NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Holy shit, the stuff the Rabbit showed me of Streetpass Battle looked insane!

CONQUER THE WORLD!

Just bought all four games - I love them all! Can't wait to start getting more StreetPasses. The only annoying thing is going to be how long I'll now have to spend in StreetPass Plaza every time I pass someone!

I purchased all four too. There's a surprising amount to them.

Just bought all four games - I love them all! Can't wait to start getting more StreetPasses. The only annoying thing is going to be how long I'll now have to spend in StreetPass Plaza every time I pass someone!
I purchased all four too. There's a surprising amount to them.
Have you played much of the Shoot 'em Up game yet? I'd be interested to see some impressions on that game in particular, as it's the one I'm most interested in.

And do you need StreetPass hits/Play Coins to actually initiate the games (like with Quest & Puzzle swap) or can you just play them anyway?

Have you played much of the Shoot 'em Up game yet? I'd be interested to see some impressions on that game in particular, as it's the one I'm most interested in.

And do you need StreetPass hits/Play Coins to actually initiate the games (like with Quest & Puzzle swap) or can you just play them anyway?

The shoot 'em up was fun and challenging from what I played.

I think you can tackle it solo any time, but Streetpass hits and Play Coin hires will help you out a lot.

No, I don't think you can do it solo. When I tried to go in after my first attempt, it kicked me back out again. Good game, though, and that's from someone with very little experience of scrolling shooters.

You definitely need StreetPasses/use Play Coins to initiate all the games. They work in a similar way to Street Pass Quest. The SP Squad (schmup) game, for example, is based on you being the pilot of a spaceship and your SP Hits being the firing weapons. I have played for the 1st 2 levels. It's hard to say so far, but the 1st level was easy, the 2nd easy as well, but cunningly placed the treasures in places that will be hard to get, allowing for multiple playthroughs. It holds a lot in the promise of longevity, in that there's plenty to collect, high score leaderboards, and tickets to collect. Can't wait to get back to it.

Check here for ONM's opinions as well.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51363/decide-which-new-streetpass-games-you-want/

Edited by londragon

^Been waiting for stuff like this, the fact it took so long is baffling. Course I barely go out to the mall anymore, but the last few times I did it had turned into streetpass central! Can get hits just going from cinema<>trainstation. Wheras before I'd wander around covering every square inch of the city and get naff all.

the 2nd easy as well

:blank: I just lost three lives on it this morning - I shudder to think what I'll be like on later levels!

Got the bundle, it seems well worth the price. StreetPass Squad and Battle are my favourites so far. It's cool that they save high scores and swap them with other players.

It's a shame Nintendo didn't change/remove the silly 10 play coins a day limit or 300 total. With the new games it's now a very small amount. It just penalises legitimate gamers for no reason and encourages people to change the date and toss off their 3DS for coins.

When everyone says they love them all, we're all just pretending the gardening one doesn't exist yeah?!

Cheers for the info everyone, think I'll pass on the Shoot 'em Up game for now though. Too hooked on AC at the moment anyway. ;)

When everyone says they love them all, we're all just pretending the gardening one doesn't exist yeah?!

Haven't tried it yet, but yeah it looks to be a little underwhelming.

Seeing as I still cry at night over EA cancelling My Garden, it might be my favourite game of the generation.

The garden one may have roots yet. It's simple enough and it may appeal to Nintendo's real target audience, i.e. not us.

I'm actually loving all of the games, including the plant one. It's beautifully simple, but the complexity it offers is pretty astounding, it's a good shake to my initial impressions.

But as for favourites, it's gotta be Battle (my army is well over 200,000 , though I've met people with just under a million AND the largest empire I've heard through others is maxed out at 9,999,999 soliders) and Squad (which I've just finished the final battle of).

I've got a significant amount of hats now, but I'm starting to reach the point where hat tickets aren't coming as fast as they once did and tomorrow will probably be the first time I haven't been able to afford all 4 daily hats.

Over 200,000 of the games have been downloaded in less than 2 weeks

I must be the only one who hasn't downloaded the new games as of yet. I need to, going to Swansea next weekend for a streetpass event so they'll be a necessity.

I'm actually loving all of the games, including the plant one. It's beautifully simple, but the complexity it offers is pretty astounding, it's a good shake to my initial impressions.

But as for favourites, it's gotta be Battle (my army is well over 200,000 , though I've met people with just under a million AND the largest empire I've heard through others is maxed out at 9,999,999 soliders) and Squad (which I've just finished the final battle of).

I've got a significant amount of hats now, but I'm starting to reach the point where hat tickets aren't coming as fast as they once did and tomorrow will probably be the first time I haven't been able to afford all 4 daily hats.

Loving all for games as well, think Streetpass Mansion is my fav and Battle coming a close second.

Have you unlocked many Costumes yet? Got 4 myself :)

The new street pass games are great, except Garden which I'm not a big fan of but has loads of depth. My favourite is the shoot 'em up one. Worth buying the pack though.

Got 4 street passes today + 2 from my other 3DS's so made some good progress in all the games.

Today I also got the Link Costume (looks great), Zelda hair and Sheik... Hat, I think? There was a Chicken hat which I hoped was actually a Cucoo but I didn't buy it.

Have you unlocked many Costumes yet? Got 4 myself :)

Uhh, too many to count! Today's hats were:

Olimar from Pikmin Hat

UFO Hat

Rupee Hat

Treasure Box Hat

..Leaving me at 2 hat tickets left out of the 40 or so I've gotten through the achievements.

Uhh, too many to count! Today's hats were:

Olimar from Pikmin Hat

UFO Hat

Rupee Hat

Treasure Box Hat

..Leaving me at 2 hat tickets left out of the 40 or so I've gotten through the achievements.

Not hats, I meant full body costumes.

Donkey Kong Outfit

Luigi Costume

Mario Costume

Zelda Costume.

Got all the above hats myself, plus Tom Nook, Goomba Hat, Lakitu, and countless others as well. Think I need another 63 at last count.

Been taking my 3DS to work with me recently and have been getting loads of Streetpass hits. I suppose loads of people will take theirs on the train. Was thinking of changing my greeting to "Tickets Please" :D

Took mine to Taipei City centre today, got 10 Street Passes. Have never seen more than 2 people queued at my entrance gate before today. Well happy, need to get there more often now though.

Forgot to mention when I was in Dublin on Saturday I picked up 2 StreetPasses, one actually had puzzle pieces for me.

I had a choice between one blue piece for a new puzzle or a Pink piece from another new puzzle.

Went with the Pink piece and it turned out to be for the Skyward Sword puzzle.

Wonder if the the other one was teh Xenoblade puzzle as I also got Super Luigi U, Heroines and Drillions Western puzzles (got all 3 from Spotpasses)