N-Europe

Attack the Block

Retro_Link

This... actually looks quite good. I really like the idea of an alien invasion from the point of view of some average urban kids in a typical estate, as opposed to a group of marines on a spaceship or something similar. If they can build proper tension and avoid too many "Durr hurr chavie chavs"-type jokes I think we could be on to something promising.

Was just watching this on the BBCs best programme (Film 2011, fucking awesome show) Joe Cornish is king and from the very few bits they showed, I think it looks utterly fantastic, not least because of the realistic dialogue, good effects and seemingly interesting direction! :D

I'm a fan of the pegg/frost movies! Typically they star in satirical genre pastiches that are worth a dry heave of laughter here and there. Clearly it's very low budget, which will reflect in a lot of poor acting and off delivery with lines but the novelty should carry this film a fair way. Frost's role is hugely downplayed, and in general the trailer gives little away of the plot (even if the story is fairly obvious) so I think I'll put it on my "will watch if and when I have money to do so" list.