the Wi-Fi was on, but I just couldn't get a StreetPass from them today. Luckily, one of the employees is cool and actually collects the Puzzle Pieces on his personal 3DS. If it wasn't for him, I don't know how I'd be able to start the new Puzzles.

I went to the Hyper Japan event in London today, and got another 30-40 StreetPasses, and a load of puzzle pieces, including plenty of pink ones, the last few I needed to complete the Donkey Kong puzzle, and the first piece in the the Rhythm Paradise puzzle, which is the only one I hadn't started. So all in all, a good haul! :) Still only managed to get through a single room in StreetPass Quest, though..

Everyone should make sure they check out Puzzle Swap today for a nice surprise from Nintendo. :)

Everyone should make sure they check out Puzzle Swap today for a nice surprise from Nintendo. :)

Yeah, I just got the Spotpass notification out of nowhere! Talk about a nice surprise! :D

Which one did you guys get? I got Kid Icarus Uprising! :)

I got Kid Icarus as well. That was a nice surprise, good to see Nintendo continuing to support StreetPass.