Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

@Hero\-of\-Time when you hit the top of the pole you get one extra life "1Up". everytime i hit the top it says 1Up and you get that little 1Up "chime" and instead of the standard red flag, you get a gold one.

Edited by -Dem0-

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hero\-of\-Time when you hit the top of the pole you get one extra life "1Up". everytime i hit the top it says 1Up and you get that little 1Up "chime" and instead of the standard red flag, you get a gold one.

Yeah, just wondering if you get something more for it though. Maybe an extra star on your profile or something?

I just finished world 8 earlier, boss fight was fantastic. :D I'm now enjoying the post game stuff. This game just keeps on giving.

Yeah, just wondering if you get something more for it though. Maybe an extra star on your profile or something?

I just finished world 8 earlier, boss fight was fantastic. :D I'm now enjoying the post game stuff. This game just keeps on giving.

You get an extra star on your profile if you get all gold flags and I think if you get all five stars on your profile then it unlocks something else. :)

Pissed off. Hasn't arrived today either.

It's most likely been stolen by a Royal Mail employee, but why the fuck doesn't Amazon address the problem? I've had first and second class letters and packages go missing, but strangely a 'recorded' letter never goes wandering! I'm either stuck with regular first class that's prone to problems and when there's a problem, you've gotta put up with the 'wait 2 weeks' or I pay £10 for expedited which will most likely get allocated to HDNL who seem to forget that handling packages is handling other peoples property and have some real bastards delivering.

It's 2011, how the fuck are we still not at the point where every letter has a barcode and can be traced?

That sucks dude. Can you not just buy it from Asda or something and get refunded from Amazon?

Only played this a little, on world 2-3 I think. It's ok, but not a patch on 64, Galaxy and Sunshine. It reminds me more of the New Super Mario games, which I didn't really like much.

That sucks dude. Can you not just buy it from Asda or something and get refunded from Amazon?

Only played this a little, on world 2-3 I think. It's ok, but not a patch on 64, Galaxy and Sunshine. It reminds me more of the New Super Mario games, which I didn't really like much.

I might do, but I think I'm going to wait it out. I'm not that desperate for the game, it's just very annoying how the postal service isn't really up to modern standards and the bullshit waiting times to claim it's lost. If first class isn't with you within 2 days, it's counted as late and you're supposedly entitled to compensation for late deliveries because it's hard to prove it was late for non-recorded packages.

Then online retailers expect you to wait a week or two to see if the item is a no show before they make a move. Sure, makes sense with all the scammers out their trying to get a second copy, but it fucks over the customers who chose them over many other businesses only to get it dispatced late and by regular first class (surely it would have been in Amazon's best interests to go with recorded for items over £20 or so?).

It's all totally backwards..

i dont preorder from amazon anymore, my last 3 preorders were very late and one time i bought a nunchuck and it never arrived! the seller was excellent, he was very fast in responding to any messages or emails. the first order was lost thanks to royal mail, the seller then sent out a replacement after i told him i never received the order during the delivery period, whats worse is that the replacement never reached me aswell! royal mail screwed up twice on the same order.

in the end the seller just refunded me the order and i think they sent a complaint to royal mail, for messing up my order and losing 2 of they're products... shambolic!

royal mail? more like royal pain! i understand how you feel and hope its sorted asap.

I wasn't planning on buying it at all since I'm not that fan of sidescrollers. But I was in the store for other business when I saw it on the shelf. Thinking about it I came to the conclusion that buying it is mandatory for a nintendo fan^^ Surprisingly, I think it is fun. I love the fact that it is easy. If it had been anything like the ones I downloaded on Wii I would have rage quited before I finished the first world.

This game just keeps getting better and better. Some of the post game stuff is fantastic.

I really enjoy the levels where you are up against the clock and have to grab more time. It's also nice to see the Shadow Mario races back.

I went back to some of the earlier levels just to grab the gold flags that i've missed and then went back to the post game stuff, which i'm now halfway through. Some of the later stuff really requires you to manage your items well. I keep going back to World 1-1 just to grab a couple of power ups. :D

is it just me or has anybody else not seen this invincible tanooki power up? ive not seen anything like it at all! the only thing invincible ive seen is the star. anyway the post game stages are excellent! i promised myself that i wouldnt play more than 1hr a day but each time i end up doubling it! its a testament to nintendo's fantastic design, craft and overall quality.

is it just me or has anybody else not seen this invincible tanooki power up? ive not seen anything like it at all! the only thing invincible ive seen is the star. anyway the post game stages are excellent! i promised myself that i wouldnt play more than 1hr a day but each time i end up doubling it! its a testament to nintendo's fantastic design, craft and overall quality.

I wouldn't worry about seeing the invincible Tanooki Suit as it means you are good at the game. :p

I've seen it many times and used it a few times but even that can't stop my poor timing whilst jumping.

Tanoobki suit moar liek. :heh:

Came home after two weeks away for Zelda and mario to be there waiting for me. The joy. Played world 1 of mario before bed and absolutely loved it. I don't understand the Y, X, B, A malarky, I don't understand people thinking it's too slow, too easy or the (early) levels too small. It's just entertainment in its absolutely purest form!! The fact the game is massive after you finish it and it gets better and harder just makes me better and harder! Well...harder at least!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!