NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

@Nando, I assume you got Ghost data from me? As I know I had one set up?

Yeh.. I checked today and there it was :smile: It appears I received times off you for 3 different tracks but there was only 1 available to race against (which I murdered, by the way :heh:)

After the race was over, your Ghost Data was deleted and, as far as I could see, there was no evidence that I had even raced your car. I don't seem to have any Time Trial data of my own and my records only display your 3 times and 1 that I got from soem random StreetPass months ago.. I don't really get why it doesn't include the time I set in the race today ::shrug:

Anyway, it actually felt surprisingly good going back to have a race in Ridge Racer 3D :hehe:

Only had the 3DS a week, and already have 26 Streetpass Mii's. As Redshell mentioned, they come in handy for SML3D. Met 3 of them twice, at Cardiff Central and GAME. My 3DS is on from when i leave my house to when i get back, mostly on low power that is.

Have been picking up some really weird hats too. :heh: How's everyone else doing with their hat collections?

Where did you get THAT hat? is the question on everyones lips as chris models some of this streetpass seasons upcoming styles/

The next Cardiff StreetPass Network event is being held on Saturday 11th February. Details can be found on the Facebook page. Already 12 people signed up, it's looking to be the biggest event yet in Cardiff.

The next Cardiff StreetPass Network event is being held on Saturday 11th February. Details can be found on the Facebook page. Already 12 people signed up, it's looking to be the biggest event yet in Cardiff.

Damm, I have a feeling this is my week I'm working again. Need to check.

Yep, confirmed I'm working. Might be able to swing a shift swap- looking like it might be busy.

Also @RedShell decided to turn Invites back on, I decided my previous attempt at getting all real streetpasses was a fools errand. Plus the other plaza music sounds cool.

decided to turn Invites back on, I decided my previous attempt at getting all real streetpasses was a fools errand. Plus the other plaza music sounds cool.
Nice one. icon14.gif

It's awesome having the Plaza fill up with so many Miis! :)

I've got over 1500 now.

Wonder if there's a limit though? :blank:

Wonder if there's a limit though? :blank:

There is, 3000. And it'll start deleting your original Plaza Miis once you hit the limit. :hmm:

There is, 3000. And it'll start deleting your original Plaza Miis once you hit the limit. :hmm:
Have you already reached the limit, :o or did you read about it somewhere?

Have you already reached the limit, :o or did you read about it somewhere?

Someone at the StreetPass meetup I went to maxed it out by playing an awful lot of Mario Kart 7 online.

I turned off game invite Miis and deleted all the ones I had, it just felt like they spoilt the Plaza. I'd be really gutted if it started deleting my earliest StreetPasses.

Okay, I hear you guys talking about using store demo units to level up. I myself assumed this was a good idea. I've been around Sheffield City Centre and Meadowhall probably like 5 or more time times combined, deliberately seeking out demo units. I NEVER GET A HIT. I check to see if their wifis on, mine. turn system on and off, stand there for 5-10 minutes and still don't get street passes. I to the Gamestation Demon Unit every time (there's one in Dixons/Currys near WHSMITH too) and never get a hit. One time there where demo stands before the oasis with a lineup of 3-4 3DS's with wifi on. Both me and my bro stood there for ages with our 3DS's. Somehow we ended up with one street pass each but they were both different miis! And even then they may not have been from those demo units because we split up to go to different shops for a bit! Anyone else experience this madness? I can't think how many street passes I've missed just from regular people with it not working.

Okay, I hear you guys talking about using store demo units to level up. I myself assumed this was a good idea. I've been around Sheffield City Centre and Meadowhall probably like 5 or more time times combined, deliberately seeking out demo units. I NEVER GET A HIT. I check to see if their wifis on, mine. turn system on and off, stand there for 5-10 minutes and still don't get street passes. I to the Gamestation Demon Unit every time (there's one in Dixons/Currys near WHSMITH too) and never get a hit. One time there where demo stands before the oasis with a lineup of 3-4 3DS's with wifi on. Both me and my bro stood there for ages with our 3DS's. Somehow we ended up with one street pass each but they were both different miis! And even then they may not have been from those demo units because we split up to go to different shops for a bit! Anyone else experience this madness? I can't think how many street passes I've missed just from regular people with it not working.

It depends on a few things. If the store demo unit has an actual demo of a game on it such as Pilotwings, Nintendogs or Zelda, there is noway you can StreetPass the unit, it's simply disabled and only the game demo is functional.

In shops like HMV, they have 3DS's on display with no game inserted. You should be able to StreetPass these so long as the wifi is switched on, and you clear the backlog in the Plaza. It sometimes takes a while, it probably works best if the 3DS is on the main menu with the lid closed.

If the shop has a retail game in the demo 3DS, then just hit the home button and return to the main menu. It should be the same as the HMV demo units then.

Had a good outing in Cardiff last Saturday. Got 10 StreetPasses from others at the meeting and another 6 from random passers by. Also had some fun 8 player Mario Kart 7 races and Resident Evil Raid Mode matches.

Anyone else experience this madness?

Yes, I take my 3DS with me to Meadowhall quite often and the demo units they have there (1 in Currys/PC World, HMV & 2 in Gamestation) used to always give me streetpass hits but since the streetpass update, I've got zero hits from the demo units.

Had a good outing in Cardiff last Saturday. Got 10 StreetPasses from others at the meeting and another 6 from random passers by. Also had some fun 8 player Mario Kart 7 races and Resident Evil Raid Mode matches.

I completly forgot this event was on, wish i came along.

Yes, I take my 3DS with me to Meadowhall quite often and the demo units they have there (1 in Currys/PC World, HMV & 2 in Gamestation) used to always give me streetpass hits but since the streetpass update, I've got zero hits from the demo units.

I still get demo unit passes since the las update no problem. The only issue I can think of would be if the Wifi is indeed on and you are still not getting a StreetPass is maybe the store (for gods know what reason) turned Disabled the StreetPass feature of the Mii Plaza

Or maybe there is a limit to how many hits a 3DS can get without the "User" going to the Plaza to "meet" their new Mii's... I don't know if there is such a limit but if there is maybe the stores have reached theirs and none of them actually go to check the Plazas which are full and now unable to both send and reach hits?

Anyone know if there is such a limit on the plaza? Like with say MK7 for example, I think you can only get like 10 hits if you don't "clear the back log" and Mario 3D Land is a silly 3 :heh: But I never noticed if the Plaza has a limit or not

It depends on a few things. If the store demo unit has an actual demo of a game on it such as Pilotwings, Nintendogs or Zelda, there is noway you can StreetPass the unit, it's simply disabled and only the game demo is functional.

That actually wouldn't matter, my local Gamestop have two demo units, one with Pilotwings Demo and one with Street Fighter 4 Demo, I still get hits from them and when their Mii enters my plaza it tells me it's most recent software was "Pilotwings (Demo)" or "Street Fighter 4 (Demo)"

Anyway I was in Dublin on Saturday just visiting a cousin. Passed St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre on the way as wanted to check on something. Was pretty chuffed when I parked the car and checked my 3DS and saw a green light... haha, I managed to get a hit while driving my car :D

Edited by Mokong

Mokong - the plaza has a limit of ten, so you may be right about stores not checking their units often enough.

I completly forgot this event was on, wish i came along.

The next meetup is being planned here.

That actually wouldn't matter, my local Gamestop have two demo units, one with Pilotwings Demo and one with Street Fighter 4 Demo, I still get hits from them and when their Mii enters my plaza it tells me it's most recent software was "Pilotwings (Demo)" or "Street Fighter 4 (Demo)"

Yeah seems I got that a bit wrong. Apparently the reason some demo units won't StreetPass is because the shop set parental controls on them.

I recently got all of the hats from the first quest on StreetPass Quest 2, so I've gone back to the secret quest now. I'd forgotten how annoying it is! Too many coloured shields and mummies scaring my warriors away makes for very slow progress.. Oh well, I still think that StreetPass is one of the best things about the 3DS - Nintendo have certainly done a great job of making people want to carry them around with them all the time.

Finally unlocked Street Quest II a yesterday. Looks a lot tougher and longer than Street Quest I :eek:

I never get StreetPass hits :shakehead

I take my 3DS with me everyday to work. I walk through a bustling city, even through the train station on the way to the office, and i still only get like one hit every few days. It's crap. I havn't even completed the first Quest yet - i'm on the very last ghost, but it takes me ages to damage him.

To be honest, it's lost all it's appeal. I dont know whether i'm doing something wrong or if people in Birmingham just dont take their 3DS's out with them. Meh.

I take my 3DS with me everyday to work. I walk through a bustling city, even through the train station on the way to the office, and i still only get like one hit every few days. It's crap. I havn't even completed the first Quest yet - i'm on the very last ghost, but it takes me ages to damage him.

It really doesn't take that long to get through StreetPass Quest without SP hits.

If you're getting 10 play coins every day (which I'm assuming you are), and you're only playing SP Quest every other day (to go in with 10 heroes instead of 5), then it's possible to complete it in a few weeks. :)

I don't get many SP hits these days either, but I'm currently on my 4th playthrough of SP Quest II.

It really doesn't take that long to get through StreetPass Quest without SP hits.

If you're getting 10 play coins every day (which I'm assuming you are), and you're only playing SP Quest every other day (to go in with 10 heroes instead of 5), then it's possible to complete it in a few weeks. :)

I don't get many SP hits these days either, but I'm currently on my 4th playthrough of SP Quest II.

Yeah maybe, but hired heroes are normally level 1 and they don't even scratch this guy! I often waste my coins on puzzle pieces as well, but that's not going so well these days either! :weep:

To be honest, it's lost all it's appeal. I dont know whether i'm doing something wrong or if people in Birmingham just dont take their 3DS's out with them. Meh.

Not sure why your having issues Jay, I get a fair amount of streetpasses from Birmingham.

If it helps I'm hosting another meetup on the 26th Feb @ Broadway Bowling plaza @ 3pm?

There will be between 2-4 people there at present.